PDA

View Full Version : Helping a friend with a minecraft movie

Drewbie
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
So our good friend Jun has been contacted to create a video in Minecraft. This is all well and good, but her actual experience in the actual game is somewhat limited. She has asked for assistance in creating a couple of set pieces and also some acting for the video.

Though we could do this on the Drewville server, it might be better if we just created a new alternate world just to shoot this where we could all have admin privs and there'd be no risk of abuse outside of filming.

I'm looking mostly at Gnorlin here. Thoughts on setting something like that up?

Also, any interest from those of you with account in helping shoot something?

Dendrophilia
08-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I'll help if you need me, but not sure what i can do but if you need me i'll be there

sheil
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I can lend a hand.

desolation
08-05-2011, 06:25 AM
I would be happy to lend a hand

Gnorlin
08-05-2011, 07:37 AM
I'll look into running both worlds in parallel. Otherwise we can always change over to a new world for this and let the 0 people currently playing the game wait for the current world to come back.

Drewbie
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
The turning off the current world while we did this was my thought as well. I've noticed that things are a bit stagnant.

Gnorlin
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
New world is set up, post here if you want give/warp/ etc privs

Drewbie
08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Me!

As to shooting, I'll get with Jun and we'll set up a time. Her script basically calls for a fairly simplistic castle with the typical crenelations, towers, etc. And the subsequent ruins of said castle after a viscous creeper onslaught. Before you get to building though, give me today/the weekend to get with Jun to see if she has any particular requirements.

Oh yea, and whitelist "wasteofaces" if you haven't done so.

stonefalcon
08-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi there folks, long time no see. Jun here and I have been commissioned to create a Minecraft vid as Drewbie said. I'ts a simple Trojan Horse story, but filming everything will take a little while.

I was wondering were hacks allowed on the server, like flying, too many items, etc. Might make things go a bit faster.

The script also calls for specific mob acting but I can prolly greenscreen a lot of that in myself. We'll have to do some pretending. But if you can spawn mobs, that'd work for many scenes too. I can post the script up here so you can see what the deal is (but its a secret apparently so don't tell other minecraft players).

I am still asking if they want all the Steve's to look like the default or could there be variety.

There are rewards offered for this enterprise! Dinner on me for everyone involved.

Thanks!

What's the new server address?

Drewbie
08-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Should be the same as the old one as this just went up to temporarily replace our current server.

Gnorlin
08-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I was wondering were hacks allowed on the server, like flying, too many items, etc. Might make things go a bit faster. I can give everyone access to the /give command which will make it so you don't have to farm materials. I think there are several cheats that allow you to fly but I don't really know anything about them, or if they will work on a multiplayer server. I don't think too many items is supported in multiplayer since it relies on access to the player's inventory. Ideally we could install any number of server side Bukkit mods, but I can't seem to get it to work at the moment.

What's the new server address? Minecraft.reebosak.net

RESPONSE

Gnorlin
08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Anybody here who expressed interest in helping is now able to use all server commands.

Some useful ones:

/giveme [item_id] [amount up to 64]
Gives you that amount of items, item ids can be found here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/8/8c/DataValuesBeta.png

/goto [player]
Teleports you to the specified player

/summon [player]
Teleports specified player to you.

Equoria
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I am interested if you need more peeps

stonefalcon
08-05-2011, 07:06 PM
"THE SIEGE OF CASTLE STEVE"

CASTLE STEVE - DAY

A huge blocky castle stands before us in Minecraft world. A bunch of Steves are lined up at the base near the drawbridge, getting orders from a ‘lead’ Steve. (Nobody talks in actual words, just noises that sound like conversations). The lead Steve gives a final order and all the other Steves disperse.

There is a quick montage of the Steves prepping their defenses. One digs a pit. One creates launchers. One carefully pours lava into a moat. One gathers chickens. Etc.

CASTLE STEVE - NIGHT

The sun starts going down and the lead Steve gives a signal; the other Steves run in through the gate and raise the drawbridge. Night falls. The Steves wait apprehensively.

Suddenly, creatures start to appear over the hill across from the castle. They run toward it and attempt to attack. The Steves begin their counter attack.

Some of the monsters fall into pits, others into the lava. Others are chased away by slime balls and chickens from the launchers. The creatures attempt to throw cactus bombs, but the Steves quickly patch the holes.

