Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Apple

eheh

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    eheh
    I lost it when the dog walked through. :rofl:

Is that Jude Law?

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that the new iPhone dropped the 3.5mm jack, while the new Macbook Pro dropped all external ports (except for Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C) but does have a 3.5mm jack, and no Lightning port?

Do these guys even talk to each other? Tim Cook says "I want fewer ports" and everyone does it, but goes in opposite directions. It's literally impossible to plug the same set of headphones into both an iPhone and a Macbook without buying at least one dongle.

I dumped my MacBook Pro after the announcement last week. What a shitty upgrade that turned out to be. I love the MacBook quality and design but this new iteration is lacking in all aspects: No ports, No SD slot, Mediocre graphics, Last gen CPU, No mag safe connector and a totally gimmicky touch strip that is pointless. Even the (non-upgradeable) SSD starts at 250Gb... And starts at $2k+??? Really Apple? Clearly their design engineers have been vacationing for most of the last 3 years or maybe they allocated them all to work on the new "Apple Car".

So I promptly ordered an Asus laptop with awesome specs and a blazing GTX1070 for less than $1800. Then immediately proceeded to install MacOS Sierra in Vmware on it. It works flawlessly. And now I have a MacOS machine with great specs too. Oh and it runs Windows too .

Screw you Tim Cook.

Yeah, at the moment it's looking like the Macbook peaked in 2015. Maybe I'll see if I can find a used one for a reasonable price.

I think old MacBook Pros will be in higher demand than the new ones. I'm going to wait and see how prices go and maybe sell it around Christmas. Mine is a mbp 15" 'Late 2013' Retina 16Gb/250gb SSD. If you're interested we can work something out.

Oh, thanks, but I dunno. I've got a 2015 MBP from work that I've traveled with, I'll need to do some soul searching to figure out whether I truly need a personal laptop as well.

Looks like listings comparable to your 2013 MBP range from around $700-1100 (swappa, ebay) depending on warranty and power cycle count. Meanwhile, brand new Windows laptops on the order of your ASUS are in the same range (the fancier GTX1070 you got cranks the price up to $1600-1800). Say what you will about the Apple brand (and I have said much), they do hold their value over time.

If this Apple Watch 4 sounds as good as the rumors are making it out to be I'm definitely getting one. I've been mulling it over for the last year including wearing a regular watch to see if I can get used to it again.

I'm excited.

Oh wow, when he gets to the money shot around 6:20, I was astonished. He just folds the thing in half like a sheet of cardboard with his bare hands. I'm not a tablet user, but I assumed they had a little more structural integrity than that.