Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Things which provoke anger

Anger is a strong word, but New Mexico just replaced Columbus Day with "Indigenous Peoples Day" and I had the following conversation in my head:

ME: Indigenous Peoples Day? That's kind of clunky.
    INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: Well, we're not "Indians."
    ME: Fair enough, but what about Native American Day or something?
    INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: We also didn't choose the name "America" for ourselves, kind of a sore point.
    ME: Okay, so collectively, what do you call all these tribes?
    INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: "Indigenous Peoples."
    ME: Every pre-global society thinks of themselves as "the people," then they realize there are other nations out there and they need to give themselves a name. You can't just be "the people" anymore, you have cellphones and shit.
    INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: Yeah, but we are, so.

Every continent has "indigenous peoples." Is this holiday for them too? I guess it must be, I haven't really looked into it. But there's already an international holiday for "indigenous peoples," for the record.

\_(ツ)_/

Columbus was an enormous douche. Can we all just agree on that and delete his holiday from all the calendars? I don't think it needs a replacement.

Zillow shows cheap homes near the coast! Oh, but they're in a trailer park. Well, but it's a small mortgage and it's right on the ocean! Consider it anyway!

Just recently found out that those trailer parks have a $1500/month space rental fee, on top of your mortgage.

This commercial is hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCC8fPQOaxU&t=13m51s

EDIT: The original they're parodying is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCC8fPQOaxU&t=15s
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-08-2019 at 12:05 AM.

"So like, I guess the only thing I would say is..."

Say it. Say it and shut up. Spare me the 15-word preamble to your precious sentence, hot damn.

Brevity is the soul of wit ... and not pissing me off.