Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cards Against Humanity

You are correct in that it is exactly Dirty Apples to Apples, but it's a game that people who would never play Pandemic, Power Grid, Axis and Allies, etc. would play and enjoy.

I want to play Pandemic. I wish I had friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    You are correct in that it is exactly Dirty Apples to Apples, but it's a game that people who would never play Pandemic, Power Grid, Axis and Allies, etc. would play and enjoy.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Pandemic only works if the other players let you make your own moves. My wife and I played once ( and only once ) with the neighbors, and were basically told what to do and when, because "it's co-operative". So why did you need my wife and I to play? Bad example and I'm sure it's a good game, but co-op games only are enjoyable if everyone is on the same level and don't need to be told what to do. I don't mind occassionaly discussing strats in Arkham Horror, but "It's your turn, move your guy here so I can do this" every turn is a waste of my time.

With that said, why can't Pandemic be played solo? Just set up the players and rotate.
    Odds are, anything I say here is NSFW.

You could play solitaire Pandemic, sure.

As for bossy players, that's a problem, but in an ideal group everyone collaborates on everyone else's actions. If we all refuse to accept input and act independently without planning together, we're not going to succeed. Your issue was that you were new, and your neighbors figured bossing you around was the best way to teach. Which is suspect reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I have friends that have it, we just get sucked into other games instead of sitting down to learn a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    You could play solitaire Pandemic, sure.

As for bossy players, that's a problem, but in an ideal group everyone collaborates on everyone else's actions. If we all refuse to accept input and act independently without planning together, we're not going to succeed. Your issue was that you were new, and your neighbors figured bossing you around was the best way to teach. Which is suspect reasoning.
    Well said, but it also confirms that it isn't the type of game for me. Like Drewbie said, I got a bunch of my in-laws playing CAH, and I could never seeing them play TTR or Dominion (which I'd rather be playing). Ca$h and Gun$ is another cool party game for "non-gamers".

I have friends who play Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Settlers, Power Grid etc, and we still play CAH and have an awesome time since we all have a twisted sense of humor.

Plus it always seems someone will find some new card combo that is hilarious.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I have friends that have it, we just get sucked into other games instead of sitting down to learn a new one.
    Learn it (it doesn't take long) you won't be disappointed!

I'm surprised there isn't a CAH app yet where you can play others.

I would pay for something like that, with money, and eventually my sense of decency...
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!