Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Things which provoke anger

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    This is good. And shitty. The fake commercial at the end slew me. (Around 19:00 or so, if you don't wanna watch the whole damn thing.)
    Bear spray!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Definitely

There is a person in my office who is sick. They have been sick for quite some time. In fact I have a message I sent to another office mate on September 23, which was the first day I complained about the sick person. They were sick before that, but I don't recall for how long before I complained.

The noise is what kills me. I'm four cubicles away, but it's loud. The pattern is a long labored inhaling snort followed by a phlegm clearing hacking cough. Sometimes that's followed by a long nose blow or two. This process repeats every 8-12 minutes. With normal coughing interspersed throughout.

The Infected was off for a couple days, but otherwise they've been diligently working in between bouts of churning mucus... for over a month. I wish she would stay home, or visit the doctor, or die. Whatever most expediently stops the noise. Of course I don't actually wish death upon this person, but this constant guttural fluid exchange sequence did make me realize that was an option.

Hahaha. I fucking HATE sounds like that. I would have erupted (or quit my job) by now, if I were in your shoes.

Me: i got divorced

TurboTax: MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT, IT WAS PROBABLY YOUR FAULT TOO WASN'T IT

Me: ok i made a new account

TurboTax: HANG ON YOU'RE ON A NEW ACCOUNT THIS YEAR? WE RECOMMEND USING THE SAME ACCOUNT EVERY YEAR FYI

I'm pretty done with TurboTax to be honest.

Yea, similar dealio this year with me. Then I did things wrong on the kids stuff and ended up having to amend my return and you can't do that through TurboTax automagically and I had to mail it and it got lost. So, that was fun.

What ever happened to making a product, advertising said product, and selling the product? It seems almost daily I see an advertisement for a cool thing, click a link, and they offer to sign me up for announcements about when it will be available. No, no, no. I don't want to pre-fund your product, I just want to buy it. At the very least I would like to know when it will be available or god forbid perhaps know the price, but instead you want me to sign up for an email list that might someday offer basic information about a product that doesn't actually exist. Well fuck you and your vaporware bullshit non-existent crap.

Look into kickstarter and indiegogo. It's a cool business model. Has become pretty normal, shouldn't take you by surprise. Indicating your interest is a key part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Look into kickstarter and indiegogo. It's a cool business model. Has become pretty normal, shouldn't take you by surprise. Indicating your interest is a key part of the process.
    Yeah, I know those are things, but I don't care. I keep getting irritated by ads for products that don't exist.

And the one I was looking at isn't even kickstarter or indiegogo ... yawboard.com ... seems to be a new model of "just give us some money and someday we might offer to sell you a product, or maybe not."

Independent crowdfunding, beyond the shackles of kickstarter and their fees, it's a whole new paradigm!!

See this is what I mean, Propella ebikes has sold out of Version 3.4, and has sold bikes for several years now. But you still cannot go to their site and buy a bike to be shipped soon. They are perpetually using this crowd funded model of pre-orders. I don't want to pre-order, you have a good product, you've sold every bike you've ever made, and I would like to purchase one today please. ... Nope, nope, nope, you have to pre-order and some day later we will build and ship your bike.

It looks like if I clicked buy today, I might be able to get a single speed version by mid-September. But you can't buy the 7-speed version at all, presumably because they have yet to start pre-orders for Version 3.5 They started selling Version 1.0 in 2016, why aren't they just a company that makes and sells bikes now? I get the crowdfunding model for bringing a new product to market, but then you move on.

I'm just going to be a curmudgeon about this.