Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,518 of 1518

Thread: NFL Football

ILB Jake Ryan hit free agency, and the Jags just signed him. That means:

• 2015 draft: 0/8 left on the team
    • 2014 draft: 2/9 left on team (Davante, Linsley)
    • 2013 draft: 1/11 left on team (Bakhtiari)
    • 2012 draft: 1/8 left on team (Daniels)

The 2016-2017 drafts are faring better, but obviously they're more recent and there are some rookie deals still in effect. A couple mainstays like Martinez and Clark, but guys like Fackrell and Spriggs aren't super likely to get signed to new contracts. "Draft and develop" means you need to draft well, then re-sign your dudes once they turn out good. The 2012-2015 timeframe is killing Green Bay's roster right now, and 2016-2017 will make sure it stays weak for years to come.

EDIT: Put another way: out of 36 players drafted from 2012-2015, only four were worth signing to a second contract. And that's supposed to be the core of your team right now. Gute is making splashes in free agency because he absolutely has to.
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-16-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Actually never saw this before. Now I'm extra sad Clay's leaving, the comedic potential was tremendous.

I've been here, there are signs all over that truck saying DO NOT TOUCH. Unless you're a player, I guess. Just another way the 1% is screwing us little guys. They get to touch the truck.

Won't make it out of the top 5, let alone to pick 12:

• DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • EDGE Nick Bosa

Possible one of these guys makes it to 12:

• DT Ed Oliver
    • ILB Devin White
    • EDGE Brian Burns

Would be a pretty damn nice consolation prize, otherwise:

• TE T.J. Hockensen
    • EDGE Clelin Ferrell
    • OG Jonah Williams
    • OT Andre Dillard

Packers will actually draft:

• Somebody I've never heard of, because I don't know I'm talking about
    • Trade down 5 spots for an extra day two pick plus a 2020 7th rounder
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-30-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Tyler Dunne came out with a lascivious hit piece about Rodgers and McCarthy earlier this week. He's a good writer, it's compellingly written stuff, but ever since it came out there's been a parade of former teammates talking about what an embarrassing pile of horseshit it is. James Jones, John Kuhn, Tom Crabtree, Brady Poppinga, Casey Hayward, Ryan Grant, and obviously you could talk with guys like Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, etc. if you wanted even more dissenting opinions. How hard could Dunne have tried, here? His piece is mostly anonymously sourced, and you've gotta think most of the spicy stuff came from the same usual subjects (Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley). What's up with those bitter old drama whores?

As usual, Crabs had my favorite take:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Crabtree pretending to be Greg Jennings
    “That guy who joked around about me playing for another team and then didn’t say hi to me at a game a few years later is sensitive and petty. That’s why I left Green Bay and continue to dwell on these two points years later.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree again
    Best quote in the article was this by a mile:
    “After dismissing anything Jennings and Finley say—‘Fuck those guys’—one former coach says....”
    I just wish this former coach hadn’t remained anonymous so we could start plans for a plaque and statue of him outside of Lambeau Field.

Whoah. Players back in GB today, and Rodgers was (obviously) asked about the above article more or less immediately. Seems he's done being political:

"This was a smear attack by a writer looking to advance his career by talking with mostly irrelevant, bitter players who all have an agenda, whether they’re advancing their own careers or just trying to stir old stuff up."

"If it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else? … You talk about me being sensitive and petty, at what point do you move on or stop telling the same stories?"

That's not gonna help the "sensitive and petty" talk, but at least he's standing up for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    <insert shit that does not matter>

Packers will actually draft:

• Somebody I've never heard of, because I don't know I'm talking about
    Brian Burns and Montez Sweat fell to the Packers at 12, but they took Rashan Gary. I mean, I've heard of him, but I'm a fat guy on a couch who spent 30 minutes reading the internet to do his draft research. Everybody lists Gary as EDGE, but he's absolutely massive (6'5", 280+) so he seems to be a tweener. They'll probably play him all over the place in the front 7.

Word is he's injured and shows low motivation, so he's a perfect Packer!