Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Audiophile Equipment

Yeah so I bought those and they work nice. Fit entirely around my ear flaps and are comfortable on my noggin. Sounds like good sounds. Didn't really evaluate the ANC because I was at home so there wasn't a lot of ambient noise to drown out, but the ANC did make things quieter.

thumbs up.

I'm sure the step up from "no noise cancelling" to $50 worth of ANC is bigger than the step from $50 to $300 worth. I'd rather have comfortable cans that last several hours on battery than go without. Looks like a good find!

Also, they'll probably cost more when China starts paying its enslaved 6-year-olds a living wage, so you caught them at the right time.

I am in the throes of analysis paralysis because I need some noise cancelling earbuds for when I go to the gym. I want to filter out all of the crapola music they blare at 120 dB. Yes, I'm a cranky old man.
    - Definitely

Almost any earbuds are gonna give you pretty good isolation. I added a pair of Taotronics to my Amazon "idea list" a while back when I was researching exercise equipment. If you really need ANC, then obviously jack the price up a bunch, but at least know that AirPods are no longer the only show in town. The Sony WF-1000s were the best on the market when I checked last year (better than Apple) and there have to be more by now.

If you don't mind the wire behind your neck, I have the Taotronics (previous version) and they work well. There is an ANC version for $40. Mine don't have ANC but they plug your ears so well it blocks a lot of noise. Mind you I'm wearing them in the office so it's a different environment, however, people come up to my desk and I don't hear them so there's that.

Things are getting extremely loud at work (thanks open-concept workspaces!) so the lady in charge of engineering approved the use of corporate credit cards to buy and expense noise cancelling headphones.

I immediately ran out and got some Bose NCH 700 cans. The noise cancellation is supposedly best in class, and that's what I'm after here. I don't love the form factor -- I prefer the more traditional look of the QuietComfort line -- but the 700s are essentially a straight upgrade, so I can deal with looking slightly like a space alien while I wear these. On the bright side, they're unbelievably soft, it's like wearing baby asses on my head. Of course, I'm sure that means the earpads will wear out within 2 months.

Other models I would definitely have looked at, if I had any confidence that the corporate expense account bean-counters would recognize brand names other than Bose, Sony, and Apple: