Page 54 of 157 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

It makes for fun football. Take the Saints/Lions game. I knew the Lions were in trouble EVERY time they didn't score on offense. That is how good the Saints are. And the Lions defense isn't horrible, but they got passed on for over 1000 in the last 2 weeks. Crazy fun.

Why do I feel like John Parr lost a bet?

Musician John Parr updated his 1985 #1 hit "St. Elmo's Fire" to honor Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. Courtesy Barbara Terry. Read the lyrics here: http://bit.ly/xHZqvW

The Warlock (Die Hard)
    Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    or terrible defenses?
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Or further rule changes that make it even harder for defensive backs to stop receivers or even impede their progress.
    Yeah, I have to scratch my head at some PI calls. And what determines 15 yds vs spot foul? I've yet to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by thumblewort View Post
    It makes for fun football. Take the Saints/Lions game. I knew the Lions were in trouble EVERY time they didn't score on offense. That is how good the Saints are. And the Lions defense isn't horrible, but they got passed on for over 1000 in the last 2 weeks. Crazy fun.
    Thumble, that's not a good defense.

I love defense. I loved playing it. Love watching a good one. In the last few years, I have noticed a definite decline in the quality of the defenses (as a whole). It seems that players are not being taught how to tackle properly, merely how to make a highlight reel (good or bad). Just mho.

link

"We had a blast acting the fool. We did farming things," Greg Jennings told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "We got to see how they artificially inseminate cows. We actually did it. You've got to stick your hand in there. It was nice and warm."

I said the Lions defense "isn't horrible", which is a far cry from saying "good". I 100% agree on the lack of tackling skills, especially with the Lions, they seem to think a shoulder bump will get a pro offensive player tackled. Considering the Pack and the Pats are looking good for the big game, and they have 2 of the worse (if not the 2 worst) defenses in the league, defense is becoming an option instead of a requirement for greatness.

I love Stephen A. Smith (and hate Skip Bayless) so this is a big win for me.

The sequel with B.J. Raji was kind of meh, but this one's funny.

I hate to admit it, but yeah, those are good. Calvin and Suh need better commercials.

And the coffin nail is secure.

What's the deal with all the dropped passes and turnovers? That's not the Packers I've been watching all season. My heartfelt condolences to you Packer fans. I was really hoping to see them play the 49ers for the championship. Hopefully my team will be able to avenge you.
    - Definitely