The Steves mock the creatures from the battlements of the castle, throwing some leftover eggs at them and making rude noises. The creatures give up and run away.

CAVE

The creatures have a meeting together after their big failure (no dialogue, just grunts and other sound dialogue). Nobody can agree on what to do about the big castle, until one of the creepers proposes an idea, and all the other creatures agree.

VALLEY

The creatures all travel over a couple mountains until in a valley, they see posted warning signs. The signs say "Beware: Pigzilla!" The creatures huddle together but forge ahead. Soon, they see several pigs acting rather oddly, spying on them and then ducking out of sight.

The creatures suddenly hear a giant snort and Pigzilla - a giant pig - appears. The creatures gather up their courage and attack. The smaller pigs join in to protect their king. Cut to:

CAVE

Pigzilla is being roasted into a giant pork chop by the creatures. (Joke: the item creation window flips open and has lots more spaces because the pork chop is so huge.)

CASTLE STEVE - DAY

The Steves are relaxing on the battlements of the castle; some play cards and others snooze. Suddenly a couple of cows appear below, harnessed to a giant pork chop (on top of a mine cart).

The Steves are confused by this, at first. They cautiously exit the castle and examine the pork chop...then become excited and impressed. They pull the pork chop into the castle. We hear a muffled snickering coming from inside the pork chop.

The Steves prepare a giant feast in the castle courtyard. They set up a huge table and set out an elaborate spread, with the giant pork chop in the middle. The lead Steve makes a speech. The others cheer.

CASTLE STEVE - NIGHT

As the sun starts to sink, the Steves then begin their indulgent feast. They drink too much and start partying harder. Finally, they are about to cut into the giant pork chop. As the cut is made, all the creatures leap out!

The Steves run around, drunk and panicking, while the creatures attack in a funny and frantic scene. Some of them drop mob spawners and more creatures appear.

At one point near the end of the battle, the Steves, grouped together, turn to see Creepers placed everywhere on the walls and courtyard of the castle. We hear the ‘ssssSS’ noise from all the Creepers. The Steves cling together, knowing what is coming.

The Creepers all begin exploding. The Castle blows up (maybe to the 1812 Overture). When the smoke clears, we see the Steves huddled together on a very tiny outcropping surrounded by a huge crevasse filled with lava; all that is left of their castle.

stonefalcon
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Oh, and the client would like all the Steves to be the default skin cause he thinks its funnier, so on filming day pls upload the default skin.

Dendrophilia
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
with my busted knee i'll be on to make whatever you need just let me know!

stonefalcon
08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
When is a good time/day to build the castle? Or I could just go on and try it.

Also I found this:

Flying in game

Minecraft server 1.5 has a new option to allow flight (off by default) by users with hacked clients.

To allow flight

Go into the minecraft folder and open server.properties
Find the option allow-flight (or add it) and set it to true. ex: allow-flight=true
Close the file and restart your server.

Users with hacked clients should be able to fly around your server now.

Gnorlin
08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I finally got Bukkit working (Wrong version of Java arggg). I installed a flying mod which is terrible. You type /fly and then right click with a piece of flint and then use shift to ascend. It's very difficult to control so hacking your client is probably the best way to go. Flight should be allowed on the server.

I also installed a spawning mod which works pretty well. Just use /spawnmob pig, or whatever mob you want. The only problem is if you want to spawn animals, they have to be turned on on the server, the same with harmful mobs. Right now animals are on but harmful mobs are off. Let me know if you need that changed when filming time comes.

There's a database of mods that you guys can look through here (http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=1). If anything seems interesting I'll get it installed.

stonefalcon
08-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Too many items does seem to work on the server, but I can't get any flight mods working yet :\ I was trying Zombe's mods which claim they work on servers but hasn't so far.

Have to ask about all the snow at the spawn point, the client might want it non snowy. Might hafta move camp. But I did like your signs. :)

stonefalcon
08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
There's a database of mods that you guys can look through here (http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=1). If anything seems interesting I'll get it installed.

Oh! Oh! Mobdisguise! Then you guys can act the bad guys too! :D

Drewbie
08-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I lit a path to a more green area.

Dendrophilia
08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
k I was flying around looking for a good spot for the castle…. DAMN this is a beautiful world we are in

stonefalcon
08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
What are you using for flying? Gnorlin is right the one he put in is rather bouncy.

