Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2

This is the thread where we shame Drewbie for never playing Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, or Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

I was looking for something to play the other night and was debating between HL2 and Mass Effect. In the end I did nothing and watched Archer.

Related video from the same guy. Never seen anything like this out of Gmod before. It's like stop motion. I'm going to have to watch all of his stuff.

I finally started playing this the other night. Mac had given me some back story from Half Life 1, but I still feel a bit lost at times as to why everyone knows who I am and why I'm apparently a very smart scientist who is tasked with running around killing things with a crowbar.

But my overall impression as I'm approximately 2/3's of the way through it is that this is, by far, the more complete random vehicle driving simulator I've ever played and unquestionably the greatest distance I've ever traveled by manual control in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I finally started playing this the other night. ...I'm approximately 2/3's of the way through it
    You must be putting in a lot of hours because it's a looooong game

That was my memory of it too, but I went back and looked and I've only played the base game for a total of 9 hours. I think all the long fanboat/go-kart segments were inflating the game's length in my mind.

Wow, it definitely felt a lot longer. Maybe my younger self just wasn't used to playing a game for very long

There. I beat Half Life 2. We can all shut up about it now.

EPISODE ONE

EPISODE TWO

This is a HL2 mod. I don't know anything about it but what you see in this trailer here. But I'm going to buy it, most likely, because of this trailer right here.