Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Black Sails

It's all over now. Season four was the end of things. It was an interesting bridge between the real-world "golden age of piracy" in the early 1700s (Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Anne Bonny, Edward Teach, Israel Hands, Woodes Rodgers, etc.) and Treasure Island twenty years later (Billy Bones, Long John Silver, Captain Flint). Overall, I give it skull out of crossbones.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Just watched the finale. Season three is in the books. I liked it. Flint is on the edge. I wish Blackbeard had been a bigger part of the show, given how terrifying he seemed to be at first, but so far he's just stood around looking ominous. I like that he's been somewhat humanized, and there's always season four!
    Just finished season 3. OMG the two parts I absolutely loved, well three.
    First favorite, when Anne Bonny takes the ship and fires lengthwise on the other ship obliterating their entire firing line.
    Captian: "Get the gun crews to resume firing."
    Quartermaster: [surveying the limp bodies, shrapnel, and ruined guns] "How, sir?"

Second favorite: the group making up the story of Long John Silver. "A man walks into a tavern out of the dead of night, threatens the entirety of the island, and then proceeds to remove a mans head with a metal shoe. I'd say that's a story that sees a strong chance of being embellished."

Third favorite: The story telling flashbacks between the battle and Flint & Silver sitting around the campfire.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Just finished season 3.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I'm catching up with season four now, there's six episodes out so far. Just watched 4x03. Jesus god.
    Minor spoiler: I stopped watching for many months after 4x03. I did eventually come back and finish, but wow.

It's just so unbelievably brutal. I felt sick every time I thought about it. I still feel sick now.