Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly

Many in the cast are doing other things and the creator has poo-pooed any thoughts of doing more shows so that doesn't bode well.

But, there is this new'ish picture of the cast that has some people muttering:

firefly-serenity-movie-promotional-photos-gq-03-4.jpg

I hope he's just playing dumb and hiding the ten seasons worth of scripts he's been scribbling down for the last eight years. This series would work.

Netflix could buy & produce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    Christina Hendricks is the lovely redhead who guest stars on two fantastic episodes.
    She showed up in episode 6. Lovely.

I want to send my wife to that seduction school ... or meet a space hooker, I guess.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    space hooker
    totally off topic, but reminded me of this video my friend made:

I'm glad you've finally joined us in the Firefly Nerd Club. What took so long? The show's ten years old by now.

9 episodes down. I'm already starting to feel anxious that there are only five left!!!

ya.....it sucks.

The movie really provides too much closure (though certainly not on all fronts) for the series to continue, unless they were to go about it by covering the period between the end of the series and the start of the movie. I'd love to see more Firefly, but it's such a perfect entity... I'd be worried about a decline in quality. Keeping things as they are leaves you wanting more, instead of being kinda sick of it.

Then again, my lack of faith in Joss Whedon's ability to sustain a TV series is based on Dollhouse's spotty quality (very high highs, kinda mediocre lows) -- but Dollhouse was a very limited concept, whereas Firefly is just kind of an episodic science fiction show. Same "room for growth" as any Star Trek series (a lot).

I haven't seen Serenity in a long time so I've forgotten how much closure it brings. What I've seen of Firefly so far leaves plenty of room open for episodes. There is a timeline but it's pretty sparse and some of the episodes are completely out of time all together.

I hear ya on not ruining a good thing, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Serenity explored the origin of the Reavers, as well as providing some considerable insight into River's background. Also, it killed off Book and Wash. So that's a lot of closure.

The only remaining plot threads from the series I'd have loved to see get further development (that I can think of off the top of my head, at any rate) are Book's background and the "two by two, hands of blue" guys. Sexual tension between Mal and Inara does not count as a plot thread.