Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WTF Generation Am I Anyway?

The "infinite scroll" thing, huh. I mostly spend my time on Reddit, I avoid Facebook like the plague. I haven't really experienced much infinite scrolling in my time. Usually, when I see it, it comes in the form of a weird empty patch at the bottom and a loading icon. Kind of breaks my immersion.

Doesn't the reddit app have infinite scrolling? I actually have the neverending reddit plugin on my browsers.

I've never used RES. I'm too used to vanilla Reddit. I also hate all of the mobile apps. All of them.

My fellow Millennials will understand all of these jokes:

Does anybody else hate the phrase "differently abled" like me, or am I the only asshole

No. I hate all the different terms we're using for people who are just being weird. Differently abled? You're left handed. Shut the fuck up.

It's not for southpaws. It's for handicappers who can still do things. The idea is that you're not labeling them as less or wrong.

They're not HANDICAPPED by not having a left hand. They are ABLE to things, but they thing DIFFERENTLY.

I feel like it's pandering.

I know it's not for southpaws, but that's probably not far down the road. It's probably slightly better than calling them handicapable I guess.

Yesterday I heard the term "gender confirmation surgery" for the first time on NPR. I guess sex change operation is too judgemental....

Administrator
    People these days seem to loose context or assume ill intent in favor of seeing an opportunity to be offended. For example, if i say to you "Oh, you're disabled, I had no idea", it's likely that I say that because I can clearly see you are in a wheel chair or missing a leg or something, not because i have some preconceived notion of what you can and can't accomplish.

Re: Gender stereotypes... actually, i'll ask my question in a private thread...