Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Debacle

2016 Presidential Debacle

We haven't discussed new politics here lately, perhaps that's because we all have better things to do. However, I couldn't resist posting about Donald Trump officially entering the race. Oh lucky us! Here are all the republicans. And here are all the democrats.

What a cluster fuck this whole thing is turning out to be. I love that even Fox News is throwing their hands up at the GOP field and only inviting 10 to their early debate. I'll be curious who those 10 are given that I actively try not to care and can probably name 10 without much effort. I hope they don't invite Trump. God that would make me so happy.

Then there's the Dems. I just can't get excited about Hillary on that side and I don't think Elizabeth Warren will run. I just don't think there's any, outside Hillary doing it herself, that can bring her down and I don't know that she could even secure her base well enough at this point to overcome the sheer hatred she'll have from the opposition.

I don't dislike Hillary for any particular reason other than the same reason I don't like Jeb Bush. We already had two Bush's .. Bushes .. Bushs .. Busch .. whatever ... and now we're looking at another Bush or another Clinton. This country has approximately 330 MILLION people, how is it that our supreme leader should come from the same family ONCE let alone twice in three decades. That is insanity. I'm sure Hillary or Jeb would make a fine president (really I feel most functional adults could do the job) but why must we have dynasty candidates? That highlights the problem our political system has with an elite ruling class that isn't actually representative of any constituent.

Only good things can come from a Trump candidacy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Sanders Surge is becoming a problem for Clinton!!

On one hand, I am in favor of more viable candidates who aren't Hillary, and hope springs eternal. On the other hand, a rise from 1.0% to 1.3% could be described as a 30% surge in sensationalist headlines.

At this rate, in five months he'll have 146% of the vote!!!

USA USA USA!!!

We kicked in 50$ for Bernie. I've listened to him as a guest on Thom Hartmann a number of times (he's been on there weekly for years). Some say he probably won't win but will pull Hillary to the left. That is exactly what I don't like about most of these politicians. You shouldn't pretend to be more left (or right) than you are. Be what you are and if people identify with that they'll support you.

If Hillary wins the primary will I vote for her? Probably. But I'm willing to take a chance on who I think has the best ideas before "settling".

I will probably never vote for an actual republican unless/until they stop practicing "voodoo" and go back to an economic platform along the lines of Eisenhower's republicans, which has been compared to Bernie's platform. So I guess never.

Regarding the Fox "only 10 in a debate" thing, did you see when they didn't include Rand in their "top 10" list when according to polling data he was number 6? A "program error".

With Trump getting into the race, I can't believe John Stewart isn't going to postpone leaving TDS.

Stewart did say Trumps entrance will make the final 6 weeks the best 6 weeks.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Speaking of Trump... apparently he paid actors 50$ each to carry signs/cheer at his announcement. That is one way to fill a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Threnn View Post
    Speaking of Trump... apparently he paid actors 50$ each to carry signs/cheer at his announcement. That is one way to fill a room.
    Funny when you think about it, he couldn't find enough crazy people to support him in New York. Thank God.