Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Consoles

Classic Consoles

I still have my original NES and SNES. I've got one of those Genesis 3 things rather than my original, unfortunately, but my original was coated in orange soda.

I've also got a Hyperkin RetroN 3 which is a real piece of crap. But it still gets comments when people come over and see it, and it works mostly okay. I do like the fact that it has ports for the original controllers, at least. But the SNES emulation is bad, the audio sounds shitty.

Now, though, I want this: http://www.analogueinteractive.com/

Is it $500? Yes it is. Does it only play NES games? Yes it does. If they come out with $500 units to play SNES and Genesis, will I want those too? Yes I will.

Let me get this straight, you want to spend more than the cost of a current gen system for an aluminum thingy that plays your 30 year old games? I must be missing something.

Allow me to introduce you to the concept of "disposable income," father of three.

To be clear, though, I said that I want it, not that I want to spend to get it. That's just a dirty detail I may have to deal with at some point.

That's way too much for that haha.

I have the retron myself. It's not too bad thusfar, sans the controllers.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Allow me to introduce you to the concept of "disposable income," father of three.

To be clear, though, I said that I want it, not that I want to spend to get it. That's just a dirty detail I may have to deal with at some point.
    I'll give you the "want" analysis, but even with "disposable income" that's an ass-load of money to do a thing you'll do rarely.

DON'T TRY TO GET BETWEEN US, OUR LOVE IS ETERNAL

bullshit. sold out of course.

Do they only make 15 of these things?

What's sold out, the SNES Classic? Didn't even realize it came out. Not surprised though, they made more (and probably will continue to make even more) but demand is astronomic.

Yes, today was day 1 of sales. They teased pre-orders at a bunch of places but I never got notified of that actually happening. I put in notification requests at Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, & Target.

It's insane really. Yes, they supposedly planned to make more. And now I even heard they are going to make more of the NES classic next year. But seriously my kids keep talking about it and I really wanted to get one for them, but YOU CANNOT BUY ONE*!!!!!!

* for less than $200+ from a reseller jerk.

Remember back in the eighties, when your Mom and Dad would come back from Toys R Us with black eyes and missing teeth two weeks before Christmas, but you got the latest pack of Garbage Pail Kids collectible cards under the tree and forgot all about it?

Welcome to the same feeding frenzy in our new virtual world, where everyone shops online. Now instead of stitches, you just get disappointment.