Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electronics (not computers) Thread

I do get some noise occasionally with my tuner but it's really a function of the strength of the "ambient" signal across that frequency. I drive up to 20 miles one-way for work and have not been able to find a single frequency that's pure static all the time. If you can find the right frequency there's virtually no noise

Did some more paying attention on the drive home last night and I realized that mine does a really good job at blocking/overpowering out the ambient signals. Sometimes when I unplug it I'll hear a legit station come across the frequency but then I'll plug it back in and I'll hear silence/whatever is playing on my phone with no digital noise. It's not always like this but I'd say most of the time

Anyone have a cool game suggestion for my Samsung tablet I'm all ears. Clash of Clans is 10 minutes of fun a day, and Words with Friends is getting boring. Game of Wars sucks, and Gurk II is buggy.
    Odds are, anything I say here is NSFW.

I don't know man, I think it might either be impossible to make a good mobile game or the shitty games make enough money that they don't need to bother trying. Agar.io is a port of a browser game that can be fun for awhile. I've really been looking for a good RPG game, but other than the Final Fantasy ports (for $16 apiece) there's really nothing out there.

I saw FF 3 out there, if it's cool I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thumblewort View Post
    I saw FF 3 out there, if it's cool I'm all for it.
    Be sure to get FF6 if you're thinking of the SNES FF3. I'm playing through FF4 (SNES FF2) at the moment and I'm enjoying it.

I don't do much mobile gaming, but I've had a few installed over the years.

• Skyward, GYRO, and Crossy Road (all free) are decent time wasters.
    • Pocket League Story ($4.99) is fun, a sort of soccer team simulator (by Kairosoft, who have perfected this formula).
    • Radiant Defense (free) is sexy looking and an alright TD game.
    • Out There ($4.99) is very polished, and a sort of FTL-lite strategy experience.
    • Battleheart ($2.99) is a very fun party-building kind-of-sort-of action RPG game.

Edit: Don't know how I forgot

• Canabalt ($2.99) the original game about running and jumping if you don't think too hard about it.
    Last edited by Macheath; 07-28-2015 at 01:38 PM.

I'll vouch for Out There, though it didn't get a fraction of the play that FTL got. I just use my galaxy as a fancy computer remote control, but I do play plenty of games on my ipad. There are some great board and card game ports. I've been playing Boss Monster regularly, and Lords of Waterdeep is fun.

Oh yeah, with a tablet you should have access to some pretty good board games and stuff. And Hearthstone.

Thanks. I like Clash of clans but most of that is waiting for things.......I'll try some of these.