Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1324

Thread: NFL Football

Draft starts tomorrow! So far this offseason, the Packers have lost:

• JC Tretter (C/G) - backup, but would probably have been a starter at G in 2017 given the loss of...
    • TJ Lang (G) - bummer dude
    • Eddie Lacy (RB) - good when not fat
    • Jared Cook (TE) - one year rental
    • Julius Peppers (OLB) - swan song
    • Micah Hyde (S/CB) - will miss this guy

And signed:

• Martellus Bennett (TE) - possibly the top FA tight end
    • Lance Kendricks (TE) - pretty good too, but a depth signing
    • Davon House (CB) - still pretty young, knows GB and Capers, may slot right in where he left 2 years ago
    • Ricky Jean Francois (DT) - depth signing
    • Justin McCray (G) - depth signing
    • Jahri Evans (G) - 33 years old, but a 4-time first team All Pro, probably an immediate starter in Lang's spot

GB has also been linked to Jamaal Charles (RB), though I imagine any deal will wait until after the draft at this point.

They also re-signed Nick Perry (OLB), Don Barclay (G), and Christine Michael (RB). Between those and the signings listed above, I'd say they've mostly accounted for the losses on offense... the defense still needs a lot of help. So hopefully they go for D in the draft.

But dang, surprisingly active year in the free agency department, what's up with Ted?

The Bears gave San Fran the 3rd pick overall, plus their 3rd and 4th rounders and a 2018 3rd rounder, all to move up one spot and take QB Mitch Trubisky.

Talk about hitching your wagon to a dude. That's the kind of move that gets a GM fired after 2 seasons or so.

Meanwhile... the Packers predictably traded out of the first round, giving their 29th overall pick for CLE's 2nd and 4th rounders. I like the move myself, this is a deep draft at positions GB needs, but given that TJ Watt went 30th overall, I imagine there are some incredibly pissy Wisconsin homer fans right now.

Let's just keep in mind the trade CHI pulled off, people. There are two kinds of trades.

So GB's new 2nd round pick (from CLE) is in fact #33, the first pick of the day. Now I'm reading that 7+ teams want a QB, and are likely trying to swing a trade for that spot. With all day to squeeze teams for everything they can get, it's possible TT will only have to trade down a few spots to get several more picks.

GB kept the pick and drafted Kevin King, a very flipping tall CB. I'll take it!

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has broken up with Olivia Munn and finally come out as gay is now dating Kelly Rohrbach.

Whatever dude, we all know what's up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    maybe this means TT will use a draft pick (in a very RB-rich draft year)
    This kid looks smooth, and Ted snagged him in the end of the fourth round:

And then this guy in the end of the fifth, too. There really are a lot of RBs in the draft this year.

EDIT: Wow, weird. Both of them being interviewed at once:

Last edited by Macheath; 04-29-2017 at 03:07 PM.

"Rodgers will be first to hit the 300-touchdown mark without having thrown 100 interceptions in the process."

Crazy thing is, [400] is actually realistic.

If Rodgers continues his trend of single digit interceptions and 35+ TDs he could be there in 3 years. For example, if he throws 9 picks and 35 TDs each of the next 3 years, he would have 402 TDs and 99 interceptions. #Godgers
    I love it, but would also be cool to (for example) stop losing heartbreaking games in the playoffs one of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I love it, but would also be cool to (for example) stop losing heartbreaking games in the playoffs one of these years.
    Sadly, a quarterback alone can't do that.
    - Definitely

Holy crap, the Falcons' new stadium is amazing:

http://i.imgur.com/cIC4tHT.gifv

I'm sure that little operation takes a couple hours to play out in real time, but it sure looks impressive in GIF form!