Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Square Enix

Somebody linked this in chat tonight, and knowing that FFXIV has callbacks to previous games in the series makes me wanna check it out (but I probably won't).

Hmm. I should probably not go back and replay FF8, because this "remastered" edition is basically what I remember it looking like. So I would presumably be extremely disappointed by the real thing.

That said, I love this style of "remastering." Does it look better and more detailed and higher resolution? Yes. Did the gameplay change? No.
    Are the character models now 1000% more feminine like the FF7 remake? No. Huzzah!

Wow, yeah, that's how I remember it looking. I couldn't really get into FF8 when it came out and I think I've reached the point in my life where playing a 40+ hour RPG from 20 years ago doesn't really interest me anymore.

I picked up FF8 on steam a few years back when it was on sale for like $2. I seem to remember it looking exactly like that as well but I played it for like an hour then never again so I dunno