Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 1,611 to 1,619 of 1619

Thread: NFL Football

I'd do it again, but do we need to make changes in light of covid or just see where it goes?

Just like opening schools up......It's going to be a shit show and a horrible idea.

A bad fantasy season isn't going to kill us

Im in

Quote Originally Posted by Equoria View Post
    Just like opening schools up......It's going to be a shit show and a horrible idea.
    HEY!

As you can see I took my draft very seriously this year
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, so I didn't know you scheduled the draft. That sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    So forget about wide receivers. This draft looked like LaFleur working toward his preferred run-heavy, play-action based offense. The days of the McCarthy Spread are gone, get used to it.
    Oh yeah. Ohhh yeah. We're going WR-light this year, boys. Strap in.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    • Davante Adams is still around.
    • Allen Lazard looked good down the stretch last year. If you leave out the first 5 games (where he didn't catch a pass) and extrapolate the rest, you get 50 rec. for 700 yards and 4 TDs. That's a pretty decent WR3 season.
    • They signed Devin Funchess. Is he washed up? Who knows, but he looked good in 2017 before injuries derailed him for a couple years.
    • They signed Reggie Begelton in January, after he lit it up in the CFL in 2019. His highlight reel looks good to me.
    Funchess opted out of 2020 for COVID reasons, Begelton's on the practice squad. Adams and Lazard! And another year of baseless MVS/EQ optimism!

Well, the offense is off to a terrific start. Is it a mirage? I don't care!

January 2019: Packers hire Matt LaFleur, who is clearly part of the Sean McVay coaching tree/lineage.

March 2019: Sean Payton makes comments about teams looking for "the next Sean McVay," says they're making "a lot of mistakes" in their hiring decisions as a result, and the Saints "can't wait to play" these teams.

LaFleur is currently 16-4 as HC of the Packers, and this week they play Payton's Saints.

In other Packers/Saints news, I just saw Ty Montgomery on the New Orleans injury report!

Remember Ty? Mike McCarthy dumped him during the 2018 "hell season" when he took a kickoff out of the end zone against the Rams, fumbling and effectively losing the game.

I thought I'd check on what he's been up to, and the answer is... not much. GB traded him to Baltimore in 2018, Baltimore cut him and he went to the Jets, Jets cut him and now he's on the Saints. Since leaving GB, he's got:

• 48 carries for 182 yards (3.8 avg)
    • 25 receptions for 180 yards (7.2 avg)
    • zero touchdowns of any kind

Is it possible this dude just isn't any good?