Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1474

Thread: NFL Football

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Hey Packers... I want dis
    Kinda makes me wish the 49ers hadn't won those games at the end of the season.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    This list of Big Dick Ted "Moneybags" Thompson's free agent signings needs some updates:
    Yeah, let's take one more look at Ted's last year in free agency.

• Martellus Bennett (TE) - fucking bomb, asshole of the year
    • Lance Kendricks (TE) - minimal impact
    • Davon House (CB) - glad he was around, hope he re-signs, but he's not rescuing the defense in 2018
    • Ricky Jean Francois (DT) - cut and re-signed and re-cut and went to Patriots and then became a pretty good run-stopper
    • Justin McCray (G) - played a lot, did fine
    • Jahri Evans (G) - good
    • Ahmad Brooks (OLB) - minimal impact
    • Quinton Dial (DE/DT) - minimal impact
    • Chris Odom (OLB) - minimal impact

sweeeeeet

So far in Brian Gutekunst's first year in free agency, he's traded GB's top cornerback (Damarious Randall) to Cleveland for Deshone Kizer and upgraded picks in the 4th and 5th round. Honestly I kinda like that trade. Randall was a bit of a cancer, the CB situation can't really get worse, and Kizer (a 2017 2nd rounder who started 15 games) looked good enough to be better than Hundley.

Heck yes Mister Cleveland Fan! Let that Rodgers guy walk!

You've got to really hate your coach to wish stage-4 cancer on him.
    - Definitely

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...3year-39m-deal

What do you do when a player you absolutely hate joins your team?

I'm telling myself that when evil uses its power for good, its good. Hopefully I'll believe that soon.
    - Definitely

Just keep him out of the media, and you're golden!

So many tweets to the effect of "___ plans to sign with ___ when free agency opens" this year. I don't remember this. Well, whatever, FA opens tomorrow and we already know where everyone's going!

The Minnesota QB situation is Kirk Cousins. Keenum's off to Denver, Bradford to Arizona, and even Broken Teddy found work with the Jets. So Minnesota has Cousins. Good quarterback. But they signed him to a 3-year, 100% guaranteed deal. The first of its kind. And it's just Cousins, no backup plan right now. Talk about going all in.

Green Bay's CB situation isn't good. They missed out on Malcolm Butler (Titans), Trumaine Johnson (Jets), and Richard Sherman (Niners). CHI slapped the transition tag on Kyle Fuller, so he'd be expensive. Haven't heard any news about Prince Amukamara or DRC yet. Maybe GB can snatch one of those guys. Otherwise... I dunno. Kevin King and a draft pick, I guess?

Meanwhile, they did sign Jimmy Graham and Mo Wilkerson, so that's something! The Bears got Allen Robinson, so that sucks.

Remember: free agency hasn't started yet.

Packers cut Jordy. I'll always remember him at his peak: beating Darrelle Revis with brawn at the top of a crisp route, outrunning Devin McCourty, and scoring a 45-yard TD on 3rd and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHmPpHaYDMo

He wasn't at his peak anymore, but that doesn't mean Brett Hundley shouldn't be charged with murder. #SAD

I'm guessing 10 years was a target of his and/or his ACL/speed are a concern that doesn't make him worth the cap space and renegotiating fell apart.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    his ACL/speed are a concern that doesn't make him worth the cap space
    Definitely this. Packers had $38M tied up in their WR corps, most in the league (second place: $28M). And in 2017, they were possibly the slowest WR corps in the league, too. Rodgers loves feeding Jordy the ball (they have what the kids call "chemistry") but even while he was getting a ton of red zone targets early in the year, during Rodgers' 4 full games, Jordy only managed like 50 yards per game. He was very much on the decline.

Maybe he'll sign with some team that's willing to use him in the slot, where he can be more effective than he was while continually streaking up sidelines. But it won't be for $12M. Packers are saving $10M in cap space by cutting him, and they did it before FA started, which gave him ample opportunity to shop himself around. Frankly, they did right by him. If he chooses to come back (doubtful) it will be at a much lower price.

I love the guy, and it's always nice to keep fan favorites, but shit. $12M is too much, given what GB's spending elsewhere.