Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil on Netflix

Vincent D'Vincent is indeed an outstanding actor, but I couldn't take him seriously as Kingpin. I don't know. I just couldn't. The show definitely is violent, yeah. Watching Jessica Jones reminds me how good Daredevil's action was, because by comparison, the action in Jessica Jones is laughably terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Vincent D'Vincent is indeed an outstanding actor, but I couldn't take him seriously as Kingpin. I don't know. I just couldn't.
    I feel like he has 3-4 distinct faces that show up based on situation. At least one of those could be Kingpin.

Yeah, what I mean is, even when he's in "Kingpin Mode" and being outrageous and violent, he still doesn't seem like Kingpin to me. Which is entirely my fault for having a preconceived notion of the character in my head.

He super duper looks the part, though.

I'm not sure ONE of the faces is Kingpin. There's the baritone public face, the wild-eyed psycho face, the wounded child face, and the talking to cohorts face. After thinking about it for a while, I don't think any one of them is Kingpin. Maybe the show is written in a broader context, while your preconceived comic book version is more focused on one side?

This is getting too deep for me, this early in the morning. To be honest I think my problem is just D'Onofrio. I can recognize that he's a good actor, I just don't personally care for him in many of his roles. Couldn't really say why specifically, he just always feels weird to me (and not in a good-weird, Brad-Pitt-in-12-Monkeys kind of way).

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    The action is intense and the fighting is riveting, but WOW do they crank up the gore a couple times. I find myself being repulsed by the violence.
    That scene with the car door.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    That scene with the car door.
    QFT

Season 2 has a whole lotta Frank/Shane!

That looks superbadass.

Edit: Seems like everyone else who's played Punisher is just sort of a little sad, but that's because he's always been the protagonist. Super crazy PTSD Punisher as the "bad guy" should be way better. And Shane from Walking Dead does "psycho" pretty well. It will work better in this scenario than it did in Walking Dead, where he seemed........ off.
    Last edited by Macheath; 02-15-2016 at 02:23 PM.

I'm only on episode 3 but damn it's good so far.

The scene where he fights his way down the stairwell was ah-may-zing!