Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

Just saw Black Widow. Pretty good. Great to see some backstory finally. It won't change your life, it doesn't elevate the MCU to a new threshold of amazingness, it's just a solid action movie with some fun bits.

The post-credits scene: I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and I'm buying whatever the fuck the MCU is selling with her. I hope it's a new team of anti-Avengers. That said, "the man responsible for your sister's death?" Who could that be? Who is she talking ab- NO way, HAWKEYE, you're really gonna pin that shit on him? What a giant bitch.

It's getting weird.

Aside from Banner and Loki, this dude's impressions are pretty good.

And speaking of Loki: anybody else watch dat shit? I'm done with all 6 episodes and wish to discuss.

Jonathan Majors kills it as a Kang variant. Clearly out of his mind, but also convinced he's doing the right thing. Clearly in charge, but it's a tenuous grasp. As soon as his foreknowledge runs out, you can see how hopelessly fragile he is. He knows he might be about to die, but he's made his pitch and he's counting on the Lokis being persuaded. He's excited to find out how things will go. And when they're about to go wrong, he's done. He doesn't beg for his life, he just whimpers and settles in for the final blow, and chillingly enough: "see you soon." I can't wait to see the millions of evil Kangs showing up through the rest of the MCU now.

I watched Loki as it was released, and I enjoyed it.

From the previews I had seen I was expecting a rather formulaic and goofy "time cop" type situation, but that took a pretty hard turn in the roxxcart episode. Loki and Mobius' verbal sparring was fantastic. What do you think of the fan theory that Mobius is a Howard Stark variant? I see a passing physical resemblance, but it feels like a stretch.

The TVA and the reveals about its source of employees and the timekeepers were fantastic.
    Last edited by liuv; 07-21-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    From the previews I had seen I was expecting a rather formulaic and goofy "time cop" type situation, but that took a pretty hard turn in the roxxcart episode.
    Yeah, on some level I would have been satisfied with Loki/Mobius buddy-copy shenanigans for six episodes, but Roxxcart, the revelation of Sylvie, and everything that happened once Loki left the TVA's warm embrace definitely took it in a more satisfying direction, story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by liuv View Post
    What do you think of the fan theory that Mobius is a Howard Stark variant? I see a passing physical resemblance, but it feels like a stretch.
    I'm with you, it's a huge stretch. "Vague resemblance" is enough to spark fan theories on social media, but no.

Gray hair and a moustache? Wow, is Stan Lee a variant?? I'm starting an alternate universe fanfiction series where everyone is Stan Lee.

Damn all these spoiler tags. I've only watched 4 episodes so far.

Eternals looks neato.

Yaaaaaaaaas.