Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    I watched Avengers last week. I liked it, but I didn't love it.
    I think I'm kinda Joss Whedon'd out, personally. Avengers was unique and amazing at the time, though. Never expected it to work as well as it did.

I watched Iron Man 3 today. The villain was great and I really liked how Tony is actually affected by the events in Avengers.
    Agree! People shit on IM3 for some reason, but I really liked it. Wayyy better than IM2.

I watched Thor 2 yesterday. It was... a movie. I feel like it was very similar to the first movie and I can see why they decided to go a different direction with Thor 3. If it was just another movie where race from dimension x+1 wants to destroy Asgard/ the Universe again. (though it does seem like Cate Blanchet wants to/ succeeds in destroying Asgard, so they're not straying too far from the formula)

A lot to catch up on

Captain America 2: I think I liked this one better than the first one. I liked how Steve got "Burn Noticed" and how Nick Fury got to be a badass. I liked how it maintains the emotional core present in the first one. I liked the dynamic between Steve and Black Widow. Falcon was pretty cool.

Avengers 2: I thought it was pretty good. I saw Ultron being evil right away (I mean other than the fact that the trailers pretty much gave it away). As soon as he started scanning human history, I thought "Yep we're fucked, humans are assholes". I like how they are able to make each character useful even there are vast power differences between some of the heroes (Thor vs Hawkeye) in a believable way.

Ant Man: I liked this one too. It was a bit sillier than the other movies (other than GOTG which I haven't watched yet on this watch through) but that's fine by me. I loved one scene in particular, though it was a small one. It was when he goes to his daughter's party and gives her an ugly teddy bear. And her step-dad looks at him like "you moron that is not a good present", and the girl loves it, because he knows her so well. It so subtly shows how much he cares about his daughter without having to spell it out. I'm not sure if the plot of the movie was that great, but it did set up a character that I'd like to see more of.

Captain America 2: I think I liked this one better than the first one.
    Winter Solder is one of my favorite Marvel movies. I am glad we agree.

Falcon was pretty cool.
    Sorry, never mind, we are now mortal enemies.

Ant Man: I liked this one too.
    I really need to watch this one again. I'm just butt-hurt about it, because it was gonna be directed by Edgar Wright, but he quit or was terminated after some bullshit "differences." Wright is the best, and the movie could have been so much better. You can even sniff some Wright DNA in dialogue here and there, from what I remember, but the lines are incompetently directed and blandly edited, so they just seem like boring scenes.

It was when he goes to his daughter's party and gives her an ugly teddy bear. And her step-dad looks at him like "you moron that is not a good present", and the girl loves it, because he knows her so well. It so subtly shows how much he cares about his daughter without having to spell it out.
    I feel like that's... pretty spelled out.

Anyway, imagine Ant-Man but more like this!

I saw Dr. Strange on Friday and I really enjoyed it. I read some review when it came out that had a lot of complaints about Strange and his relationship with the lady whose name I can't remember. He seemed like a realistic doctor who was full of himself and his abilities. Very like Sherlock (the new one). The special effects were very good, it could easily have been done poorly and looked like a bunch of video game characters jumping about (I'm looking at you Hobbit Trilogy) and it really didn't. I loved the end with the time loop to convince the dark god from taking over. I really didn't think I was going to like the movie based on reviews I had seen/read, so it vastly exceeded my expectations.

I saw Dr. Strange on Friday
    Did you skip Civil War? Are you out of order now?

The special effects were very good, it could easily have been done poorly and looked like a bunch of video game characters jumping about (I'm looking at you Hobbit Trilogy) and it really didn't.
    The Hobbit movies are so terrible. I hate them.