Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Sails

Black Sails

I love that Starz is joining HBO in the world of way-too-high budget, way-too-much nudity, way-too-awesome TV shows. After thoroughly enjoying Spartacus, I shall be casting my lot with the story of Captain Flint, Long John Silver, and a bunch of other pirates. With soundtrack by Bear "Battlestar Galactica" McCreary.

Just finished the first episode, and while it didn't grab me by the balls or anything, I like all the actors (Flint in particular) and everything looked and sounded really good. I'm looking forward to more.

Episode three... things definitely starting to build up. I like this show.

"GOD DAMNNNN!!"

- Me, out loud, immediately after finishing the completely fucking epic episode 5, only to find there's a humongous cliffhanger at the end.

Yeah, I am really enjoying this series so far. That last episode was absolutely awesome and I cannot wait to see how they deal with the cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Just finished the first episode, and while it didn't grab me by the balls or anything, I like all the actors (Flint in particular) and everything looked and sounded really good. I'm looking forward to more.
    I watched the first episode last night, and have about the same sentiment. I didn't absolutely have to watch the next episode immediately, but I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Funny anecdote: Watched this with my wife, and during the scene where the captured "cook" goes to see Blackbeard she turns to me and says, "what kind of show is this!?" What could I reply with other than: "a pirate show, duh. You can tell because of the pirates."

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    Watched this with my wife, and during the scene where the captured "cook" goes to see Blackbeard she turns to me and says, "what kind of show is this!?"
    That's definitely the titsiest scene of the show so far.

This show's got me by the balls now. Motherfucker, I really want to know who that huge bearded guy who was stalking Vane is.

Edit: Looking over this show's IMDB entry, it strikes me that Starz is turning into the New England Patriots of TV, in terms of talent acquisition... they sign a bunch of total nobodies you've never heard of before, and strike gold over and over. Maybe they're just plumbing the depths of Broadway-style stage productions, I don't know, but most of these people have got no (or very few) film credits I recognize.

Captain Flint was a Bond villain once upon a time, but it was in, like, the worst Bond movie of the last 20 years (Die Another Day). And... uhhh, Billy Bones had a bit part in Matt Smith's first episode as Doctor Who, I guess? Uhhhh.
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Episode 8 might be the manliest one yet. I think I grew a third testicle when the Spanish man-o-war came about and opened its gun ports.

Also, R.I.P. Mister Gates

Yeah that man-o-war battle was just incredible. Also, this show is starting to become like Game Of Thrones for me. I keep starting to like certain characters and then well, you know.

Hey guys whatever happened to the Urca d'Lima