Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    You're basically all caught up, I'm impressed. You spent like 40-50 hours watching MCU movies over the past couple months, how's it feel?
    I do feel like it was worth the time to go through all the movies and connect with most/all of the characters. Now I can watch the new movies and have some hope of knowing what's going on.

Well, here we go boys. Captain Marvel is the Superman of the Marvel gang, surprising she's only showing up now, but she's gonna play an important role in Avengers 4.

Saw Venom last night. It was pretty "eh." Tom Hardy (as Eddie Brock) was great, all the other actors and characters were "eh." Some of the action scenes were actually reminiscent of Upgrade, which was a more entertaining movie.

Venom gets a 6/10. Upgrade gets a 7.5/10. The trailer for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse gets an 8.5/10.

Good promo, strange concept.

I just saw Spider-Mans, and it was outstanding. I loved (almost) every minute. Expecting to see it nominated for best animated feature, and wouldn't be too surprised to see it come away with a win (despite competition from Incredibles 2, Isle of Dogs, and god knows what else). It really was that good.

That said, the one thing that bothered me was (fairly minor complaint): Miles' dad showing up randomly in the final action scene. For a movie that was so tightly paced, so well planned and assembled, to have such a weird editing mistake as that -- it seemed pretty clear there was a missing 60 seconds or so where the guy investigates some shit, finds the hideout, and voila -- was really out of place and took me out of the movie for a minute or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    That said, the one thing that bothered me was (fairly minor complaint): Miles' dad showing up randomly in the final action scene.
    Okay, saw the movie again tonight, and paid specific attention to this: there were a couple (very quick) establishing shots that explained it, so I feel much better now.

Watching season 2 of Punisher on Netflix. They just revealed Jigsaw's face. OMG!

warzone-jigsaw.jpg

Just kidding, that's from the movie Punisher: War Zone. No, Netflix mustered this:

netflix-jigsaw.jpg

Saaaaad.

They're trying so hard, but season 2 just isn't very good. I've only got a couple episodes left, so I'm gonna watch it out.

Yeah, they held out with the mask for so long I was really anticipating the big face reveal. When it turned out to be pretty boy with some boo-boos that was super lame.

Also dredging up some rando oldskool mob heavy man who's completely Frank's equal was a bit of a stretch. I wish they didn't feel like they had to almost kill Frank each season. He's a superhero, he's supposed to kick everyone's ass, that's the point. Oh well. We'll have to wait and see if Disney can take it somewhere.

The last scene seems much more Punisher-y.