Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of the Storm

We did the haunted mine map and went 70-30 in the first round and 100-0 second and beat them leveling something like 16-11. Problem is when short games like that you get way less xp so after 3 steamroller matches, I'm still only level 2 with Kerrigan.

I suspect that the mix of characters on your team is super important. Sometimes, you have a really bad mix, but the bots are always pretty good. If you get a bad mix like that and someone is learning their character at the same time, you stand very likely to be destroyed.

I'm not much of a front-liner. I main as Li Li to heal and support my team. I notice that every time I play as her my team just steam rolls the other while I throw booze at them while it happens. When it comes to healing that little panda gets it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I'm getting closer to having Illidan figured out.
    I was going to feel bad about how shitty I am with Illidan sometimes, if I looked and saw he was "Easy." But nope, he's "Very Hard," one of four heroes with that designation (the others being Abathur, Tassadar, and the Lost Vikings).

I've discovered a deep and abiding affection for Gazlowe. Nobody quite understands what he does (or everyone does) and I'm left in a lane by myself most of the time. Now that I know what the fuck I'm doing, I can generally hold my own. And then, when I decide the game has gone on long enough, I end it. Sometimes this happens around 8-9 minutes in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yussssss

With an upcoming patch, we'll be adding a “Right-Click Through Minimap” option to the Gameplay Options menu. Enabling this will make it so that your right-clicks will go through the minimap and click the world behind it.

I was off work yesterday and played quite a few games. I got all the way up to Level 15 and then I hit the daily XP cap (something like 350,000 XP) and I had to quit. My goal was level 15 for that extra hero slot so I wasn't too bothered. My favorite is still Diablo, in one match I spent half the game running up and down the lanes grabbing guys and throw/charging them to their doom and by the time I got to the next lane both cooldowns would be up and I could do it again.

I got Gaslowe up to lvl 5 but I still don't think I know what to do with him. I get that he's supposed to be a siege damage powerhouse but he's weak enough that I really don't know how to get in there and do that damage. I'm a lot more competent than when I started but I don't think I'm using him to his full potential.

My strategy for Gazlowe is to not absorb that damage at all. I take Mercenary Lord in my build, then use turrets + explosives to solo a bruiser camp, then walk through defenses with them, keeping them buffed and letting them tank for me. Once Gazlowe hits level 10 and gets his saw-arms ultimate, it's all over. You can start soloing boss camps.

Until you get Merc Lord, you're not much use. You just have to throw down turrets and explosives and try to hold your lane. Don't bother pushing until you're ready for it.

Gazlowe is less useful on maps that don't have bruiser/boss camps to abuse, at least with this strategy. For instance, the graveyard golem level.

This is a really good match. Watch the whole thing.

I bought Abathur because he's so fancy, but so far I'm 0-3 with him. In the last game, somebody actually started a conversation by whining about him, saying "I hate him because he's 0.5 teammates, nothing against you personally." I couldn't disagree, and admitted I was still learning and not a big fan so far. Then at the end, I was presented with a score screen in which I led in every category. Honestly not sure what to make of this guy, but he's very team-dependent from what I can tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images