Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO

Pokemon GO

Well, Miitomo was cute and fun (?) for a few days, then it got old pretty quick.

But now, there's a new Nintendo app, and its name is Pokemon GO!

Last night, I caught a Squirtle in my lap. This morning, I caught a Pidgey and an Ekans on my way from the parking structure to my desk. I plan to go for a walk later and see what else I find around campus.

Administrator
    i caught charmander this morning while taking a dump

EDIT: I'm pretty unimpressed with the basic functions of the app so far, i mean, fuck, people have been developing mobile apps for about 10 years now, the basics are all figured out - yet here I am in 2016 with an app that takes absolutely forever to load (relative to every other app) and requires me to actually type my google email and password every god damn time i load it up. it's like they've implemented only the first half of OAuth. This wouldn't be a problem if I had an easy password, but I'm a paranoid dweeb, so all of my passwords are randomly generated 12-16 character strings with special characters and such - a HUGE pain in the ass to type in on a smart phone where typing a 3 followed by an A requires 5 taps, for example.

I just clicked "login with google" the first time I started it, and have never typed a username or password.

Administrator
    I just made the mistake of opening up the settings screen, unchecked "send me promotional emails", checked "battery saving mode", then the app locked up for about 10 seconds and crashed me back to my home screen. Thanks, ObamaMiyamoto.

EDIT: and here I am waiting for the app to load again...

EDIT: it crashed while loading

EDIT: and here I am logging into Google again...

EDIT: and now it's loading again...

EDIT: finally, i'm back in! what was i doing again? i forgot.

You can safely blame Niantic or whatever the mobile app company is called.

Blame Miyamoto again and I will fight you. That man is too busy fucking up Starfox.

I caught a flaming pony while searching for my lunch tray. This game is retarded.

Administrator
    what the hell is that thing?

i guess i need to go on a walk/ride this evening. i also live about 1/4 mile from the largest park in Tucson, so it looks like i'll need to walk around there, too

Looks like a Gym. You'll probably need to be level 5 to visit.

Administrator
    come on!

Dude this is the view sitting at my desk and looking in one direction. I just need that last little push to level 5...

I'm by House on the Rock west of Madison and my hotel has a gym and so does the one next door. Im stuck at level 3.5. Grrr.