PDA

View Full Version : Super Hostile (and other CTM related maps)

gnod
08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Has anyone here ever tried any Complete the Monument (CTM) maps? Vechs's Super Hostile series (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-vechs-super-hostile-series/) is probably some of the most popular. It involves collecting different colored wool found throughout the map and you place them on the Victory Monument. In Vechs's maps there are 16 pieces of wool (1 of each color) and 3 resource blocks (iron, gold, and diamond).

I just started Super Hostile #4 The Kaizo Caverns and am really enjoying it. I've never been a huge fan of sandbox games. I'm not a good builder (not much in the creative department) and always feel like I'm not accomplishing anything when I mine for resources in regular minecraft. I like the objective based theme in these CTM maps. I think I'm a little over halfway through Kaizo Caverns with 5 wools and a diamond block left to collect. I haven't been keeping track but I think I have maybe half a dozen deaths so far. Considering how easy it is to die I like to think that's a pretty good accomplishment. I'll might post a screenshot of the victory monument (and maybe a little of my base) when I get home

Drewbie
08-05-2013, 09:29 AM
We've watched a few videos of these company or goal oriented Minecraft servers and talked about how fun they seem, but that's as far as it's gone.

Gnorlin
08-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Sounds interesting. I got into SkyBlock awhile back and found that to be a fun challenge.

gnod
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Here's a shot of what I've completed so far on the monument

My storage and furnace setup. When you get ore you get TONS of it. I had all of those furnaces lit at one point. It was a good feeling

Farm setup. Dirt is hard to come by but I've tried to make the most of it. I just set up a skeleton spawner trap so I have unlimited bones and, thus, unlimited food :dance:

gnod
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
So I found a few diamonds the other night

gnod
06-14-2015, 09:40 PM
I find it highly amusing that you guys (Mac) chose Vechs's most famous yet probably most difficult map to start your SH adventures

Macheath
06-14-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't really expect it to last. We'll get tired of failing so hard. But it's funny that I forgot all about this thread and randomed my way into the same horrifyingly difficult map.

gnod
06-15-2015, 03:26 AM
If you want something less intense/shorter I'd suggest maybe Diversity 2 (http://www.curse.com/worlds/minecraft/224139-diversity-2). It's a lot shorter than the super hostile based maps and, well, it has a lot of diversity in the map