Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Humble all the time

Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on it... they reveal a new game or two every day... I'm positive it will eventually tip me over into "okay fuck fine let's just buy it" territory.

https://www.humblebundle.com/yogscast-jingle-jam-2017

EDIT: I had a lot of fun with Dungeon of the Endless a few months back

EDIT: Defend Your Life looks generic and bad
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Guild Wars 2, Beta Access to Vermintide 2.

Yeah, I mean, here's everything so far... weird bundle, but with the sheer number of things, they're not all gonna be games:

• Rust (Early Access) - not interested
    • Dungeon of the Endless - love it, but already have it
    • Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut - I have the old ass pre-"director's cut" version, never played it... trailer is awesome
    • Garry's Mod - have it
    • Defend Your Life: TD - looks bad
    • Golgotha Run, a Dark Future Novel - not interested
    • Gunpoint - have it
    • Warhammer: Vermintide Dwarf Helmet - uh, okay
    • Teslagrad - has been on my wish list since before I got tired of physics-themed metroidvania platformers
    • ReThink - at a glance, looks like Talos Principle, which I couldn't get into
    • Guardians of Ember - Iron Spine Costume - what even is this, I assume this game will be part of the bundle at some point
    • Dreaming Sarah - mediocre pixel art indie platformers are a nickel a dozen these days
    • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - have it
    • Blade & Soul Giveaway Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p MMO
    • Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition - pack-o-shit for f2p MMO
    • 25% Off Voucher for Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire - so, not technically included in the yogcast bundle, then
    • Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Beta Access - oh boy, beta access
    • Blockstorm - looks like half shooter, half Minecraft ripoff
    • Ancient Planet - another TD game, graphics like Starcraft, looks better to me than Defend Your Life above
    • Gangs of Space Jingle Jam Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p MMO shmup... but this game looks decent to me
    • Star Trek Online TOS Enterprise Bridge Officers Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p MMO
    • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Celeste Starter Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p idle clicker
    • Crusaders of the Lost Idols - Elite Starter Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p idle clicker
    • Neverwinter Feywild Starter Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p MMO
    • Awesomenauts Yogscast Pack - pack-o-shit for f2p MOBA (apparently Awesomenauts went f2p)
    • Scanner Sombre - an artsy walking simulator, the first non-DLC in a week... and I already own it
    • NASCAR Heat 2 - October Jumbo Expansion - DLC for a $40 game I have zero interest in
    • Train Valley - sim city but trains... actually looks pretty solid
    • Headlander - pretty slick looking side-scroller from Double Fine, $20 on steam
    • LostWinds - adventure platformer with physics elements, at least it's not pixel art
    • Distrust - isometric, co-op, mystery/suspense game based on The Thing, looks inventive
    • Scrap Garden - puzzle platformer, not really my thing but would rather play this than Yooka-Laylee
    • Chainsaw Warrior - strategy board game with no multiplayer, whee
    • Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation - DLC
    • Team Racing League - top-down racing game (like R.C. Pro-Am, or Rock n' Roll Racing) but team-based and co-op, I am intrigued
    • Gurgamoth - some sort of local multiplayer action game
    • Painters Guild - casual indie management sim, curious
    • War for the Overworld - Yogscast Worker Skin - heavy puking sounds
    • Chime Sharp - puzzle game
    • Robocraft - pack-o-shit for f2p... robot crafting game?
    • Toy Odyssey: The Lost and Found - indie platformer
    • Back to Bed - saw this one a while ago, looks like a puzzle game where you guide a sleepwalker through an Escher dimension, neat
    • Tiltagon - puzzle game, looks like super monkey ball
    • On Rusty Trails - indie platformer, good visuals
    • Offensive Combat: Redux! - basic multiplayer shooter I guess
    • Caveblazers - Arena Mode - DLC for a game that is not free
    • Mimic Arena - bullet hell platformer thing, looks okay, but local co-op only
    • Battlerite DLC: YogYog Bear Mount - shit for f2p game
    • Spectrum - gravity based indie platformer, nifty abstract graphics
    Last edited by Macheath; Yesterday at 10:55 PM.

I liked Talos Principle. I got to play the VR version at my brother's house at thanksgiving, it was pretty damn compelling. I can't wait until they figure out some way of allowing you to move in the world by walking

So far it continues to underwhelm. I feel like they maybe front loaded the "good" stuff to get people to buy the bundle. Now they're forking out DLC items for games I've never heard of.

Holy shit, you're not kidding. This bundle is howlingly bad. I updated my list above. The only thing I'm even remotely tempted by is Ancient Planet, and that's pretty remote. Even if I wanted it, it's fucking $1 on Steam right now.

Worst bundle I've ever seen... but... they're only 8 days into the month. I'm tempted to ignore it until Christmas, but I'm also morbidly curious to see how bad a bundle can get.

EDIT: The only reason to buy this thing is to contribute to charity. In which case, stuff your money into a Salvation Army kettle, at least give yourself a warm fuzzy.
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-08-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Hey, now we're cooking with gas, the weekend has featured 5 actual games (ranging from $10-20 each on Steam) and they're not all complete trash!

There are apparently 150k bundles available and 110k bundles have already been sold. So keep that in mind if you're deciding if you want it or not.

Oh man, didn't realize they were limited quantity, that's a bit of a surprise.