Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1363

Thread: NFL Football

The remarkable thing about GB's competent defensive performance last weekend is that it was more or less the same lineup they had in 2016. All their new additions barely played -- Ricky Jean Francois played like 2 snaps and then got cut, Ahmad Brooks played 5 snaps and went out with a concussion, Dial and Odom were inactive. The only major change was House replacing Shields at CB.

I worry that it was mostly a mirage, thanks to SEA's godawful O-line. We'll find out this weekend; if GB somehow walks into ATL and stomps the Falcons, they'll be the clear-cut favorite in the NFC (fair or not; I think they have some serious competition within the NFC North alone).

Well, you really need to score on every drive, if you want to stay in a game like that GB/ATL debacle last night. Up against a great offense, on the road, opening their stadium during primetime. As soon as the Packers failed to tie it up at 14-14, I was sure they were finished. By the time they gave up successive turnovers-into-quick-touchdowns to end the first half and begin the second half, I was already too drunk to care. I didn't even know Jordy and Daniels went out with injuries until this morning.

All said, would have been nice to see them put up a fight, but losing by 11 on the road against that team isn't the end of the world. There's no defending Julio Jones.

GB needs their offensive line back.

woo

GB still needs their offensive line back.

That fucking Trevathan hit on Davante Adams was stomach-turning. It's exactly the sort of hit that makes me question whether the league is worth watching/supporting, I felt physically sick. I can't bring myself to look at any replays of it, at least not until after I find out Adams is okay and his career's not over. Horrifying. Have to imagine Trevathan's going to have a hefty fine and possibly a suspension waiting for him in a day or two, especially given the way he was jawing afterwards.

Adding insult to injury... this game was already hard to watch, and naturally this is the one game my wife agreed to watch with me. Boring, shitty game full of long pauses for 100 penalty flags and challenges, 45 minute weather delay, and then that awful hit on top of it all. Packers won 35-14 and I feel like I was at a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    That fucking Trevathan hit on Davante Adams was stomach-turning.
    ESPN has a good take on it
    - Definitely

Huh, people on Reddit (and my mom) were wondering why he wasn't ejected, and I figured ejections were only for multiple offenses and fighting/punching. Sounds like I'm wrong, and he probably should/could have been tossed. As it was, I was surprised Fox left him in the game. Asshole was on the field for the next play, ready to pop somebody else.

Impressive list of injuries: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nfl/gb/

Happily, sounds like Adams came out okay MRI-wise, but surely he has a concussion and will miss a game or three.

This season really crumbled quickly, from a "healthy roster" perspective. Daniels (weeks 2-4), House (weeks 3-4), Bakh (weeks 2-4), and Bulaga (weeks 2-4 with a short appearance in week 3) have all now been inactive for most of the season thus far, and those are some valuable dudes. If they can take this long week (thank you Thursday game) and get back for the game @DAL, they might stand a chance. Daniels especially, that Dallas OL is crazy.

Hopefully RB3 Jones and RB4 Mays can carry the load, Montgomery's going to be down for a while if he's got broken ribs, and RB2 Williams "has a knee," so who knows.

Even with Adams out, GB has Nelson/Cobb/Allison as their top 3, with Davis/Janis in reserve... that said, I'll expect to see a lot more Bennett/Kendricks/Rodgers action in coming weeks.

Whole lot of home teams lost this week; 8 total so far, including DAL, ATL and NE. Topsy turvy league, hottest team right now is still KC, and they play at home tomorrow night... Happier than I already was to see GB escape their matchup with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    This kid looks smooth, and Ted snagged him in the end of the fourth round:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubrdY1jr8o

And then this guy in the end of the fifth, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVn4nqPOkSI
    Jamaal Williams runs like he's got his eyes closed, but boy am I ever happy with Aaron Jones so far:

Cowboys fans and pundits are freaking about DAL's poor clock management against Aaron Rodgers. They had a dumb spike at the end of the game last January, left 30 seconds, and Rodgers fucked them in the ass. They scored too quickly last Sunday, ran plays with extra time on the play clock, left over 60 seconds, and Rodgers fucked them in the ass. "Don't let him anywhere near the ball at the end of the game, he'll kill your whole family!" Sounds ridiculous, but I'm totally cool with these implausible factoids added to AR12's Bunyanesque fable:

• Never fails to complete a Hail Mary
    • Can win the game with 0:00 left on the clock
    • Will impregnate your wife between drives