Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

At least you don't have Colonel Depression! I hope the meds and the therapists help, good luck!

Better living through chemicals! But for real, good luck, you have an amazing capacity to meet goals! With a little help you'll kick this and get back to better than normal!

that's too many exclamation points, but I'm trying to be positive.

I don't remember putting exclamation points in my post. That's weird.

Administrator
    thanks for the support, fellas!

Getting old has caused my teeth to shift and crowd so my bottom fronts are all screwed up. I'm not concerned about the cosmetics, but the structure of my teeth is failing. The crowded ones are hard to clean, brushing and flossing, and they're tipping inward so the part below the gum line where enamel changes is getting exposed which is irritating. All of this is to say I'm getting aligners from Candid Co and I'm very excited.

How much is that going to cost you? I've got crowding in the same area because I waited too long to get my wisdom teeth removed. It hasn't caused any issues, yet.

$1900, plus $20 for the starter kit, and tax is included. I used FSA/HSA money to pay for it. Oddly, all the online aligner places are $1900 +/- $5. After reading about 4 or 5 of them I settled on Candid. So far it has been a good experience and I would recommend. Speaking of that, if I do recommend you ... you get $100 off your treatment and I get $100 GC when you pay for it, win-win.

I had one of my lower front teeth pulled when I was quite young because apparently my dentist was a wizard who could see the future. So, I got 3 front teeth on the bottom, but they have elbow room.

I've always had fucky lower-front teeth. I feel like they give my mouth character. I'd probably feel differently if it was happening as I aged, and impacting me negatively. That said I will still judge your weird adult braces. Juuuuuudge.

Well, they're in. It's not painful, just a feeling of constant pressure. I'm assuming I should get used to it eventually. It will be fine and I'm looking forward to the end results, but in the meantime I wish younger me had kept my retainer and not let this happen to begin with. Stupid younger me.