Dendrophilia
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
oh its bouncy and had to control, but all i did was type /fly in chat. I don't recommend using it for anything other than just moving around… its crazy jerky

stonefalcon
08-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I really need to figure out a better flight mod before we start. It is driving me crazy that it isn't working. Any suggestions?

I might try re-installing the game and just putting the one mod in, maybe there is a conflict or something.

EDIT: OK, this worked and now I can fly and also change the time of day, two very helpful filming thangs.

Only issue now is...I got lost!!
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/mcdesert.jpg First I got lost in a desert
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/mcvalley.jpg At the moment I am lingering in this pretty valley

nynnja
08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
those two spots are awesome!!

Drewbie
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
I think you can set a warp point where you are if you find a place you especially like, and we can also set up a warp point at the spawn point so you can get back there.

I just don't know how with the bukkit mod.

Gnorlin
08-09-2011, 08:13 AM
/addwarp [name]
/warp [name]

The warp mod I found doesn't have a list option so you'll have to remember the ones you make.

Gnorlin
08-09-2011, 08:13 AM
those two spots are awesome!!This world is chock full of really awesome spots.

Drewbie
08-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Though I'm tempted to suggest another world reset, I think it wise to wait til the full game comes out in November to do so. I anticipate a few more good reasons to reset between now and then.

Gnorlin
08-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Though I'm tempted to suggest another world reset, I think it wise to wait til the full game comes out in November to do so. I anticipate a few more good reasons to reset between now and then.I definitely agree. Just for the Adventure update, I'd rather not have to trek thousands of miles to find a NPC town or dungeon, so I'm sure they'll be even more stuff we're missing out on come November.

stonefalcon
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Though I'm tempted to suggest another world reset, I think it wise to wait til the full game comes out in November to do so. I anticipate a few more good reasons to reset between now and then.

Yes, interestingly enough, our little machinima here is part of the help to promote the real launch of the game. FEEL SPECIAL

stonefalcon
08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
OK I have a pretty good cave set worked out. It is at warp loc "mobcave"

http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/cave1.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/cave2.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/cave3.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/cave4.jpg

stonefalcon
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
The Castle in Progress is at "castle" Drewbie did all the awesome tower work.

Feel free to creatively add to it!

Don't build a moat yet,. though, we will do that on camera.

http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/inprogress1.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/inprogress2.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/inprogress3.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/view1.jpg
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/view2.jpg

Macheath
08-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Wow, nice spot for it.

stonefalcon
08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
OK, so the castle seems done although there is a minor note about wanting some color on it from the client, which we can easily do.

So, Q's. Is the mobdisguise mod loaded?

When's a good time/day for ppl to get together and film? I can pretty much any weekday/night.

Gnorlin
08-12-2011, 04:05 AM
So, Q's. Is the mobdisguise mod loaded?Yes

Drewbie
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty open as well. I've got access to my nephew's account as well for another body.

Assuming it's raining tomorrow, I should be wide open for helping finish up any set pieces and the like as well. I've got some thoughts on how to add some color to the castle. Tapestry type things, flag, etc.

So yea, for the moment, any evening next week works for me.

stonefalcon
08-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes

Thanks!

stonefalcon
08-15-2011, 09:59 AM
So yea, for the moment, any evening next week works for me.

Anyone else? Specific day preference?

Drewbie
08-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Stay away from Friday.

/obvious

stonefalcon
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
OK, I am going to tentatively say filming times = next Tues thru Thurs evenings? (8/23-8/25) Starting at, what, 8 pm your time? Are you guys 2 hrs ahead of me or 1?

EDIT: I forgot I had a music gig Tues night. Howabout Wed-Thurs. We could probably get most of it done in 2 nights, and if I need pickups I could get em next week.

Drewbie
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Varies, but the bulk of those of us having played/playing are CST so +2 hours to you.

stonefalcon
08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
I have possible other volunteers, but Drewbie said there might be a server load limit. Gnorlin, what might that be?

Gnorlin
08-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Probably in the 15-20 range, I'll need their usernames so I can whitelist them. I wouldn't want some random asshole logging in and blowing up your sets.

stonefalcon
08-19-2011, 02:09 PM
That's fine, really I was only hoping for about 10 people total. I'll start listing them as soon as I get their names. Also...are ppl still using Ventrilo to talk?

