Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Random MTBC Stuff

I find this immensely satisfying... for some reason.

She looks so happy. God I love Olivia Colman. "I guess we could give it to Glenn Close and Meryl Streep again?"

Hmm, okay. Missed this. Haven't heard anything about it, which probably means it's mediocre?

Weirdly unsettling to see anime characters standing around in the real world, but the lighting effects are awesome to look at.

Holy shit, there's a right way and a wrong way, and we're seeing both this year.

right.jpg

wrong.jpg

I'd have to see it in motion to be sure it's terrible. Haven't you ever paused a movie and like Tom Hiddleston is making the dumbest face you've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    I'd have to see it in motion to be sure it's terrible. Haven't you ever paused a movie and like Tom Hiddleston is making the dumbest face you've ever seen?
    I watched the trailer. Confirmed Terrible.

Well jeez man you gotta link it so EVERYONE CAN PUKE

EDIT: Saw this on reddit, liked the concept but not the execution, so here's a flippy version I made in 5 minutes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-30-2019 at 10:51 PM.

They're redo-ing the animation on Sonic. But they're ignoring the issue that the movie will probably still be terrible even if they win the Oscar for best CG Animal In a Terrible Movie.

I wonder how many tens of millions it will cost to update the model and re-render every scene? Everything else is probably done, or on target for the release date at this point... it's not like they need to fly Scott Summers to Zimbabwe to re-shoot anything, or call in a script doctor to fix the whole plot (of course, as you point out, the plot may be garbage anyway). They're just doing a drop-in replacement for Sonic's model, they may not even have finished rendering all the movie's effects for the first time yet.

So, if that only adds $5M or $10M to the movie's bottom line... was this whole shebang totally worth it for marketing alone?