Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1475

Thread: NFL Football

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Green Bay's CB situation isn't good. They missed out on Malcolm Butler (Titans), Trumaine Johnson (Jets), and Richard Sherman (Niners). CHI slapped the transition tag on Kyle Fuller, so he'd be expensive. Haven't heard any news about Prince Amukamara or DRC yet. Maybe GB can snatch one of those guys. Otherwise... I dunno. Kevin King and a draft pick, I guess?
    Still hoping GB re-signs Davon House, but in the mean time, Tramon be coming back!

I feel better about King/Rollins/Tramon than I did about King/Rollins/Randall. Adding House back into the fold would make the CB situation look downright okay.

Gaines, Breeland, and DRC are still out there, too.

I just went back and took another look at Jordy's 2017 season. He was even worse than I remembered. In the 11 games after Rodgers initially went down, he averaged 3 receptions for 25 yards and 0.000 touchdowns.

Yikes. Even with Hundley hurling the rock, a guy who's not past his prime ought to be open more often than that. $12M is the kind of money you pay a player who makes a difference on his own, not somebody who's totally dependent on being fed the ball by Rodgers and his ungodly accuracy.

Holy shit, the owners meeting has had some interesting rule changes come into effect. The one that just piqued my interest: remote refs watching games from New York can now call in a player ejection, even if the refs on the field don't call it. Think about all the times cameras have caught dudes nut-punching each other, or flipping off the crowd, or just egregiously spearing someone with the crown of their helmet.

This sounds like a good plan.

*a tumbleweed rolls across the field in the mid-3rd quarter*

EDIT: From reddit...

Football Move Rules

1) You can't just be up there and just doin' a football move like that.

1a. A football move is when you

1b. Okay well listen. A football move is when you football move the

1c. Let me start over

1c-a. The receiver is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, defender, that prohibits the defender from doing, you know, just trying to hit the receiver. You can't do that.

1c-b. Once the receiver is in the stretch, he can't be over here and say to the defender, like, "I'm gonna get ya! I'm gonna juke you out! You better watch your butt!" and then just be like he didn't even do that.

1c-b(1). Like, if you're about to run, and then don't run, you have to still catch. You cannot not catch. Does that make any sense?

1c-b(2). You gotta be, catching motion of the ball, and then, until you just catch it.

1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the ball up here, like this, but then there's the football move you gotta think about.

1c-b(2)-b. Fairuza Balk hasn't been in any movies in forever. I hope she wasn't typecast as that racist lady in American History X.

1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, she was in The Waterboy too! That would be even worse.

1c-b(2)-b(ii). "get in mah bellah" -- Adam Water, "The Waterboy." Haha, classic...

1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A football move is when the receiver makes a movement that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the football and field of

2) Do a football move please.
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-27-2018 at 07:34 PM.

I love this guy's analysis. I want to see GB take a top edge rusher or CB at pick #14, which (since I'm a fan with limited scouting knowledge) means I'm hoping Marcus Davenport or Minkah Fitzpatrick will slide. But when the Packers inevitably draft someone I don't recognize, hopefully I can find a highlight reel like this one to understand why:

Marcus Davenport or Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Here's my full Pokedex of hopeful GB first round picks.

Cornerbacks:

1. Denzel Ward - won't make it out of the top 10
    2. Derwin James - actually a safety
    3. Minkah Fitzpatrick - might slide
    4. Josh Jackson - one of the last 3 here should be available at 14 for sure
    5. Isaiah Oliver
    6. Jaire Alexander

Edge rushers:

1. Bradley Chubb - won't make it out of the top 5
    2. Roquan Smith - just learned this guy existed but apparently he's pretty good
    3. Marcus Davenport - after Chubb, one of the only names I recognize
    4. Harold Landry - hey it's the other name I recognize

There's a lot of QB hungry teams, and it seems like eveyrone expects the top 3 picks to be quarterbacks. But then, the tippy-top picks are probably some combination of Saquan Barkley, Bradley Chubb, and Quenton Nelson. After that, absolutely who the fuck knows. Not me!
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-08-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Wow, I love it when other fans get way more into it than me, and I can benefit from their research and passion and pretend I know what I'm talking about when GB drafts Leighton Vander Esch and I go "oh, yeah, he fits all their, you know, physical profiles and what-not."

Tramon be coming back!

I feel better about King/Rollins/Tramon than I did about King/Rollins/Randall. Adding House back into the fold would make the CB situation look downright okay.
    bongo

House isn't that great. He and Tramon are both old. But they're solid enough. Let's hear it for Lenzy Pipkins!

Also: Bashaud Breeland and Delvin Breaux are still available. At this point I have to assume they're stuck waiting until after the draft to get signed anywhere. DRC's out there too, but GB has now officially filled their quota of age 30+ cornerbacks.

EDIT: Holy shit, House is only 28.

I love this guy's analysis. I want to see GB take a top edge rusher or CB at pick #14, which (since I'm a fan with limited scouting knowledge) means I'm hoping Marcus Davenport or Minkah Fitzpatrick will slide. But when the Packers inevitably draft someone I don't recognize, hopefully I can find a highlight reel like this one to understand why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stSvqc4gMk
    Wow, I love it when other fans get way more into it than me, and I can benefit from their research and passion and pretend I know what I'm talking about when GB drafts Leighton Vander Esch and I go "oh, yeah, he fits all their, you know, physical profiles and what-not."
    Wow. An hour-long mock draft after 200 hours of research. For the record, I'd be pleased as punch to see Ward fall to GB. I guess. I don't really know who he is, but everyone talks about him!