Macheath
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
I'll try to be on by 7:00 PST next Wednesday. Gnorlin, can I have access and stuff if I don't already?

Gnorlin
08-20-2011, 06:36 AM
I'll try to be on by 7:00 PST next Wednesday. Gnorlin, can I have access and stuff if I don't already?You should have access to everything in game and I think I emailed you the SSH password and the admin console password at some point.

Macheath
08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Okay cool, I wasn't sure if this was a brand new server or something.

sheil
08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I will be around Wednesday night.

stonefalcon
08-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Is the server down?

stonefalcon
08-23-2011, 09:52 AM
REMINDER: Change your skin to the "Steve" skin.

http://www.minecraft.net/profile/

The Steve skin is on this page and downloadable. Just re-upload it to your character.

(If you can't see this page you probably have to login to your Minecraft account)

Gnorlin
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Is the server down?
It was, it's back up now.

Drewbie
08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I added flags.

Macheath
08-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Haha, nice.

Is it going to start raining 100% of the time on the Minecraft server now, is that what's going on? Like the fucking private WoW server where it never stopped shooting loads of hot greasy weather all over my face whenever I tried to cap anything? Great.

stonefalcon
08-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Is there a way to make it stop raining?? It would save tons of time.

Also, here are the names of two more ppl I managed to wrangle, for the server tonight:

brentcopeland = Brent Copeland, one of the 'Dead Workers Party' (machinima guys and bloggers)
5h1F7 = Christopher, teenage son of one of my ex-WoW guildmates (ex guildmate, cos I stopped playing)

Gnorlin
08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I added those two to the whitelist and added a plugin called NoMoreRain that should have disabled all weather.

here's the list of commands for NoMoreRain, in case you decide that you'd like weather back on. It doesn't seem like there's a command make it rain right now so if you want that kind of control I'll have to find a different plugin.

/NoMoreRain -Shows you the current settings
/NoMoreRain Weather <enable/ disable> -toggles the servers weather abilities
/NoMoreRain Thunder <enable/ disable> -Lets you choose if you want thunderstorms available on your server.
/NoMoreRain Lightning <enable/ disable> -the setting for Lightning on your server. This will Disable many Thor plugins
/NoMoreRain SaveConfig – saves your changes to the config file a simple /reload all and everything is good to go

Drewbie
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
What the hell is on the server that makes it spam the shit out of me about the location of minerals whenever I set foot in a cave?

Drewbie
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Oh yea, and we'll be on the oblivious vent server for the filming.

If you don't have/remember how to get there, message me.

Gnorlin
08-25-2011, 05:31 AM
What the hell is on the server that makes it spam the shit out of me about the location of minerals whenever I set foot in a cave?It's disabled now.

stonefalcon
08-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your help so far....

OK, so here is what I was talking about from last night, the "stutter" walk I see you guys doing. I have to assume it is a server related thing because nothing else stutters except the players (npcs and other animations are fine and my camera is damn smooth, running at 300 something fps).

I have no idea if there is anything we can do about it? Maybe I just live too far away for the internets to behave.

http://www.junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/stutter.wmv

Gnorlin
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I think there may not be anything I can do about it. Everything I read online is about fixing stuttering on the client side, but clearly that is not your problem.

stonefalcon
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
It's not the worst thing ever, just will take me a little bit longer in editorial to remove the stutter frames. Which does speed up walking and stuff, but I guess everyone can move briskly.

Macheath
08-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Latency is a bitch.

stonefalcon
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah, is there any way to save the world as is? In case we screw up the castle or need a re take. I was also going to take down the title letters if the world is backed up somewhere.

stonefalcon
08-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Filming briefly tonight from 7-9 pm (PST) if anyone else can join. :)

Drewbie
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah, is there any way to save the world as is? In case we screw up the castle or need a re take. I was also going to take down the title letters if the world is backed up somewhere.

Already done. We backed it up last night.

And by "we" I mean Gnorlin.

Gnorlin
08-26-2011, 07:06 AM
You just need to let me know if it needs to be restored.

stonefalcon
08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
You just need to let me know if it needs to be restored.

OK, I am going to go ahead and take the title down and Drewbie is gonna design a moat :D

Gnorlin
08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
should I back up right now then?

Drewbie
08-26-2011, 10:54 AM
no no. We're good.

Dendrophilia
08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
so it looks like somebody either blew up my cannon, went about deconstructing it

edit: either way doesn't bother me, i just wish i could have blown up the castle hehehe

stonefalcon
08-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh, sorry, that was me - it was in the shot. Also I wanted to make a waterfall there.

Dendrophilia
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
yeah i forgot to cover it back up after i fixed the wires… and like i said before, as awesome as it would have been, its shamelessly impractical

stonefalcon
08-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Lol the castle is supposed to be blown up by creepers, anyway. We'll have to plant dynamite in the castle later to fake creeper explosions.

stonefalcon
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Opening Clip (http://www.junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/opening.wmv)

Here's a tiny 46 second bit I got done....I still need some vocalizations for the characters but everything else is done.

Hope some of you guys can film tomorrow night? 8pm your time, 6 pm my time?

Macheath
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Looks great so far. Glad I was personally able to make it such a huge success. :cool:

just kidding

Drewbie
08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
My acting will surely win me the Machinima academy award one day.

stonefalcon
08-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Lets make it 6:30/8:30, I might be back late from a meeting I have to go to.

Could you guys finish the moat? Thanks

stonefalcon
08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
If any one is at the castle, please make a warp point there. The warp points seem to have been wiped! I can't find the castle...

Macheath
08-30-2011, 06:33 PM
shit :stare:

Gnorlin
08-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Were you guys able to find the castle? I checked the warp plugin and it seems like all the warps are still in there.

Drewbie
08-31-2011, 06:10 AM
We did, but none of them seemed to work. New ones were set-up again for some spots though so maybe that's what you were seeing.

Also, can you save off the server file again as it's now prepped for explosioning.

Gnorlin
08-31-2011, 06:51 AM
The backup is made. Explode away!

stonefalcon
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Will be trying to film the battle scene tonight, could use lots of bodies! Come blow each other up.
This is the battle scene where the Steves fend off the intruders.

stonefalcon
08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
My Internet is down...stay tuned. Bleah!!

Drewbie
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
shoot me a text if you get up and running etc.

stonefalcon
08-31-2011, 09:18 PM
I got the internets fixed...too late to film tonight though. Ah well. Any takers tomorrow?

Drewbie
09-01-2011, 06:24 AM
I'll be potentially late, but I'll be there.

stonefalcon
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Woo hoo

stonefalcon
09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
My warps are all gone again :(

Drewbie
09-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Didn't you log off at the castle and that's the only spot we need though? Or did you have camera positions set up?

stonefalcon
09-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I had an underground greenscreen studio, but I remembered where the entrance was and I put torches out so I could find it from the castle.

Is anyone available to film tomorrow night (Wed) ? Need a few more bodies to finish up the fight scene and to start on the ending stuff.

Also, I made a couple of Steve skins with different expressions for the ending. I will link.

junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/stevescared.png
junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/stevefocused.png
junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/stevedrunk1.png
junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/stevedrunk2.png

Drewbie
09-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I can probably be available for a bit tomorrow, but I leave for a weekend trip to the Boundary Waters on Thursday morning so I'll be both saying good bye to my wife and getting ready. However, she does go to bed between 8:30 and 9 so I should be able to get on after that.

stonefalcon
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I'll git on at 7/9. I'm trying to round up some more people. It ain't easy! I thank you for your dedication. Oh, and let me know if you want to do a voice. I have Mac doing a few.

Drewbie
09-07-2011, 05:39 AM
I'll knock some out for you. Let me know pronto so I can do them before I leave tomorrow.

Gnorlin
09-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the shitty warp plugin. I've installed a new one. Commands can be found here (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-niftywarp-v1-2-warp-home-plugin-based-on-privacy-visibility-of-warps-1000.23339/). I've managed to extract the warp points that the old plugin SHOULD HAVE been letting you use:

greenscreen: 1818, 25, 2440
hill: 2129, 92, 2503
tower: 2130, 86, 2433
castle: 2130, 74, 2441
courtyard: 2129, 74, 2419

You should be able to access these points using this command:

/warptocoord x y z machinema
You may have to experiment. I'm not sure if these coordinates are in the same xyz order and I don't have time to test them.

stonefalcon
09-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks Gnorlin!

