Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 1,601 to 1,607 of 1607

Thread: NFL Football

Martinez to Giants, Bulaga to Chargers. Didn't expect GB to re-sign either of those guys, but I hope they've found replacements in Christian Kirksey and Rick Wagner. Kirksey could be a significant upgrade at ILB if he stays healthy. Wagner will probably be serviceable at best, Bulaga was an elite T.

Would love to see GB re-sign Tyler Ervin (KR), Danny Vitale (FB), Ibraheim Campbell (S), and Jared Veldheer (T).

Would also love to see Robby Anderson (WR) come on over from the Jets.

Aside from that... seems like free agency's more or less done, time to start waiting for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    The last time the Packers used a first round draft pick on...

• an offensive player: 2010 (Derek Sherrod, OT)
    • an offensive skill position player: 2005 (Aaron Rodgers, QB)
    • a non-QB offensive skill position player: 2002 (Javon Walker, WR)

Eighteen years. The last blue chip WR to arrive in this town is now legal to fuck. That came out wrong.

It's time, Gute. It's tiiiiime. Also go get a free agent or two. Please oh god.
    Alright, but Davante, Jordy, Cobb, and Greg Jennings were all 2nd-rounders. Plus James Jones in the 3rd.

So whatever. Whatever! Just accept it.

Devin Funchess? Sure, alright. Gotta be better than Geronimo.

Julio Jones is a physical freak. He looks twice as big and twice as fast as this linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Julio Jones is a physical freak. He looks twice as big and twice as fast as this linebacker.
    Is it me or does 75 just sorta take the play off and not really try to tackle the runner?
    - Definitely

I've never seen Packer fans saltier over a draft. Analysts too, they're giving it an average grade of D+.

It was a rich draft for WRs, but Gutekunst is on the record as saying "hey, we tried, the board just didn't fall right." Fair enough. But people are so mad.

First of all, if you're a GB fan and you think they're "one player rookie WR away from a Super Bowl," you need to adjust your brainwaves. When the 2019 Packers lost, they looked awful. This was a 10-6 team that outperformed by three games. There have been worse 13-3 teams, but not many.

So forget about wide receivers. This draft looked like LaFleur working toward his preferred run-heavy, play-action based offense. The days of the McCarthy Spread are gone, get used to it. I actually think things were humming at their best in 2019 when Davante Adams missed 4-5 games, and they were forced to rely on their TEs and RBs. Things will look at lot more like that moving forward, I'd guess. You only need 2-3 good wideouts in an offense like that. Not five.

Forget about baseless EQ/MVS/Kumerow optimism:

• Davante Adams is still around.
    • Allen Lazard looked good down the stretch last year. If you leave out the first 5 games (where he didn't catch a pass) and extrapolate the rest, you get 50 rec. for 700 yards and 4 TDs. That's a pretty decent WR3 season.
    • They signed Devin Funchess. Is he washed up? Who knows, but he looked good in 2017 before injuries derailed him for a couple years.
    • They signed Reggie Begelton in January, after he lit it up in the CFL in 2019. His highlight reel looks good to me.

So, whatever. I will admit that when GB traded up (from 30->26) in the first round, I thought it would be to take Patrick Queen (who went at 28). But I'll also admit I know absolutely nothing. Jordan Love? Alright, sure. Can't mock the Bears for failing to plan adequately at QB, then get pissed when the Packers do the work and set up a pipeline at the game's most important position. Love will be in his 3rd year when Rodgers turns 39. Actually sounds just about perfect.

Remarkable: