PDA

View Full Version : Drewville Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

nynnja
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
This is the server started around the first of March 2011.

Multi-player survival mode with no special mods.

Gnorlin
03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I vote for Drewbekistan

nynnja
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Drew, thanks for building my zombie death machine.

Someday I hope to add the loot light.

In the meantime if anybody needs feathers feel free to collect at will. Go down my hole about half way and you'll find it.

Macheath
03-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Today I learned Nynnja keeps feathers in his hole.

nynnja
03-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Drew took me to visit mkain's place. Dude, that's serious. You are a mining fool and have build some serious stuff. The damn road must have taken you days.

Anyway on the way back I saw a glitch that made a 30x30 hole down to bedrock with shear sides. Anybody else seen these? Well I could clearly see a big lava pool in the opposite corner all the way down. What to do next? well, dig down and find it of course. I dug straight down, turned and went horizontal for a while, then straight down again. Sort of counted along the way, but didn't have a hard number to hit. Digging down for the second time I opened a hole under my feet and landed 1 block from the lava. :whew: That was cool.

Great I found a big lava filled cave. It doesn't go anywhere else so I'm stuck in a hole with no way back up. After an hour or so I dug a stairway back to the surface and came up right under a lake covered in ice. Well crap. I managed to bust through but I didn't want to leave my new stairway to lava so I started building. I built a simple stone building on the ice and filled down to the bottom. After excavating it all back out I now have a tower in the middle of the lake down to the bottom with a stairway to the lava pit. There also seemed to be a bad guy spawn point pretty close to the bottom so I'm going back to check that out later.

My lake house is adjacent to mkain's glass bridge along a mountainside. There's currently no door so if you bust in please fill the hole.

nynnja
03-18-2011, 09:57 PM
The hole was something like this...

http://oi51.tinypic.com/wldpnp.jpg

Drewbie
03-19-2011, 06:13 AM
I've seen quite a few of those from time to time. When I've tried to stand on them, or in one case sail over them, I get all glitched to hell and have to relog typically. One time I saw several diamonds at the bottom and contemplated doing what you did, but with no hard, fast way to figure out exactly where they were, I didn't take the chance.

Also, you'll notice the holes are 16x16 which is the size of one chunk in the game.

Gnorlin
03-19-2011, 07:09 AM
This morning I fell into Nynnja's zombie trap and almost died. It was super effective.

nynnja
03-19-2011, 10:56 AM
tried to make a spider trap. doesn't work so far. I guess they don't drown.

nynnja
03-19-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna try this one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRF5yr8I9M)

nynnja
03-19-2011, 06:36 PM
If I can login. Anybody know why that isn't happening?

nynnja
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
the spider trap works, now I just have to tweak the flow to collection and put in a morbid curiosity window

nynnja
03-19-2011, 08:49 PM
I guess I messed up the collection bit. hrrmm.

nynnja
03-19-2011, 09:54 PM
After sheil managed to blow up part of my hole with a creeper I thought maybe Gnorlin's not that dumb, or at least not the only dumb one. So I've taken steps to make my hole more closed off and more zombie proof. Likewise you guys could stop acting like Dateline, luring zombie sex criminals into my hole.

Drewbie
03-20-2011, 08:07 AM
You should check out the spider trap that Krazylegs built. It's awesome. It's built around a spider spawner and just sucks the spiders into 4 downward flows of water, causing the strings to get sucked down to a collection point below that. Pretty slick.

Gnorlin
03-20-2011, 09:00 AM
I visited drew's house this morning and saw all the cool shit. Arya said that your underground tree farm was "very good"

nynnja
03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll have to look up Krazylegs trap. Any clue how to get there?

Drewbie
03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
His place is the wooden house near the spawn. He's got a door to a cave entrance just to the left of his house. If you go down I think 2 stories, you'll see another set of stairs go off into a cave with some wheat and a workshop. If you follow the double-wide cobblestone path through the cave, you'll come to his double dungeon of spiders and skeletons.

nynnja
03-21-2011, 06:48 AM
he was on last night and gave me a tour. I'm going to try his trap when I get a chance.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Now that I've got a pretty good trap design and have spent some time working with circuits, I started working on some of the trickier railroad track launchers and designs. In my little test lab off the side of my main base I've got a pretty good launcher system working, but I've got some more tweaks before I'm ready to take the concept topside in a train station with branches back to the spawn and another over to mkain's place.

I've got a fairly healthy amount of track built up and still have iron left over for more cars for boosters, but I don't think I have enough to complete tracks to both places. I wouldn't say to start cranking out track immediately as I think I can get a track laid from the spawn to my place, but if you know you've got extra iron bars just sitting around with no plan for them, I'd love for you to set them aside for this project.

Gnorlin
03-21-2011, 06:59 AM
I have like 16 Diamonds at the moment but I can't seem to find enough Iron to keep up with my mining pick and armor needs. Maybe I'll start using a diamond pick do I can build up some iron supplies.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Why do so many of you guys wear armor all the time? I had a set and only wear it when going into new areas of my cave, but even then I rarely remember to put it on. I just carry a few cooked pork chops with me instead. Hell, I die to falling more than anything else so the armor wouldn't help me anyway. As far as picks go, I only ever use stone picks and just make sure to carry an iron one with in case I encounter any diamonds or gold that I'll need it for. I've got 15 diamonds now as well, with no plans to use them.

Gnorlin
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Actually I think armor helps with fall damage too.

I enjoy not having to hunt pigs all the time or have a farm to keep up with food production so I wear the armor. Also, look where you're going noob.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't just fall off cliffs. I'm usually mining in the dark cause I'm tight with my torches too.

Gnorlin
03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I have so much freaking coal. I have six furnaces stocked with coal and more to spare for torches.

Gnorlin
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm also planning an underground farm to lessen my dependence on armor for not dying, but I'll probably still wear armor.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I grew a bunch of sugar cane just so I can make cake since they're supposed to nearly fully heal you with several servings. And as far as chasing pigs, I just kill those I see while venturing outside. They tend to gather in groups of 3-5 so killing those usually nets me 6 pork chops.

nynnja
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I haven't done the math but I'm just guessing time spent growing/finding food < time + materials for armor.

I tried armor but gave it up since I like using iron tools. I'm currently employing Drew's approach minus the stone picks. Then again I'm not saving iron for tracks or minecarts, but perhaps I will if we can make a system between all our places.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Just to clarify, I won't lay a single piece of track til I have a good plan for stations that are generally automated. I don't want a big system of tracks that no one uses like we had on the last server, especially when we're making all the materials for it manually.

drajl
03-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Before we get too dedicated to setting up another mine track system, it might be worth looking into boat highways. There are some pretty neat videos on youtube, and the materials are a lot easier to come by than all the iron we'd need for mine carts. Plus it looks cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77lX-28iv4

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
You feel free. I'm only building the minetrain system because it's of interest to me. All the boosters, launch circuits, and automation are fascinating. Come on over to my test lab to see what I've got going currently. It'll show you what I'm talking about.

Drewbie
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Ok, just watched that video and it's on my project list now. I'm gonna finish the train track system between my place and the spawn, but with the distance between everything else and mkain's place, that seems like a better option for long distances.

Macheath
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I enjoy not having to hunt pigs all the time

You can make an underground pig generator with a patch of grass and some light.

Gnorlin
03-21-2011, 05:57 PM
You can make an underground pig generator with a patch of grass and some light.I read about grass and it sounds like it won't grow underground, plus how can you get it down there?

nynnja
03-22-2011, 04:30 AM
it would take a bit of work, but grass can be cultivated indoors. according to the wiki it will grow ...

Grass only grows spontaneously during map generation. Afterward, it must spread from a nearby block. A dirt block must be placed with no solid block or fluid on top of it and have a light level of at least 4 to accept grass. Grass can spread to any of the immediately adjacent blocks in the same layer, including diagonally. Grass can also spread to blocks one level above or three levels below the source block, even if the grass/dirt blocks are hovering in the air with nothing else directly touching them. It travels downwards much faster than it does upwards, and the more grass blocks that are in range of a given dirt block, the faster it will spread there. For example, it is possible for grass to directly "jump" to a dirt block three blocks below and one block to the side of the source. It can also spread directly downwards, so long as the target dirt block has no solid block directly on top of it (stone, for example, as opposed to torches).

the "three levels below" part makes me think you could train grass into your underground area. Then just keep it lit and don't put anything on top of it. I'm pretty sure the light level of 4 is less than trees.

Gnorlin
03-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Ohhhhh, I for some reason I read "A dirt block must be placed with no solid block or fluid on top of it" as there could be no solid block ANYWHERE above it, not just immediately on top of it. The chaining thing could be a pain but at least it's possible.

Drewbie
03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I might try that to get grass down into my underground tree farm. From there it'd be easy to get it anywhere else I wanted in there.

Gnorlin
03-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Ohhhhh, I for some reason I read "A dirt block must be placed with no solid block or fluid on top of it" as there could be no solid block ANYWHERE above it, not just immediately on top of it. The chaining thing could be a pain but at least it's possible.NOw that I put some thought into it I can just place a chain of dirt blocks going down my stairs and take them out after the grass is down there. I was thinking I'd have to dig a hole straight down and chain it that way but this will be a lot easier.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 07:11 AM
ding ding ding! Now we can make farms underground ... then slaughterhouses!

Drew, can you make a pig grinder?

Drewbie
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Heh, you know, I think I could. Actually, if we turned on /give and allowed putting spawners in inventory, when placed they only spawn pigs and never monsters.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
NO CHEATS! I want a legit slaughterhouse. It shouldn't be much different than the zombie killer I'd imagine. Only issue might be if they have to spawn on grass and grass can't have water on it then you'd have to wait for the pigs to wander into the water or off a cliff, which shouldn't be too hard.

Drewbie
03-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Another trick for spawning animals is to use lava in a glass box as a light source since animals are the complete opposite of mobs and tend to spawn way more in the best possible lighting.

So you could build a small, grass-filled pen with a lava light source directly above it like a lamp, then have the 3rd side of the pen be the typical drowning trap waterfall of death. They're bound to fall in from time to time and you can always give them a push.

But honestly, for the time and effort required, I'd rather just run in there and stab them.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I tried to do some reading on pig farms and it seems to be difficult. They spawn in well lit areas and they need grass, but there's also a limit to the number of animals on a map at a time. So you're just as likely to have too many animals on the surface to let any spawn below.

I'm still going to try it but it may not work so well.

Also it's hilarious when people are using mods to make spawners and other crap then they complain they can't get their pig trap to work right and automatically make ham ....... just /give yourself ham you jackwagon!

nynnja
03-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Gnorloin, I propose we work together on this. I read somewhere you want a large open area to maximize pig spawning. Let's make a cave between our bases (north of the spawn point) approximately 30x30 and a couple high. Once we get grass in there we can figure out lighting and pig creation/slaughter.

Gnorlin
03-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds lovely! Should we just make it a branch off of the tunnel between my mine and your hole?

nynnja
03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Sounds lovely! Should we just make it a branch off of the tunnel between my mine and your hole?

Excellent! Let's make a side tunnel somewhere in between and build to the north. We may want to check the depth so we don't run into the lake as we'll be right under it. My gut feeling is we're low enough.

Gnorlin
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
I found a fancy thing that could help us. If you press F3 you can see what your coordinates are, you could go to the bottom of the lake and compare that number to the tunnel :)

Also it shows numbers over the heads of mobs and you can actually see where mobs are through walls. I found a nice big cave complex with this method.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Love it! I knew about that for finding mobs but didn't look at the coordinate thing. Definitely makes that task simpler.

Drewbie
03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I've been using the F3 trick to much success in finding caves I haven't discovered that are close to where I'm at. I'll hear a zombie groan, but not see anything til I hit my F3 and see roughly where they are through the walls. Doing that under the ice castle Nynny built, I found a relatively small cave system, but one that held 9 diamonds in a relatively tight area.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Doing that under the ice castle Nynny built, I found ... 9 diamonds in a relatively tight area.
Where's my cut?

Drewbie
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Whatcha want?

nynnja
03-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Just being a punk and pointing out you mined diamonds under my castle which is clearly my property way closer to mkain's base in an otherwise unpopulated area.

/end sarcasm

Gnorlin
03-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Just being a punk and pointing out you mined diamonds under my castle which is clearly my property way closer to mkain's base in an otherwise unpopulated area.

/end sarcasm

Whatcha want?

Why don't you just give the diamonds to me and then everyone will be happy. Plus you don't like diamonds anyway.

nynnja
03-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Whatcha want?
I want you to give the diamonds to Gnorlin.

Kyrin
03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Drew just ninja looted your property!

There's an idea...

nynnja
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Gnorloin I started the farm! Just run down that hall and you'll find it. I kind of laid out the extents of the area. Mining out stone and laying a field of dirt. There's a cave straight off from the stairs but I figured the farm would end before that. If you want to start bringing grass down that would be cool. The tunnel between our places is just below the hill you're on so it shouldn't be too hard. We're only down a couple blocks because I dug up 1 block in the ceiling toward my island and found the lake.

drajl
03-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been doing some testing on that boat highway, and boats are still way too buggy on SMP for it to work. Hopefully notch'll get around to fixing them soon.

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Gnorloin I started the farm! Just run down that hall and you'll find it. I kind of laid out the extents of the area. Mining out stone and laying a field of dirt. There's a cave straight off from the stairs but I figured the farm would end before that. If you want to start bringing grass down that would be cool. The tunnel between our places is just below the hill you're on so it shouldn't be too hard. We're only down a couple blocks because I dug up 1 block in the ceiling toward my island and found the lake.I got a good start on it and there's a dirt path up from the surface. Grass spreads SUPER SLOWWWW but it should be down there by tonight.

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Perhaps we can use something like this to kill our piggies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTZEV34zhY

nynnja
03-23-2011, 07:52 AM
That video is almost but not quite entirely unhelpful. When they hit the lava won't the pork chops burn up?

And again, if you're playing on a server where you can /give pig spawners why bother making a pig trap? Just spawn the damn cooked pork chops.

I think we'll need to just kill the pigs the old fashioned way or maybe make a falling trap.

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 08:08 AM
I read about the lava trap thing. If you place your lava just right it will kill the pig but it's meat will drop in the water and be moved along to the collection area. It might take some trial and error to get right though.

Look here under Lava Retrieval Traps:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Traps#Water_and_Lava_traps

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Here's a better video of the lava part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKZc-Ci6ujw

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Just thought I'd post this:

[03/18/2011 19:43:03 MSK] Arvenis was killed by an angry Spider
[03/19/2011 18:32:49 MSK] Arvenis was killed by an angry Skeleton
[03/20/2011 01:36:11 MSK] fiskar01 was killed by an angry Zombie
[03/20/2011 01:38:14 MSK] fiskar01 took a leap of faith
[03/20/2011 14:21:28 MSK] Arvenis was killed by an angry Skeleton
[03/20/2011 15:56:59 MSK] mkain45 took a leap of faith
[03/22/2011 08:47:55 MSK] Dendroz fell to their death
[03/22/2011 08:51:04 MSK] Dendroz was killed by an angry Skeleton
[03/22/2011 09:22:24 MSK] Dendroz burned to death
[03/22/2011 09:49:45 MSK] Dendroz was creeper bombed
[03/22/2011 10:03:49 MSK] Dendroz fell to their death
[03/22/2011 17:31:02 MSK] mkain45 burned to death
[03/22/2011 22:12:33 MSK] mkain45 hugged a creeper
[03/22/2011 22:44:23 MSK] drewbie63 was killed by lava
[03/23/2011 00:14:35 MSK] sallycock took a long walk off a short pier
[03/23/2011 00:31:12 MSK] mkain45 was killed by an angry Skeleton

nynnja
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I was trying to figure out the depth of the lake above the pig farm and forgot to breathe. Then I almost died again trying to retrieve my stuff. Wish I had known how to breathe under water. Apparently you can use a bucket to remove water and quickly get a breath before the hole fills, or you can place a sign or ladder and it makes an air gap you can use.

Dendrophilia
03-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Im farming lots and lots of lava... for something off the beaten path...

also there might or might not be a minefield.

nynnja
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I forgot to ask, does anybody want to fess up to bringing a creeper into my island or was it somehow a random event? I logged in to find a waterfall where I previously had stairs. And if somebody did lead one in there did you do it on purpose?

I don't understand a) how you guys lead so many creepers around, and b) why you keep leading them into my island.

Gnorlin
03-23-2011, 02:12 PM
wasnt me!

nynnja
03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I guess more importantly if these are random events I'd like to figure out how to prevent them.

Macheath
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
blaming random events on malice is textbook persecution complex

Dendrophilia
03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I've been blown up a few times, but usually right around my area... My problem is i was playing with the sound off so i can talk on vent and stuff. I already lost a diamond pick into lava that way

nynnja
03-23-2011, 07:49 PM
go gnorloin! We have a field of grass.

.... now what? There aren't any pigs down here.

nynnja
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
there's pigs!

I killed them and took their chops.

nynnja
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
four pigs spawned, I killed them, got two pork chops, and now there aren't any pigs.

Gnorlin
03-24-2011, 04:40 AM
yeah we're not really getting a herd down there. There's two chickens down there this morning, but they did give me 5 eggs!

drajl
03-24-2011, 07:39 AM
If you get rid of all the grass in that area on the surface, then animals will have a higher probability of spawning on the grass on your farm. The downside is it looks terrible.

nynnja
03-24-2011, 08:09 AM
New goal: make top side look terrible!

Gnorlin
03-24-2011, 09:22 AM
New goal: make top side look terrible!Time to put in a parking lot!

Gnorlin
03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
It's odd, our little underground farm seems to vary between having no animals at all and having 5-10 animals. I just don't get how we're going from 10 animals to 0. Does anyone know if they despawn or something?

