Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

They apparently had left 2 stents in me last time they were in there. Today they took them out and everything looked great in the ol' bile duct. Turns out the random pains I was getting in my chest that would just lock me up mid-sentence for 5-10 seconds at a crack were just the stent moving around a bit. So, that's gone now so pretty happy about that being done.

That should be the end of this nightmare. I come out of it down a gall bladder, out several thousand dollars, but down 20 lbs and feeling like I'm in the best shape of my adult life. Now here's to keeping that trend going and thank you to Pokemon Go for helping facilitate a healthy lifestyle I can easily convince my kids to join.

Oh wow, I forgot you still had shit in there. So your "all day panic attack" or whatever, that was just hardware knocking against your innards? No biggie then.

No, pretty sure that was an Anxiety "episode". I had this surgery looming, my first big management meeting since my promotion was this morning just prior to surgery, and the guy I was trying to get promoted into working under me threatened to quit on Friday afternoon. I think that just added up to be a bit too much for me on Saturday.

But now the surgery is done, the meeting went fine, and it looks like they're gonna give him more money so he'll stay so wins all around!

Yay! Keep on that healthy trend and do better! A friend started telling me about his new philosophy of making healthy decisions to benefit his "80 year old self". Not a bad theory if you can train your brain to think that way.

Today has been great! I feel better than I have in months. I keep fighting the urge to attempt a cartwheel. That would end poorly. Probably. Damnit, now I wanna try it again.

Jesus fucking christ. I'm officially old. I just heard an ad on Pandora that used dancing poorly at your Class of 2000 class reunion and throwing out your back as an example for needing some back pain medication. Fuck!! I was in the fucking class of 2000.

Is your back healthy? If not start exercising, you're only as old as you feel. Don't be a weak lazy fuck and you won't need back pain meds.

My back is not healthy! That makes it even worse.

I started that core program Brien posted the other day. After day 1 I got the worst cold I've gotten in years with body aches and everything on top of the soreness from the workout. Consequently, I'm never working out again. Just kidding, I'll continue after I can breathe without coughing

When I can't breathe I feel better after running. I think it's like exercise for your lungs, work them out! YMMV.

I had been running 3 times a week, but I've had a bad month. First I hurt my neck doing basically nothing, then I had a cold, then I threw out my back doing some very minor plumbing, then I had another cold followed by a third cold. I do plan to start back up, but I'd like to be somewhat healthy.