Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1363

Thread: NFL Football

• As children Rodgers played touch football with Chuck Norris, Chuck never played football again.

I've added links to make the fable more legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I'm totally cool with these implausible factoids added to AR12's Bunyanesque fable:

These "Turning Point" videos are so good. NFL Films man.

Here's the one from the Packers-Falcons game, focusing on the pick play that kinda ruined GB's whole day:

Pretty impressive analysis for a Vikings fan

fuck absolutely everything

EDIT: Seriously though. If Barr just pulls up on that hit, rather than wrapping up and driving Rodgers into the ground a good full second after he finished throwing... if Rodgers stays in and the Packers win... then they've made it through the toughest part of their schedule with a 5-1 record; then they have a cupcake of a second half, including a BYE to get healthier. But instead, Hundley looks like burning shit, the injuries pile up and pile up, Rodgers is out for the year (more than likely), and GB goes from top contender and looking really good... down to what, 8-8 or 9-7 at best? I'm just so sad.

EDIT: On the flip side, they still have a cupcake second half. If Hundley gets all the first-team reps in practice and stops sucking shit, the team manages to get even somewhat unfucked in terms of injuries, and Rodgers makes it back before the playoffs... who knows. Still, this was shaping up to be such a good season, and now I want to never watch football again.
    Last edited by Macheath; 10-15-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Here's a crazy idea that will never happen. Sign a rest of the season contract with Colin Kaepernick.

Kap is a big name but I feel like he's not that great, nor is he a fit for the complicated offense McCarthy runs. More or less needs to be someone who knows all the shit, can't just plug and play any veteran. Hundley after some first team practices is the team's best bet in my opinion.

You're probably right. There was a post on FB from SI this morning suggesting this and there are some extremely strong opinions. Go figure, people on the internet with opinions. huh.

Yeah man, I'm in the Bargaining stage with Hundley. I really feel like he might be a serviceable replacement, enough to get 3-4 wins out of the 8+ weeks Rodgers is out.

schedule.png

In the most optimistic scenario... if GB gets QB1 back in as few as 8 weeks, that leaves three tough games at the end of the year (where we'll need Rodgers if we can get him). If Hundley's got the team at 8-5 (4 wins) or 7-6 (3 wins) at that point, winning out might be enough to grab the division.

That seems like a massive "if" given what we saw yesterday. But that was probably the best DEF he'll face, and he went in absolutely cold with no preparation, the whole team was in shock, etc.

Give the kid next week's game to give a better impression, and then a BYE to get even better. Then it will definitely be doomsday if he starts losing.

The NFL subreddit does a thread every week where they combine the Power Rankings on every major site into one "combined" index:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ings_combined/

Last week, the Packers were on top of the world, behind only KC at #2. This week, they're #16.

SBN isn't included in the aggregate rank, because they're doing something different this year: "hope rankings." They rank each team based on how optimistic its fans should be. Green Bay is #28 on that list currently.