Page 133 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1363

Thread: NFL Football

I don't want to overreact, but the Packers have got four quarterbacks who could start in the NFL, and a whole goddamn raft of WRs (even with Malachi Dupre getting injured). Watching Joe Callahan sling long passes to Max McCaffrey and Taysom Hill loft a perfect back-shoulder TD to Michael Clark gives me a small boner.

The safeties and D-line look great. Still no cornerbacks, and that is why Green Bay will go 5-11.

I'm giving them more optimistic odds and saying 9-7. But really I only commented so I could make a dick joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    ... gives me a small boner.
    Isn't that the only kind you ever get? :rimshot:

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Still no cornerbacks, and that is why Green Bay will go 5-11.
    I'll trade with you. For the 49ers 5-11 would be a major improvement.
    - Definitely

I don't know whether GB's defense will be any good this year, but upon further reflection I feel optimistic about the cornerback situation.

2015 2016 2017
    Sam Shields Damn good #1 CB Week 1 injury, career over
    Casey Hayward Damn good #2 CB Walked as FA in offseason
    Damarius Randall Outstanding rookie Injured, out 6+ weeks, ineffective Healthy again
    Quentin Rollins Outstanding rookie Injured, out multiple weeks including playoffs Healthy again
    Ladarius Gunter Pretty good for a UDFA Suddenly the #1 CB Hoping to make the roster
    Davon House Instantly the #1 or #2 option
    Kevin King First round draft pick
    Josh Hawkins Second year UDFA, doing well
    Lenzy Pipkens Rookie UDFA, also doing well
    The Packers had a great group in 2015. The rookies were so good that they felt fine about letting Casey Hayward go in 2016, and that didn't even seem like a bad decision... until Shields went down, then Randall/Rollins both went down, and GB was suddenly scrambling to play Micah Hyde at 3 different positions simultaneously.

People (Sheil's wife) like to shit on Ladarius Gunter for his performance in 2016, but fuck me. That guy wasn't even drafted, they expected him to be their #4 or #5 option, and suddenly he was covering Julio Jones in the NFC Championship Game. I say he did yeoman's work. Actually hoping he makes the roster in 2017, and the fact that that isn't a given tells me the situation has changed considerably since January.

If Randall and Rollins are healthy and return to their rookie levels of play (or, ideally, quite a bit better after two years of experience)... if House remains merely as competent as he has been his entire career... if Kevin King is the #4 option as a first rounder... if any of Hawkins/Pipkens/Gunter crack the roster after a summer of competition...

The safeties are fine. Biggest worry for me is actually pass rush. GB's whole LB corps is crap.

Really though I just wanted to make a table.

Oh hell yes: Packers sign Ahmad Brooks to a 1-year contract worth (up to) $5M. He might be mostly used up at this point, or he might turn out to have Julius-Peppers-level gas left in the tank. Even as a rotational player, he can only improve GB's sad OLB depth situation.

I won't deny I've been F5'ing the internet for the last 48 hours waiting to see what would happen here. I'm stoked, Brooks was the best LB on that epic Niners defense a few years ago.

Well, now that Joe Haden's gone...

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...47640673382404

:ouch:

Yesterday I was invited to the 10/22 Packers game!

That's the Saints game! It's John Kuhn's homecoming!

I'm SO EXCITED!

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN!

I hope he scores a TD and the crowd screams for him.