Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Well that was totes brutes

Woah. Definitely not what I expected for the blood sacrifice

I think I read a theory on the subreddit about Bernard being a host but I thought it seemed a little farfetched. I think part of it was based on Elsie claiming that he had "been around forever." It wasn't until he "woke up" in this episode when he was reading to his son that I thought that maybe the theory had credence. And then, well, the rest of the episode happened.

I really like this show.

Maeve is great. Thandie Newton does some impressive dramatic acting while sitting around with her boobies out.

Fuuuuck. This week's episode was crunchy as hell, dense with plot and stuff. I felt many things.

Really looking forward to the season finale next week. Using the 2 timeline theory as true, this /r/Westworld post does an excellent job summarizing the whole season thus far.

The only thing that I can't really wrap my head around is when Maeve first becomes "sentient" and starts negotiating with Lee. They have everything to lose by listening to her. Why not just shut her down and get on with their work? Is it something along the lines of Maeve's programming where she can manipulate men? I just don't see them being able to rationalize any outcome from bowing to her wishes.

There are instances of techs appearing to be overly attached to the hosts, emotionally. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Remind me never to get Ed Harris mad at me.

verymad.jpg

Or happy.

veryhappy.jpg

That finale was fucking amazing. Watch all the way through the end credits!

EDIT: And may I say that I respect and admire writers who leave meaningful breadcrumbs. I don't mind if the internet figured out a plot twist, I'm happy it was there to be discovered and the evidence supported it.
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-06-2016 at 12:50 AM.

I didn't yet watch the finale. I forgot to download it and when it finally finished I realized that the last episode was an hour and a half long and didn't have enough time to finish it. Tonight for sure, I'm looking forward to it.

It was definitely fantastic. Of course the internet is all abuzz about what's in store for season 2. My personal theory is based on a second park (multiple parks were obviously confirmed) and it's based in China but has some sort of Samurai/Shogun theme. I'm basing this off the "it's...complicated" scene and the scene when Maeve gets onto the train the PA system is in Chinese (I had the subtitles on and it specifically said Chinese and not Japanese).

I didn't pay it much attention during the show but there's a very pervasive theory out there that has the Ford that was killed by Wyatt was actually a host based on the cinematographic choice of focusing on the handshake between Ford and Bernard. This is probably one where people are over thinking things as Hopkins only signed up for 1 season and the handshake was to symbolize the passing of power/knowledge. There's also the theory that Elsie and Ashley (One of the Hemsworth brothers) are still alive. This one seems might have more substance to it as many sleuths found these things

I didn't quite get the credits scene though. Did it mean that she survived and continued mowing down the incompetent security team or that she became self aware with using the knife to actuate her finger?

Quote Originally Posted by gnod View Post
    It was definitely fantastic. Of course the internet is all abuzz about what's in store for season 2.
    I hardly care. Season one was a good, self-contained story, and I'm satisfied. I'll probably watch season two, but then again I said the same things about Fargo after its first season, and I haven't bothered with its second season yet.

My personal theory is based on a second park
    Yeah, they can't really show that without making it an important part of the next season, that's a big development.

I didn't pay it much attention during the show but there's a very pervasive theory out there that has the Ford that was killed by Wyatt was actually a host based on the cinematographic choice of focusing on the handshake between Ford and Bernard.
    Eeeehhhhh, yeah, maybe. I kind of doubt it. I really feel like Ford was ready to go. Maybe there's a Ford Host somewhere in the park to fuck with us, but it's not the real him. He died. Definitely reading too much into a handshake, though.

I didn't quite get the credits scene though. Did it mean that she survived and continued mowing down the incompetent security team or that she became self aware with using the knife to actuate her finger?
    Oh, I hadn't even really devoted much thought to it, but I guess it bears some thinking about. My assumption was more the first part, but hey, who knows.

I just saw this for the first time. Pretty neat breakdown of Anthony Hopkins' performance in one scene.