Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1524

Thread: NFL Football

Yep. I believe McCarthy's still a good coach, and he'll succeed somewhere, but his philosophy seems to have run its course in GB. Things are stale, players look disinterested, and if he and Rodgers are on each other's nerves, that's just one more loaf on the pile.

Losing at home, in a snowstorm, as a 14 point favorite, to a 2-9 team from the desert... is icing on that loaf.

EDIT: Well, bingo bango bongo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-02-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    EDIT: Well, bingo bango bongo
    I hope this doesn't mean that the Packers are headed into a 49er-like wilderness while they rebuild under a new coach.
    - Definitely

First 90 seconds of the short-lived Joe Philbin era: two questionable Julio Jones catches, two wasted challenges. Won't need those in the next 58 minutes.

You thought McCarthy's "situational football" and "clock management" skills were bad?

EDIT: Gotta set the tone early
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-09-2018 at 02:14 PM.

So like, I know Rodgers wants to finish out the season, but... he ended up leaving the stadium in an ambulance today. Hopefully he's okay. But if he'd sat in weeks 16-17, he'd be healthier now, GB would probably have lost both games, and there'd be a top-five draft pick in the near future. Instead, he got a meaningless win against the Jets, put the pick outside the top-ten, and picked up some new injuries.

Again, I know he wanted to play, but there should have been a goddamn adult in the room at some point in the decision making process.

Edit: On the bright side, here's a clip of the 84-Million-Dollar Bust teaching Adam Thielen how to play WR
    Last edited by Macheath; 12-30-2018 at 10:32 PM.

I've seen that clip of Cousin's described as a dad talking to another dad about how to properly use a snowblower. Love it.

Bears hire Pagano as DC, which has led me to the following entertaining special teams breakdown:

Wow, that is some grade A stupid. Go Baers!

I want GB to re-sign:

• CB Bashaud Breeland - Looked decent in limited action after being signed mid-season.
    • DT Muhammad Wilkerson - Never got a chance to show his stuff, went down after 2 games. Depth suffered after that.
    • OLB Clay Matthews - Worth it if they get him cheap. He'll want to shop around. Can't go into 2019 with Kyler Fackrell and Reggie Gilbert as your starters.

I wish GB would cut:

• OLB Nick Perry - Useless, and currently the second highest salary on the team behind Rodgers. Either restructure his contract, or waive him and save what you can.

I would like GB to pursue:

• A veteran safety along the lines of Landon Collins or Earl Thomas
    • Any and all edge rushers who are allowed to escape into free agency
      • Unlikely to be available but would be amazing: Dee Ford or Jadeveon Clowney
      • More realistic: Ziggy Ansah

I hope GB will draft:

• As many edge rushers as they can
    • A solid tight end in the first 2 rounds
    • Line depth on both O and D

There, I feel better now.

The "legal tampering" period is a whole can of worms. FA contracts can't be signed until tomorrow, but they can be negotiated and agreed upon starting yesterday. Why? I do not know. But holy shit, the free agency rush started in earnest, Packer fans were (typically) freaking out because their team wasn't signing any of the big flashy names, and once again: no actual contracts had been signed yet for Peter's sake just calm the hell down.

Today?

• Adrian Amos (CHI) - 26 year old safety, started 16 games for the Bears last year (4 years, $37 million)

Yes, thank you, I will take a starter from that defense and consider it an instant upgrade over Kentrell Brice (or anybody else GB fielded at safety in 2018 for that matter). After Landon Collins and others set the S market at $14m/year yesterday, I think this contract is a frickin' steal.

• Preston Smith (WAS) - 26 year old OLB, former 2nd round pick, never missed a game, 24 sacks in 4 seasons (4 years, $52 million)
    • Za'Darius Smith (BAL) - 26 year old OLB, former 4th round pick, quiet in his first three seasons then 8.5 sacks last year (4 years, $66 million)

Za'Darius might be a one-year-wonder, we'll see. But adding two young pass rushers without any serious injury history and releasing Nick Perry all on the same day? Be still my beating heart. Now see if Clay wants to come back on a cheapish deal. Could still draft somebody, too.

• Billy Turner (DEN) - 27 year old OL, former 3rd round pick, versatile rotational/backup player who touched most positions on the line (4 years, $28 million)

Shoot, man. Safety, OLB, and (presumably) guard. Probably the team's top three needs this offseason. They should have the flexibility to do whatever they want with their two first round picks now, they're not absolutely forced to take one of the premium EDGE guys (though if the board falls that way, they absolutely still should). And may I reiterate, the free agency period technically still hasn't started. Wonder what else they'll get up to?

Earl Thomas

Sadly, sounds like Sheldon Richardson went to CLE, he would have been a fun addition. But at least he's out of the NFCN.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...75573072179200

EDIT: The idea that they might spend more money on top of these 4 signings is kind of a pipe dream; they still need to re-sign guys like Geronimo, then maybe pursue MoWilk, Breeland, Matthews if their prices come down... plus the rookies... there's just not a ton of room under the cap at this point.
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-13-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Also... Bears signed HaHa Clinton-Dix. Rodgers is going to make him look foolish. Or, he'll thrive now that he's on a competent defense. Could go either way!

But man, if you ignore the fact that the Redskins were involved, it almost looks like a player-for-player swap:

• BEARS RECEIVE: HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • PACKERS RECEIVE: Adrian Amos, 2019 4th round pick

That's absolutely not how it worked, but if it were a trade I'd be pretty hyped about it.