Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Debacle

I forgot to mention that I sat down and had a beer with a Trump supporter the other day. I didn't know he was such until he said, "Trump 2016, you know." He had just finished fixing my A/C and I'm a nice guy in person so the conversation went alright. I tried to find common ground. My wife just left the room because she doesn't put up with crazy. The guy wished we could dig up Reagan and prop his bones up in the Oval. I never got around to explaining how Reagan is the "devil" because we pivoted to religion and such...

It was a banger day- that is for sure.

And while I put stock in Nate and the work 538 does, they already admitted once that they were wrong regarding Sanders' momentum being over. And I think it is too far out to give it to Clinton yet.

On the republican side, I'm thinking more like Kasich/Rubio. Ohio and Florida are both swing states. Kasich comes off as a moderate republican and can pull more moderate independents- at least in theory. Rubio is Rubio and won't pull independents but he might help win Florida- which is really all he has to be good for. I probably said this all before but I'm lazy. Walker is done if the Kochs dropped support. Granted Bush has tons of money at this point- so he can be in it as long as he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Threnn View Post
    My wife just left the room because she doesn't put up with crazy.
    Smart lady.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

You just got Berned

It's looking like a three horse race on the Democrat side:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...cratic-primary

For a guy who was saying, like, a week ago that he's still dealing with the death of his son and couldn't put his whole heart into a Presidential race... Biden's sure playing quite the spoiler.

I liked Bernie's comment during the debate...

"the American public is sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails".

Ha ha!

I'm voting Bernie.

Have you seen all the articles about how the Republican candidates are upset about all the "gotcha" questions from CNBC? They've suspended their relationship with NBC and they're falling all over themselves to slam CNBC the hardest.

What's lost in all this is that THIS IS A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!!! YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE SOFTBALLS LOBBED AT YOU!!! What a bunch of whiney little babies. Sheesh! Harry Truman was right, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
    - Definitely

I watched the debate (while drinking- I'm not insane). I didn't think any of the questions were "gotcha". I think they did what they typically do when they don't like the questions- they attack the asker. That never fails to be a cash cow for the republicans as most of their base seem to believe the media to be, as Rubio put it, "a super pac for the dems".

Maybe he should ask Bernie what he thinks about that. Or fuck- Hillary? Is there any dem that the media isn't either ignoring or writing about stupid crap? I'm not saying republicans are getting blowjobs or anything. A lot of media (on both sides) seems to feel it is their job to be more tabloid and less "answer the actual questions that matter".

By the way... all those so called "tax plans" those yahoos eluded to suck. I have to got the store or I'd rant more..