Drewbie
03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Everything will despawn at some point and the system of when it occurs tends to vary. Dropped loot from monsters is gone in around a minute, but only sometimes it seems. Dropped items from a death will persist for 10-20 minutes sometimes and be gone instantly others. With monsters and animals, I've noticed that if I see one, then leave that area even briefly, often the stuff that was there will be gone. The same goes for spawning. When I'm on my trap outside trying to kill stuff, if nothing is there it's like the old analogy of a watched pot that never boils. But if I walk away and come right back, it's swarming with stuff.

Drewbie
03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Oh, and Nynny, the answer to your problems is a breakwater of obsidian. Just make a bucket, get some lava, and cast it where you want it.

nynnja
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Or maybe I'll just make a moat of lava around my island that you have to jump over. That sounds way more dangerous.

nynnja
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Hello Drewvillians ... Drew Villans? .. anyway...

I think we may have a small property conflict. I continued building my supply room tonight only to find a tunnel right above/through it. There seems to be a new door leading underground right next to mine that leads down a long hallway to a small island.

I think I can work around it but I'm going to move the floor of your tunnel up to accommodate my existing base.

...later on... well of course that doesn't work because it's one block below the water.

I'll see if I can find a way around this, or if you wouldn't mind moving/removing your entrance that would be swell. If you just want a door near the spawn point you're welcome to walk through my base and I can make a door to your tunnel.

nynnja
03-25-2011, 07:32 PM
I made a nice new bridge and tunnel entrance further out in the water. Enjoy.

Gnorlin
03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Has anyone seen anyone weird on the server? I had 15 diamonds in a chest and now they're all gone. I'm kinda pissed right now.

Edit: They also took all my goddamn iron. What the fuck?

Drewbie
03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
I haven't been on much, but now I'm gonna log on and check my vault.

Gnorlin
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
I've instituted a whitelist so we don't get random fuckers on here. If you find you are unable to login please let me know your username and I can get you on the whitelist.

desolation
03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
put me on the whitelist please. justcot is my username

drajl
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Two people signed on last night at about 4:00 AM that I didn't recognize. One was only on for a few seconds so I didn't get his name, the other was named Soothie. He was on for a little bit, but logged off after I asked him who he was, I wouldn't be surprised if he took stuff.

nynnja
03-27-2011, 06:21 PM
I love the whitelist idea. I appear to be on it. Thanks Gnorloin. I thought I was missing some stuff too but figured I must have taken it somewhere and died, but maybe someone stole it.

Gnorlin
03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I can still make myself Admin and use /give if anybody lost something they cannot do without.

nynnja
03-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Somebody stole 182 diamonds, 14 stacks of iron ingots, 429 light stone, and three gravel.

Gnorlin
03-28-2011, 04:42 AM
yeah, ummmm, suuuuure.

Drewbie
03-28-2011, 05:13 AM
So Gnorlin, in exploring a new offshoot of the caves under my base, I heard slimes jumping nearby and dug towards them. It dumped me into a labyrinth of mined tunnels and glass walkways and eventually, your staircase. So apparently we are now connected. I've gotten through the tunnel between the two twice now, but both times were a bit hectic and not all that straight forward. I'll put in some better signs and stairs next time. If you wanna give it a go, if you go down to the open area with the glass over the lava, but not quite at the bottom of the stairs, then go straight across to wear there's a path between two lava pools and a haphazard tunnel into a small area with another lava pool, that's the way in. I have no way how to describe how to get back up and out on the other side.

Gnorlin
03-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Feel free to kill any slimes you happen upon. Those fuckers are making it a nightmare to mine down there.

Drewbie
03-28-2011, 06:04 AM
It got so bad that at one point I had to log out because they had fallen in the lava and multiplied to a point I was convinced the server would crash.

Gnorlin
03-28-2011, 06:26 AM
It says in minepedia that you can kill slimes but I can't seem to HIT any of the smallest ones no matter how many times I whack away at them with my sword.

Drewbie
03-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Sheil told me to throw snowballs at them, but it did nothing I could see. The best luck I've had is pushing them in lava or a hole 3 or more blocks deep.

Ponder
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I've instituted a whitelist so we don't get random fuckers on here. If you find you are unable to login please let me know your username and I can get you on the whitelist.

Shonder is getting kicked

Gnorlin
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Shonder is getting kicked
You should be on the whitelist now

sheil
03-29-2011, 08:04 AM
One thing that I found to work really well in dealing with slimes in hitting them until they split and then logout in back in and they for the most part are gone.

desolation
03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
just got booted off the server and now cannot log back on. not sure what the deal is.

Gnorlin
03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
the damn thing probably crashed, I'll take a look.

Edit: 'tis back up now!

desolation
03-30-2011, 06:30 AM
from pcgamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/29/minecraft-1-4-update-arriving-this-week-will-add-stats-achievements-and-wolves/)

Notch has tweeted to say that Minecraft’s 1.4 update will be landing very soon. “The plan is to release 1.4 this week.” he says, “stats and achievements require more work than expected.” Notch also updated his blog to say that the update will add wolves, and the ability to change your spawn point. Notch recently put out a video of the new wolves. They’re adorable.

As for plans beyond the 1.4 update, Notch says the team will be working on community creation tools. “Once that update is out, we’ll spend some time figuring out exactly what to do with the modding, which should result in a nice modding API.”

nynnja
03-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Hopefully this update also makes the game run better.

Gnorlin
03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I finally managed to regenerate the map! And I know how to get it to use the normal http port, I just need to do it.

http://minecraft.reebosak.net:8080/Public/index.html

drajl
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Can you put watts391 on the whitelist?

Gnorlin
03-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Can you put watts391 on the whitelist?Done

desolation
03-31-2011, 06:39 AM
so i finally found two dungeons and built some drowning traps. If anyone needs a surplus of either feathers or arrows and bones I have traps setup for both and signs pointing them out. The easiest way to get to them is if you cross over the big bridge from the spawn castle you will see signs on the other side pointing you to them.

Gnorlin
03-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't upgrade to 1.4 yet. Maybe I'm being lazy but until McMyAdmin admits that the new version of minecraft is out I'm going to be sticking with 1.3. I could do it manually, but BLEH to that.

Drewbie
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Can you choose to upgrade or not now? Mine has always done it automatically.

Gnorlin
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, they added that option in with the new launcher.

Never mind though, the 1.4 update showed up

Gnorlin
03-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Bukkit is disabled for now due to the update, but since the Death message addon was all we were using, it shouldn't be a huge deal

brien
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
i can't connect to minecraft.reebosak.net anymore :(

"Disconnected by Server
Kicked by admin"

:sadangel: WHY U NO LUV ME?

Gnorlin
04-01-2011, 05:38 AM
i forget what your name is so i added reebosak and brien

nynnja
04-01-2011, 05:46 AM
I haven't had a chance to login yet. Drew, is it more stable? Same crashing issues?

desolation
04-01-2011, 06:22 AM
i have been playing quite a bit this week and it seems to be pretty stable for me but often laggy

Drewbie
04-01-2011, 06:24 AM
I was online for all of 5 minutes yesterday because I've just been too busy to even think about it. That's not likely to change for another week or so.

But during the 5 minutes I was on I had no issues I guess.

Gnorlin
04-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Man I swear Notch upped the spawn rate for creepers, I went out at night this morning and got hit by about 8 creepers. The area around my mine looks like a damn warzone.

nynnja
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
no connecting! Gnorloin did you forget sallycock on the whitelist?

Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

Gnorlin
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Looks like the whole server is down.

Gnorlin
04-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Now it's back up, of course you're in the list!

Gnorlin
04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
VICTORY!
http://minecraft.reebosak.net/gmaps/

nynnja
04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Gnorlin, you are WINNING, DUH!

sheil
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
seems as though the whole not being able to kill slimes problem has been fixed.

Gnorlin
04-02-2011, 06:37 PM
yeah it's really great!

Drewbie
04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I've got horrible lag issues again that make it pretty much unplayable. Seems this isn't uncommon since 1.3, but man is it driving me nuts.

Drewbie
04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Is the server down?

nynnja
04-03-2011, 07:43 AM
yes, this new server seems to go down a lot. :(

Gnorlin
04-03-2011, 08:24 AM
sorry, it's back up now!

Drewbie
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
So just digging around in the caves below my base before I leave for the week, I stumble onto a double dungeon with zombies in one and skeleton's in the other. I wish I had the time to set up an elaborate double trap to kill them both, but it'll have to wait til I get back. Instead I just spent my time laying out a path back to that spot so I could find it again.

Kyrin
04-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Too bad they don't fight each other. You could just open up a path between them both, seal it off, and listen to the rumble.

nynnja
04-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I made the road a little longer, but then fell in a hole. Barely dodged a creeper, killed a skele, and a zombie ate my brain. Now my pile of stuff is in a random hole somewhere far away. :sigh: I'm gonna have a hard time keeping iron around if I keep losing it by dying in stupid ways. I dropped a pile of stuff in lava the other day by digging straight down. I need to get better at this mining thing.

Gnorlin
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey nynnja, I increased the height on half our underground farm so we can plant trees in there now. Just put whatever saplings you don't use in the chest when you chop any down. that goes for anybody really if you want to come down and get some wood.

nynnja
04-04-2011, 05:37 AM
... if you want to come down and get some wood.
Sweet, I'll be hanging some nudie posters down there for the same reason.

13 year old me made me post this.

Gnorlin
04-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Sweet, I'll be hanging some nudie posters down there for the same reason.

13 year old me made me post this.
I fully support this. Also I opened up the other side of the room this morning.

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 07:24 AM
On a related note, I logged in the other day to see all the trees in my underground tree farm gone and nothing there to replace them. It made me sad. Though I did think it was odd that someone bothered with that, but didn't steal anything from my chests.

Also, has anyone tried the "sleep in a bed and it becomes your new spawn point" thing? I just want to confirm if that works or not.

nynnja
04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I slept in a bed, died, and spawned by Gnorlin's castle so I'm gonna go with no. Unless you have to do something else to initiate that?

Any chance your trees glitched out? Otherwise it would suck if we have assholes on our server.

desolation
04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I slept in my bed and it changed my spawn point. I think you have to wait like 60 seconds until everything goes black to actually be sleeping however.

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Sleeping only works if everyone on the server is in a bed at the same time. Course, if you're alone, that's not a problem. My bed is down in my cave and I lost my clock so I only tend to try it when it's daytime apparently.

desolation
04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
VICTORY!
http://minecraft.reebosak.net/gmaps/

are you going to update this bad boy regularly?

Gnorlin
04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
that's my next step, yes.

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 08:29 AM
server go down again?

nynnja
04-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Ok, so I was on the server alone when I slept, which only takes like 30 seconds for you to sleep and day to come up. Do other people have to be on and not sleeping so I can stay in bed longer for the spawn point to relocate?

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I just slept in my bed, but didn't die to test it. I suppose I could just to see.

Nevermind. I can't seem to stay on long enough to do anything.

nynnja
04-04-2011, 09:37 AM
This is weird. Your connection issues have started to suck while mine have improved.

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
It was brief. Right after I posted that, I got on with no problems.

Also, I slept in my bed, then dumped all my stuff in a chest and killed myself. I spawned back by Gnorlin's castle so that sucks.

desolation
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
weird maybe I just got lucky because when i die i spawn right in my castle. I am pretty sure that I was able to sleep through the entire night as in no one else was on. maybe that is the key?

nynnja
04-04-2011, 01:06 PM
I am pretty sure that I was able to sleep through the entire night as in no one else was on. maybe that is the key?
That's what I did and it did not reset the spawn point for me.

Gnorlin
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I've added /spawn and /setspawn to the commands everyone is allowed to use. It's not as cool as sleeping in a bed but it should work until Notch gets it figured out.

nynnja
04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
The wiki only states that the last bed you slept in will be your new spawn point. (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Bed) No further specific info.

