Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

The Expanse

I've enjoyed the first few novels in The Expanse series, and I had no idea SyFy had picked it up to make a show, but it looks pretty neat.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...must-watch-tv/

Would happily recommend the books, and hopefully I'll be able to recommend the show too.

Finishing up the first 4 episodes right now, and it's some badass shit! The only thing I'm not all that excited about is the guy they got to play Jim Holden, he's too young. Otherwise, really really good. The technology and science and interplanetary politics all feel right. I hope the budget holds up, SyFy doing it right so far.

Is Jim Holden the grizzled cop guy? The first episode was a bit slow, I'm sure it would have been better if I already knew who everyone was from reading the book. I'm definitely going to stick with it.

No, the grizzled cop is similarly-named Joe Miller. Jim Holden is the young spaceman who gets promoted to XO. He was older in my head when I read the books.

If anyone else is interested in watching this (it's pretty worth your time), Syfy has put up the first four episodes for free on its site.

Pretty shit trailer for season two, but I liked season one a lot (and book two was great) so I'm looking forward to it anyway!

I like the chick they got to play Bobbie Draper, who's basically the Brienne of this series.

This reminds me I still haven't finished book three. Think they've already got six or seven, so... I guess I have some catching up to do. Some day.

Do you think reading the book(s) improved your enjoyment of season 1. I got about 5 episodes in and still wasn't sold on it. I was thinking of maybe picking up the first book as my next audiobook.

Probably, yes. I liked the book, I read the book first.

Just watched the season 2 premiere, it was okay but had a dynamite finale. Miller is the man.

I'm six episodes into season three, and they're really knocking it out of the park. Surprised as fuck this show got cancelled, but it was almost definitely for budget reasons, because holy shit the show's only getting better. Glad Amazon picked it up after SyFy fumbled the ball.