Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daredevil on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Well, Kingpin in the comics is a goddamn dreadnought. For a guy with no superpowers, he goes toe-to-toe with Daredevil, Punisher, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc. with alarming regularity.

And Bullseye ("Dex") is lethal as heck.

If you're gonna do a totally mundane, streetfight-level story with one superpowered guy kicking the asses of a bunch of thugs, I guess that's fine. But when you introduce supervillains, you have to make sure they're at least a match for the hero.
    So, yes, I agree that pushover villains are boring. But I have two issues. The first is that in Season 3 DD is pretty much a punching bag, and then suddenly he isn't. The final fight should have wound up with DD in pretty much the same condition as Dex, but suddenly Kingpin became vulnerable.

My impression of the hearing thing is that he did get over it. If he didn't they certainly didn't show him being affected by it.
    - Definitely

He used a Neti pot and cured everything!

By the way, never use tap water in your Neti pot. I'm looking at you Matt Murdock!

Administrator
    i've been using my neti pot with tap water for well over a decade and never had any issues. however, now you've made me paranoid, dammit. I guess i'll start boiling the water first or something. thankfully i no longer use it everyday like i did before i went through immunotherapy for my allergies, so it hopefully won't be that big of a deal to just boil water the one or two times a month that i use it now

EDIT: although i suspect these cases that were assumed to be related to neti pot use were not so much caused by the fact that it was tap water, it was maybe more likely that the neti pot users did not properly "blow dry" their nasal cavity after it's use, leaving tap water behind to just kind of grow like a petri dish. there's some specific things you need to do in order to finish a jala neti yoga session, mostly around specific ways you need to "blow your nose" (all with your head basically upside down, which may be difficult for older people to do properly)

EDIT: edit 2) out of curiosity, i searched for "neti pot" on youtube and found a number of videos on "how to use a neti pot" i watched like the top 5 and not a single one talked about or showed how to correctly blow out your sinuses at the end, half of them didn't even show any sort of nose blowing. ok, done with my mini neti rant/investigation. back to work, swine!

I only use it when I'm sick, but I always buy distilled water specifically for that purpose. Tap water, while generally safe, can have some nasty stuff that won't hurt in your belly, but could be harmful when exposed to the porous soft tissue in your sinuses.