However, while reading that I did notice there's a problem with placing a bed immediately next to a 1 block thick wall where I mob can attack you and wake you from sleep. I guess some of the beds at the inns need to be moved.

Drewbie
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
That's what I did and it did not reset the spawn point for me.

same

nynnja
04-04-2011, 08:42 PM
The road now makes a corner and there's a new inn. Nearby there's a cool hill that looks a lot like a castle tower which makes me think I should add to it.

Gnorlin, can you take a new screen shot, I'd like to see where I ended up.

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 06:24 AM
The map should have been regenerated this morning.

nynnja
04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Didn't happen.

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Didn't happen.OK fine it didn't. I forgot I had to turn something on to allow McMyAdmin to run scripts.

It should be updated now!

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 07:10 AM
My next step on the map is to add the ability for people to mark their stuff and have it show up on the google maps page. Supposedly you can have it print the contents of any sign or only signs with a specific prefix. I was thinking something like [M] for the prefix. I'm thinking you could probably put the sign in a closet or build it into a wall if you don't like ugly [M]'s cluttering up your castles, but I'm not 100% sure if that would still work.

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Signs are working without the prefix, somebody should throw up a couple of signs today that start with [M] so I can test that that works fine.

Dendrophilia
04-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I throw up a sign in my area when i get home from school/work tonight

Drewbie
04-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I just put up a sign.

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
It works, and no I don't!

So everybody should put up a "[M]My shit is here" sign so everybody knows where you are! Also any points of interest.

nynnja
04-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I just built an underground passage from the obvious inn along the road to the tall hill nearby with a spiral staircase to the top. Now just to figure out how to make the hill into a tower that looks "natural".

Dendrophilia
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
if anyone needs any TNT i'll be willing to barter

Drewbie
04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Krazylegz has one of the most impressive monster killers I've ever seen and as a result, I noticed that he's got probably 8-10 stacks of gunpowder. Pretty sure TNT is not very hard to come by.

Also, I would love to see how that thing actually works. I stared at it for a good while, but the basics elude me.

Gnorlin
04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Also, I would love to see how that thing actually works. I stared at it for a good while, but the basics elude me.I think the idea is that the mobs want to be at the top of a block of water but then their head is in the next block up so they have to swim to the top of that one and so on until they get to the top where they cannot go higher but they're too dumb to go back down and they drown. I'm curious what the errant lava cube is doing there since it doesn't appear to have a purpose. It's certainly not killing mobs.

desolation
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
i also would love to get some more information on it. it seems to work amazingly but i am not sure why

drajl
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
For the spawner and elevator section of it, I followed this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiMCUkxPO8

I just kind of built the killer as I went using concepts this guy used on his. The lava part is there for killing spiders since it's easier than drowning them.

Dendrophilia
04-06-2011, 12:29 AM
damn.... i hunted all my shit down RAMBO style.... yeah i guess i better make a few traps

desolation
04-06-2011, 08:36 AM
so did you build just a two pad system or did you build out more to get the results that you are now?

drajl
04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Right now it's got 4 pads. I thought about adding more, but at this point I don't need the extra materials.

nynnja
04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Gnorlin, I like what you've done with the big gay animal sanctuary. It reminds me of my glass cave on our first server.

Gnorlin
04-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Gnorlin, I like what you've done with the big gay animal sanctuary. It reminds me of my glass cave on our first server.Thanks, I managed to only drown once while making it!

nynnja
04-08-2011, 08:15 AM
To prevent drowning... I read that you can place a sign or ladder under water and it makes an air gap in the water. Likewise if you draw water with a bucket supposedly you can get a breath in the split second before that cube refills.

nynnja
04-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Drew, or whoever else is thinking about it, can I do anything to promote either rail or water transportation? I haven't done any research on the specifics but if I can build a trough or clear a tunnel I'd be happy to help.

nynnja
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Gnorlin, the map did not auto-update today.

Gnorlin
04-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't know what's with that, I actually manually ran it this morning and it still didn't update

Drewbie
04-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Not quite yet. I've got quite a bit of track already so I can't even say you should collect more iron to help with that effort. I mean, we will need more at some point, but the most helpful thing you can do for either eventual endeavor is just to stock pile the shit out of materials for the bridges and buildings we'll eventually need.

Gnorlin
04-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I have about 3 double chests filled with cobblestone that can go to the cause. I probably have enough iron to provide some tracks if you need them.

Dendrophilia
04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I have a few stacks of irons for the cause!

Gnorlin
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
map is regenerated!

Gnorlin
04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Ok the Automatic cactus machine on KrazyLegz' island has blown my mind. Even after watching it work I can't begin to understand how it's working. Got a video explanation of that one too?

drajl
04-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Yessir. Incidentally, I built that before I watched this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlMM-dbLFoE

nynnja
04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
What do you do with cactus?

drajl
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I made some green dye with it... It's kind of useless, but it was fun to build.

Drewbie
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
it also makes a good fence because it'll kill stuff if it touches it. Really good protection from spiders since they can't get through.

nyyx
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Note to self, don't ignore instructions and make something 'a lil bit larger' without fully planning and testing the changes in water flow. That said, 7x7 cactus generator installed

Gnorlin
04-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Ok, I visited Drajl's island again last night and saw what appeared to be a contraption that DROPS WOLVES OUT OF THE SKY :monocle:

So, ummm, what's with that?

drajl
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
It's pretty much the same as the aggressive mob spawners, except made of grass so it spawns passive mobs. It barely works cause there's so much grass around the island though.

sheil
04-14-2011, 10:53 AM
i think the server is down

Gnorlin
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Should be back up now.

Gnorlin
04-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Everybody is probably busy playing Portal 2, but the server is updated to 1.5

I'm really excited to see the new minecart tracks in action.

Drewbie
04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm behind on what was going in, but reading the wiki, building a mine train system between major areas just got a great deal easier.

After I beat Portal 2, I'll demo some of the concepts and once I get a feel for how things work, I'll probably start a rail line between the spawn point and my castle. Once that's proven out, I'll extend the line to Mkain's place and then on to whomever else has a destination they want added.