I am trying to make a big push for getting all the group filming done, next week. The DWP can help film next Tues night and possibly Thurs (9/13 and 9/15) I might be able to wrangle a couple more. It'll have to be 7/9 start because I have a new job next week where I commute some hellish distance.

stonefalcon
09-12-2011, 09:21 PM
www.snackysjournal.com/snackyguest/Opening&Battle.wmv

The movie so far.

Macheath
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
obviously it is the best

Drewbie
09-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I can't get over how awesome the portcullis going down and the drawbridge going up looks! Excellent work!

Gnorlin
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm going to hold off updating the server to 1.8 until you guys are all done. I don't want it to mess something up.

Drewbie
09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
We'll hopefully be done tonight.

So who all can help? I'll be there and Jun has my nephew's account. If we can get 7-8, we should be able to knock this out tonight and get back to our regularly scheduled shenaniganery.

sheil
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
I can probably be there. What time?

Drewbie
09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I believe she said 9 CST.

stonefalcon
09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm going to hold off updating the server to 1.8 until you guys are all done. I don't want it to mess something up.

Thanks for everyone's help tonight! I am going to try to finish all the "non blowing up the castle" shots this weekend, so after that we can pick a night a couple of you guys are around next week and film the castle being explodey. Can I have a copy of the saved world before the castle blows up? Will it play on non-server minecraft?

Gnorlin
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Will it play on non-server minecraft?I'm really not sure if a multiplayer world will load single player, but I can definitely give you a link to the backup and you're welcome to try.

Here's the latest backup : http://minecraft.reebosak.net/machinema-backup-09-14-2011.mcb

stonefalcon
09-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Hai Drewbie, is there a good night next week to film blowing up the castle?

Drewbie
09-22-2011, 05:26 AM
I honestly don't know right now and likely won't til perhaps tomorrow. I could do it tonight or tomorrow night though. I don't imagine it would take too terribly long, but I'm probably kidding myself.

stonefalcon
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
www.junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/CastleSteveParts1and3.wmv
The latest scenes. I got a couple notes on them and I think I will have to redo the battle music, but mostly so far so good.
They just told me they were going to put some of this in a 30 sec TV spot lol.
Thanks to everyone who helped so far, and for letting me use the server! I do go on it at least once a day to cap some stuff.
I am hoping to have this all done in maybe 2 weeks? God who knows.
Drewbie maybe we postpone blowing it up until next week. I better edit the party scene first this coming weekend, it may need more shots. Let me know if you have a good time next week?

Macheath
09-27-2011, 02:12 AM
HOW DID THE PORKCHOP GET IN THE GATE

HOW

HOOOOWWWWWW

Just kidding, looks good!

Drewbie
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm back early from my trip to Chicago (down and back driving in 2 days) so I'm good to film tomorrow or Thursday this week. With the plan for a new server come the game launch in November, my guess is nobody's too wound up about getting back to the old server quickly.

stonefalcon
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
HOW DID THE PORKCHOP GET IN THE GATE

HOW

HOOOOWWWWWW

Just kidding, looks good!

BIG CHEEEEEEEEATS

stonefalcon
10-04-2011, 11:03 PM
I've been working on the giant pig scene and the warp point is missing "Pigzilla". I can try to fake some of the backgrounds by adapting some other landscape but it sure would be a lot faster just to find it....any possible way to retrieve the warp point?

Gnorlin
10-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Do you know if you set up the warp in with the old crappy mod or the new slightly less crappy mod?

stonefalcon
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
I set the warp up in the old mod but I just re-shot some of the scene in a semi-look alike area. I ran out of time to do all the small pigs anyway so I just stuck with the one big one.

www.junworks.com/movies/Minecraft/castlestevepts1-3.wmv

Dendrophilia
10-14-2011, 12:31 AM
love it! Though a tad sad the scene where we push the spider off the cliff didnt make it.

you are doing a fantastic job so far.

…fucking spider

stonefalcon
10-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I am sorry to have cut it!
But the clients said all the spider on fire shots inside the cave were distracting from the main point and I kinda agreed, so the cliff shot had to go, too.
Oh well!

