Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,435 of 1435

Thread: NFL Football

Well, they drafted a punter (who, to be fair, looks like a legit field-flipping weapon) and a long snapper.

I know Crosby wasn't thrilled with the holding situation last year, and while Vogel looked okay, it's hard not to set records for net yards when you've got Brett Hundley failing to move the ball past his own 25 on most drives, and you can just wail away on it every time. Vogel did have a good average, but he was 31st in the league at inside-the-20 placement. So, sure, bring in a dude. Bring in the best dude.

Same goes for long snapper. Goode has been... goode... for 10 years now, but he's 34, had an injury and missed 6 games last season, so why not? It's the 7th round, you've got way more picks than you need, nobody wants to trade at this point in the draft... go for it, get the best punter and the best long snapper. Don't wait and hope you can sign them for free as UDFA.

Finally, finally, they did draft an EDGE guy, but he's GB's Mr. Irrelevant. Camp body! Or maybe he's the next Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila Keith McKenzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    PS: their second rounder thinks he's OBJ or something
    I'm so happy that was gameplay footage and not a press conference or shampoo commercial.

They'll never do anything about those gloves because catches like that get views, but I really wish they'd do something about those gloves. If for no other reason that catches like that are not FUCKING SPECTACULAR anymore. They're just, "Oh, cool. Like OBJ did that one time."

Edit: And it just registered in my brain that that was an interception!
    Last edited by liuv; 04-29-2018 at 09:46 AM.

GB signed a crapload of UDFAs, including a tight end who looked like a man among boys in Division II, which might mean he's got a shot to make an NFL roster. Hard to say against Div-II competition, but it's at least clear that he fits the "slow WR" tight end mold. Yet to be seen whether he's any good at blocking.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like he's just a fat WR. Maybe he can pack on a few more pounds of muscle, learn to block, and make the team as a backup TE, in that case?

Jason Witten won't shut up about GB signing Dez Bryant, and he's whipping fans into a frenzy. Look at this:

1. Davante Adams
    2. Randall Cobb
    3. Geronimo Allison
    4. J'Mon Moore
    5. Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    6. Equanimeous St. Brown
    7. Michael Clark
    8. Trevor Davis
    9. DeAngelo Yancey
    10. Jake Kumerow
    11. Colby Pearson

Gotta assume the top 3 are safe as starters (though GMo's going to be in the thick of a competition, I'm sure) and the next 3 are mostly safe as shiny new draft picks. Even guys 7-8 saw significant playing time last season and can't be counted out. Where is there room for Dez Bryant?

Maybe GB puts Cobb on the trading block. Maybe Allison/Davis/Clark all get cut. That would give you Adams, Cobb, and three draft picks. That's already five freaking WRs, so Dez is #6 and we're talking about potentially cutting another guy.

Who knows which of these will even pan out, though, honestly. Sure, throw Bryant in there. May the best 5-6 win. Whatever. Just a lot of dudes to cut this August, that's all I'm saying.

May I present the top photo of NFL 2017: Spider-Tackle