Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Movies (NOT MARVEL, STAY OUT MARVEL)

DC Movies (NOT MARVEL, STAY OUT MARVEL)

Wonder Woman looks awesome

Justice League looks pretty good too

AW YEAH

I am look forward to

WonWom was pretty good, but Justice League looks great

I finally saw Wonder Woman. Before I say anything about the movie I have to comment on my moviegoing experience:

So I'm sitting there waiting for the movie to start when a woman holding a box of Kleenex sits down next to me. Not a seat away, but right next to me. Sure enough she coughs and blows her nose through the whole movie. I'm no germophobe, but if you've got an active cold, maybe don't go to the movies. Certainly don't sit down next to innocent people and spread your germs.

Later, during a climactic final scene, some guy in the row ahead of us is looking at his phone. Is he getting an important text from his child? No. He's scrolling through Facebook. He paid $12.50 to sit in a movie theater and scroll through Facebook during the big final scene. To make things better, after my wife asked him nicely to turn it off he kept looking back at her giving her dirty looks.

What is the matter with people?

Okay, anyway, on to the movie itself. Overall it was a fun, well done movie. Some of the CGI was less than convincing, but it didn't take me out of the movie too much, so I'm okay with it. Gal Gadot was spot on perfect as Wonder Woman. I also liked Claire Underwood as the Amazon general. The only thing in the movie I didn't like so much was when Wonder Woman and Chris Pine's character did it. I thought that went against the nature of the character. She's a god brought to life by Zeus himself. To me it was pedestrian for them to just have casual sex like that. Maybe I'm just being patriarchal or something.

It was also interesting to see a super hero movie set in WWI instead of WWII. I wish they would have tried a little harder to not paint the Germans as the 100% baddies, though. The line between goodies and baddies is a bit more blurred in WWI than it is in WWII.

In my opinion this is the best DC superhero movie, by a large margin. Let's hope they've learned some lessons and that Justice League will also be really good.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    Later, during a climactic final scene, some guy in the row ahead of us is looking at his phone. Is he getting an important text from his child? No. He's scrolling through Facebook. He paid $12.50 to sit in a movie theater and scroll through Facebook during the big final scene. To make things better, after my wife asked him nicely to turn it off he kept looking back at her giving her dirty looks.
    This is the fucking worst.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    In my opinion this is the best DC superhero movie, by a large margin. Let's hope they've learned some lessons and that Justice League will also be really good.
    Goodness yes, at least in the new line of "DCEU" movies. There are arguments to be made for earlier stuff (Nolanverse, Burtonverse, Reeveverse) but nothing since Zack Snyder took over comes close to Wonder Woman.

ok sure

Man, I'm glad they didn't go with Dark Gritty Shazam. You know Zack Snyder wanted it.

Administrator
    This was in that trailer's "Up next" suggestions.

That was pretty awesome. Robin's arrival was the best.