PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft servers/server poll

Drewbie
04-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Right now we have two servers going for Minecraft. One is the server we all chipped in to pay for, then lost due to the original company being douchebags. The company that took over for them has offered to honor the contract so it's paid up and sitting there. In the meantime, I went out and found another host and have been paying month-to-month just so we could all keep playing. Now, since nobody has been playing on Gnorlin's server from the old host, we're thinking it's silly to have 2 paid servers going. Hence the following poll:

Drewbie
04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Keep in mind that voting for option one will likely require further investment for those interested in going that route.

Drewbie
04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Looks like we've got a pretty clear winner. Naturally, I did this poll about a week too late as we're now paid up with the second service through the 8th of May. Perhaps, if it's not a big problem, we could put make the switch to Gnorlin's server, change the DNS so minecraft.reebosak.net points to that one, then for the remaining time left on mine we could throw up the original server file just to go look at for old time's sake.

Naturally, I'm really good at thinking up things to do that I have no involvement in actually executing.

Drewbie
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
So, what needs to happen to do this?

Gnorlin
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
So, what needs to happen to do this?I just need to grab the map files and set it up. I'll get it done this weekend.