Dendrophilia
10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
no doubt, and you were wise to cut it… i just hate that fucking spider soooooo much

stonefalcon
10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/lavad.jpg
So, I don't mean to hog your server forever...just that I only have a couple hours a day to work on this monster. We are getting really close, though.
I really only need to use the 'greenscreen' studio on the server right now to finish up.
But, let me know when you want me done, I can try to get all my caps completed this weekend. I am kind of working as I go, (capping as I edit) so let me know when you want to wipe the server.

Gnorlin
10-25-2011, 03:54 AM
http://www.junworks.com/screenshots/minecraft/lavad.jpg
So, I don't mean to hog your server forever...just that I only have a couple hours a day to work on this monster. We are getting really close, though.
I really only need to use the 'greenscreen' studio on the server right now to finish up.
But, let me know when you want me done, I can try to get all my caps completed this weekend. I am kind of working as I go, (capping as I edit) so let me know when you want to wipe the server.Our contract with the hosting company runs out in November. I'm not sure if we get all of November or if it's over on November 1st. So I would hurry. Otherwise take your time, we would probably reset the world when the official release of Mincraft is out anyway.

Drewbie
10-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Ah, so when you were saying you wanted an island surrounded by lava after the creeper attack, you meant cartoonishly small island.

Gotcha.

;)

Kyrin
10-25-2011, 09:25 AM
That is one beast of a lava pit.

Holy crap man, nice.

Macheath
10-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Looks like something Wile E. Coyote would stand on. :lol:

nynnja
11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
do we have an active server? and if so what's the server address?

stonefalcon
11-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi guys, the film is pretty much done. How would you like yourselves listed in the credits? I need to know by a couple days.

Also, please PM me with your real name and address if you want a little reward. Thanks!

Macheath
11-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Benjamin "Hurricane" Covi, BSc., SSc.

Dendrophilia
11-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Benjamin "Hurricane" Covi, BSc., SSc.

why don't you throw "esquire" in the mix too… all the cool kids are doing it

Macheath
11-10-2011, 11:46 PM
That would be tacky.

Gnorlin
11-11-2011, 04:37 AM
do we have an active server? and if so what's the server address?Not at the moment. I got the notice that our bill is due for the next year on the 4th. I was going to ignore it until anyone actually said "hey where's the server?"

nynnja
11-11-2011, 07:06 AM
"hey where's the server?"

supposedly the full game is coming out next week, in case you missed that.

stonefalcon
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
And here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjkQvQv8CU

Drewbie
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
That was fantastic! I was wondering when we'd finally get to see the finished product.

I especially liked the singing drunk Steve's. You coaxed a lot out of those little guys.

nynnja
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
thumbs up!

Where will it be used in "the real world"?

Gnorlin
12-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Very nice!

thumbs up!

Where will it be used in "the real world"?I had the same question, and was the "secret client" happy with it and can you tell us who they were.

stonefalcon
12-05-2011, 03:54 PM
This was for J!NX.com, the gaming merchandise company. We made the Save the Murlocs vid for them last year.

They were very happy! PS Gnorlin send me your mailing address.

Dendrophilia
12-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Beautifully done. The "oh shit" in steve language at the end just cracked me up.

Gnorlin
12-06-2011, 06:44 AM
This was for J!NX.com, the gaming merchandise company. We made the Save the Murlocs vid for them last year.

They were very happy! PS Gnorlin send me your mailing address.Done.

stonefalcon
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Old thread, I know, but just FYI this little film we made last year has racked up over 3 million views now. Yay

Macheath
08-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Sweeeet. Just think, if every one of those people bought a $10 DVD of the movie, you'd have a hundred dollars! If my math is right, which I believe it is.

Drewbie
09-15-2015, 04:51 AM
This video has 42 million hits now. Crazy!

Macheath
09-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Jinx is a big company and Minecraft is a big game. I'm curious how much they paid Jun. Hopefully they made it worth her while.

Drewbie
09-15-2015, 07:32 AM
She sent me a t-shirt and one for my nephew so I'd say she clearly made out like a bandit!

Kyrin
09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Does it say "I took part in a very popular Minecraft movie, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"?

Drewbie
09-15-2015, 02:16 PM
No. It was a standard product from Jinx that involved Minecraft.

Kyrin
09-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Damn. Figured you would get something custom. That kinda bites.

Drewbie
09-15-2015, 03:57 PM
I didn't help for the swag.