Dendrophilia
04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
k there are a LOT more mobs now... it was like a nightmare in my place just now

Dendrophilia
04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
fairly sure more mobs spawn... good news for people with traps, bad news for anybody that does not put a torch every three blocks

nynnja
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
bad news for anybody that does not put a torch every three blocks
Nice, I'm safe!

Drew, I'll be looking to use a minecart track. I'm thinking about moving my main base way off to the west. I found a cool cave. Also in my current location I keep accidentally tunneling into other peoples stuff.

Drewbie
04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Yea, my latest tunnel explorations have me falling into Gnorlin's mine in a 1/2 dozen spots. I've pulled back from random exploration now and am focused on just strip mining out the largest of the cave areas nearest my main base of operations.

Also, I see someone visited me and figured out how to open my vault door, but apparently couldn't figure out how to close it. I'll have to work on that.

Gnorlin
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Also, I see someone visited me and figured out how to open my vault door, but apparently couldn't figure out how to close it. I'll have to work on that. I think that was me. SORRY!

Drewbie
04-19-2011, 12:32 PM
It's all good. Kudos on getting it open. I had hoped it wouldn't be all that easy so I hope it wasn't.

I wonder if you can just throw down a pressure plate in front of it to bypass the rest of the circuit?

Gnorlin
04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Drew is bad at the internet. Confirm/Deny?

I got it open because you showed me which button to push when you gave me a tour of your place.

drajl
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I can confirm that mobs are spawning a lot more often, my trap was backed up for 10 minutes straight. If you're going to build a mine cart path from spawn, I can connect the one on my island to it, I just finished adding some of the new boosters to it.

brien
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
people who can no longer login to server ("kicked by admin" error)
the_mink
valhalam

desolation
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I can confirm that mobs are spawning a lot more often, my trap was backed up for 10 minutes straight. If you're going to build a mine cart path from spawn, I can connect the one on my island to it, I just finished adding some of the new boosters to it.

maybe I will see about routing one over to my place. I was in process of building an above ground walkway between your place, my place, and the spawn just for ease of visiting other peoples locations.

nynnja
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Anybody have a video or diagram of the layout for track? I'm wondering if that path we built off to the west can be converted into track and just run through the inns.

Gnorlin
04-20-2011, 04:27 AM
people who can no longer login to server ("kicked by admin" error)
the_mink
valhalamThey're back on the whitelist.

Drewbie
04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
So the new weather is pretty cool, but I'm not a giant fan of the fact that when a snow storm kicks up, the lakes refreeze. I came up through one of the access holes I'd broken and hit the ice, nearly dying in the process. That at my water route between the spawn point and my castle refroze. I guess that motivates me to finish the railroad.

On that front, I've been mining to build up supplies to start construction on the train path. My intention is to build an elevated platform across mostly the water between my tower and the spawn point. From there, people can add on to the path and I'll go back later and put down the track if that hasn't been done.

Oh, and the only two achievements I have left are the riding a pig off a cliff and riding the train for 1 km. The pig continues to be tricky, but I'll get it figured out. The train should come shortly for all of us.

Gnorlin
04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
So the new weather is pretty cool, but I'm not a giant fan of the fact that when a snow storm kicks up, the lakes refreeze. I came up through one of the access holes I'd broken and hit the ice, nearly dying in the process. That at my water route between the spawn point and my castle refroze. I guess that motivates me to finish the railroad.
It also snows all over the paths and makes it hard to follow them in places.

Drewbie
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Yea, that pisses me off too. It doesn't look as nice, but maybe we should elevate them so they stand out better.

desolation
04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
guess I am lucky that I get rain not snow... I am totally in for figuring out a system for the minecarts. I look forward to being able to catch a quick ride to check out other peoples places.

Gnorlin
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I thought I had a crapload more gold but it turns out all I have is 10 which is only enough to make 6 powered tracks. I think those assholes that stole all my shit made off with what I thought I had. I really don't have it in me to mine for more gold.

desolation
04-26-2011, 10:10 AM
was just playing and got DC'ed and now it says connection refused so it is likely down

nynnja
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I really don't have it in me to mine for more gold.
I know it is a daunting task but you really should take the initiative here. As the server admin I think it's your duty to "mine" as much gold as we need to complete the track system.

Dendrophilia
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
i have a bunch of gold.... i'll make a bunch of powered tracks and make a chest at the spawn point

Drewbie
04-26-2011, 10:44 AM
My vault has probably 2 full stacks of gold at this point so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

nynnja
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
notice the "mine" was in quotation marks, I told the guy with admin privileges to get more gold, ah never mind.

Gnorlin
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
That would sort of undermine the idea of this being a legit server.

Drewbie
04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Stupid Nynny and his hacking.

nynnja
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey, somebody stole his gold I just suggested getting it back.

I have two to donate to the cause. Ok, maybe more than two but I'll have to find them.

Dendrophilia
04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
i set up a little deposit box in the building closest to spawn...

Drewbie
04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I laid a track from my place over to near the spawn point and set it up with boosters set every third pier. It doesn't go super fast, but it does go at a nice clip. You do need to put sensors on either side of the booster if you don't want it to act like a brake. You could also just put a redstone torch next to it I guess. I went with sensors on either side.

I'll figure out how to make it do stops at various places here sooner or later, but for now I'd say just set up a side rail that feeds down into the main track near a booster and you'll be going well. Then just bail when you reach where you want to go.

Gnorlin
04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Is anybody interested in trying out this mod?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-mcmmo-v0-9-30-rpg-addiction-redefined-permissions-support-677.3505/

Gnorlin
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Cool (http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4988431144/the-maps)

nynnja
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-mcmmo-v0-9-30-rpg-addiction-redefined-permissions-support-677.3505/
Maybe this was addressed and I missed it... does this start you out where you are now? If so could you effectively ignore the RPG aspect and play like normal? Or will you start out gimped and need to gain skill to the level you'd be at normally?

Cool (http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4988431144/the-maps)
very cool. I've gotten lost more times than I care to admit. And it would be awesome to locate yourself below ground and realize you just tunneled under a lake before digging into water.

