Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159 LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1583

Thread: NFL Football

Fantasy Update: my team knew they needed to start winning if we were gonna make anything happen in the playoffs this year. But they strongly did not care. A win would have put me in 4th place, but instead I lost to the 12th place team (with a starting QB on IR) by over 100 points.

I'm trying to guess which of their 2020 UFAs GB will try and re-sign before the season ends. They've got a few important guys coming up in 2021 too, they might try to sign Bakhtiari and/or Kenny Clark to an extension. But these are the ones who will be free and clear next March:

Bryan Bulaga Has played like an All-Pro at times this year, still pretty young for OL at 31.
    Blake Martinez Young, coming off his rookie deal, super inconsistent. He'll get a big deal somewhere. GB needs help at ILB.
    Dan Vitale I love this dude.
    Ibraheim Campbell Defense looks different with him out there, sign this man.
    Mason Crosby I mean, he's a kicker. But he's a pretty good one.
    Tramon Williams Ancient, but one of the most quietly consistent CBs on the roster.
    Marcedes Lewis Ancient. Would take him back if there's room.
    Geronimo Allison Hurts me to say it, but kinda trash.
    Kyler Fackrell Has his moments, but mostly just a guy.
    B.J. Goodson Just a guy.
    Ryan Grant Just a guy.
    Jason Spriggs Pretty trash.

Hooooly fuck. Myles Garrett just pulled off (Steelers QB) Mason Rudolph's helmet, then swung it at him with a full-on, over the head, tomahawk-style AXE CHOP. And then the Steelers OL went into full berserk mode, kicking the absolute shit out of Garrett, who completely deserved it. There are gonna be suspensions.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/stat...99910368436224
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...teelers-browns
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-inexcusable/

Here's the death toll (so far) from last night's brawl:

• Steelers and Browns organizations both fined $250,000
    • Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely
    • Maurkice Pouncey (Mr. Puncho-Kicko, defending his QB) suspended three games
    • Larry Ogunjobi (who randomly ran up and smacked Rudolph again, after he'd just been nearly brained with his own helmet) suspended one game
    • Plus fines all around, and:
    • "Additional discipline for other players will be forthcoming through the standard accountability process, including those players that left the bench to enter the fight area."

In other words, if you haven't seen the video yet, you really should check it out.

Aaron Rodgers mocked by NFL fans in brutal Jimmy Garoppolo Super Bowl rings comparison

On behalf of all 49er fans, I apologize.

I would also like to avoid the inevitable come-uppance that's due when your hubris gets ahead of you. On Sunday we play the Ravens. We don't need to be building up bad karma.

Also, just rationally, come on. Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's to ever play the game. Jimmy G, well, time will tell.
    - Definitely

Imagine bragging about Super Bowl rings your QB won while riding the pine for an entirely different team.

The only defense I can offer is that we've been in the wilderness so long that the fanbase is overly enthusiastic.
    - Definitely

Ryan Fitzpatrick's career is so crazy. He's played the Eagles seven times (he's 3-3-1). Every single one of those was with a different team (and none of them were in the NFC East). He threw in a TD in all seven games, for seven different teams.