Gnorlin
04-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe this was addressed and I missed it... does this start you out where you are now? If so could you effectively ignore the RPG aspect and play like normal? Or will you start out gimped and need to gain skill to the level you'd be at normally?I'm really not sure, but it sounds like it just adds to what's already there.

Drewbie
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Is anybody interested in trying out this mod?

Not me.

desolation
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
drew I am hooked up to your track. I did go the torch route just to get it down instead of the pressure plate track. I also made a stop / start area when you launch by pressing a button and a stop area in the track to jump off at the bridge to drajl's place by flipping a lever (if you are fast enough!)

Drewbie
04-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Does it now go far enough to get the achievement for traveling 1 km? I was shocked it didn't go far enough for how long I took the original track.

I'll come see your station set-up to see if it's repeatable enough to build a hub near my place so I can split the line out to go to mkains and over to Nynny's.

Oh, one other fun thing - I was building the line and ran out of cobblestone near Nynny's original place so I dropped down the ladder to swipe a stack of his. As I went in, a skeleton was in there and shot me dead so most of my stuff fell to the bottom of the hole. I came back, went down and got my stuff, but then realized, "oh shit. He only put a ladder every other block and now you need one for every block."

So now there's a spiral staircase back up to the top from the very bottom of your hole.

desolation
04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Does it now go far enough to get the achievement for traveling 1 km? I was shocked it didn't go far enough for how long I took the original track.

"oh shit. He only put a ladder every other block and now you need one for every block."

not even half way to the achievement best I could tell by the total distance traveled on the stats page.

when did they do the damn ladder on every one thing? I guess i missed that note.

Drewbie
04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
The 1.5 patch. I've been screwed by that twice now. I carry a stack with me at all times just in case.

nynnja
04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
So now there's a spiral staircase back up to the top from the very bottom of your hole.
There should have been a walkable path to the top around the hole already, unless it got broken. I was surprised by the ladder thing as well.

Drewbie
04-28-2011, 07:13 AM
You know what, I completely forgot about that. As soon as I saw your post I remembered that you built that first, then added the ladder. Damnit. Oh well. This new one is very compact.

Drewbie
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM
The map must not have updated with the addition of the Deso spur to the track. Unless you didn't keep building track in the same elevated fashion I've been using, which is fine. I was actually thinking that once I get it close to Sheil's bridge that I'll just run it along that to get it that direction. Or someone else could do that so I can focus on running it the other direction.

Drewbie
04-28-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm just gonna put these here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=317682&sid=4a45749fe081d37a0c0044176ec92666
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=317763&sid=4a45749fe081d37a0c0044176ec92666
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=308794&sid=4a45749fe081d37a0c0044176ec92666
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=141972

Drewbie
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Stupid server is down. Stupid.

desolation
04-29-2011, 08:37 AM
i just added more rail to the existing line drew and I have been building out and gave it a ride. it is 1.02 km long which in theory should give the achievement. However it did not.

That aside we could use more iron or regular rail if anyone has some. Mkain decided his place needed to be a very long way away so we need a crap ton more rail to get there.

Gnorlin
04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
i just added more rail to the existing line drew and I have been building out and gave it a ride. it is 1.02 km long which in theory should give the achievement. However it did not.

That aside we could use more iron or regular rail if anyone has some. Mkain decided his place needed to be a very long way away so we need a crap ton more rail to get there.There are prerequisites for that achievement, I think you need to build a crafting bench, then a furnace, then smelt some iron, then build some tracks. I don't think it matters if you have 50 billion furnaces and benches and bars of iron, you have to do those things again in order to get credit.

Gnorlin
04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Stupid server is down. Stupid.I could perhaps guide you through how to start it if it's down.

desolation
04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
There are prerequisites for that achievement, I think you need to build a crafting bench, then a furnace, then smelt some iron, then build some tracks. I don't think it matters if you have 50 billion furnaces and benches and bars of iron, you have to do those things again in order to get credit.

yeah i know i only need 2 achievements now. the saddle a pig off a cliff and ride the rail over 1 km

desolation
04-29-2011, 08:51 AM
just did some reading and it turns out that the track needs to be in one direction. holy balls that is a major issue.

Drewbie
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Did you get it all the way to Mike's place? That's gotta be close to 1 km in one direction. And is it continuous? Cause with the jogs, it's still gotta be close.

nynnja
04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
I think my new cave is further than mkain's place and it's due west so a 1km line out there should be possible.

Drewbie
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
You guys are equally far from civilization by my eye looking at the map.

As such, you bastards should kick in that much more mats.

desolation
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Did you get it all the way to Mike's place? That's gotta be close to 1 km in one direction. And is it continuous? Cause with the jogs, it's still gotta be close.

nope turned the corner to his long straight stretch but not even close to all the way there.

Drewbie
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I've got another 2 stacks of track on me, but I had run out of cobblestone so I stopped to mine again on that little island at the turn when the server went down.

And yes, I'd love to learn how to turn it back on.

nynnja
04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I'll pull together all the mats I can next time I'm on.

drajl
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I designed a minecart storage and launch system on my island, it's ridiculously bulky, but it would work well if we ever want to build a train station kind of thing. I'm kind of worried it's the reason the server crashed the other day though...

Drewbie
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Does it have constantly moving minecarts? Cause apparently that's a crash causer on SMP.

drajl
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
It doesn't have any moving carts, but it has some held at angles so that might be considered moving? I'm not really sure.

Drewbie
04-30-2011, 10:00 AM
The track to Mkain's place is now complete.

nynnja
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I stacked all the iron and gold I have in the "Mats for Railroad" box.

I'm going to start laying out the blocks to my place.

Gnorlin
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
The world file has been transferred over to the old server, You'll have to use the IP (64.37.54.4) to connect until brien can point minecraft.reebosak.net to it. I'm having trouble getting the MCMyAdmin license over to the other server so for now we're limited to 8 people at a time, though I doubt that will be an issue.

nynnja
04-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I built/cleared a path all the way to my new house. I'm going to need a lot of iron for the track.