Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

Been awhile since I watched it, but they do bring up the Wachovia (or whatever) accords here and there.

They found my trigger! I cannot handle torture scenes involving needles under fingernails, it sets me off. Everything between my asshole and my bottom ribs is quivering with discomfort right now.

That said, Kyle MacLachlan is wonderful in season two. No matter what else I might say about the show to this point, his performance is as good as a can of Pringles.

EDIT: come on bruh

SKYE: I won't hesitate!
    ALSO SKYE: *immediately hesitates*
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-25-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    SKYE: I won't hesitate!
    ALSO SKYE: *immediately hesitates*
    I know, I know, story telling and shit .. blah blah .. but this show has an immense amount of *INDISCRIMINATELY SHOOT EVERYONE* .. *Oh, the bad guy, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.*

SMH

Duuude, one of the best "oh shit" moments of the show so far.

TALBOT: "Well if he's not on that ship, who is?"

hive1.jpg

ME: hmmm yeah who is it, is it a bomb maybe

hive2.jpg

ME: oh lol ok

TALBOT: What makes you think Lash can kill Hive? And who in tarnation names these things?

Dude, why does everyone treat Director Mace so nasty? He's nice, he's competent, he tackles the bureaucrats so no one else has to, he's willing to take a bullet both literally and figuratively, and the worst thing he does is annoy people with his corny catchphrase: "A team that trusts is a team that triumphs." In response, everyone under him absolutely shits on him nonstop.

I feel like they meant to cast an asshole, but fucked up and cast a nice guy, then didn't bother rewriting the whole season of dialogue.

EDIT: Right now I'm watching an episode where he sacrifices himself allowing everyone else to escape, and then he gets captured and sits around being tortured while the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. plays with a VR helmet in their plane.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also bears mentioning that when the whole team gets their memories wiped and they're sucked into an alternate universe where HYDRA won the big conflict and took over the world... Coulson's a meek schoolteacher, May and Fitz are reprehensible higher-ups in HYDRA itself, Mack is just some nobody... and Mace is the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's a scrubby existence in this reality, a tiny little rebel group, but Mace is the only one in the whole cast who's still more or less the same guy post-mind-wipe, still trying to do the right thing.

I'm in Mace's corner.

So brutal. Mace sacrificed himself to save everyone (again) and died this time. I figured he'd die at some point, but I was kind of hoping he'd at least get some damn respect from the rest of the team before he went. The shitty way they all treated him was incomprehensible to me.

I don't even know why this is such an issue for me; maybe it just seems out of character, so it's bothering me more. But in the "alternate universe," everyone had one regret corrected: Coulson never became a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Mack's daughter never died, Fitz's dad never left him, etc. They're all living wildly different lives. Mace's one big regret-fix? His powers (normally induced by a chemical injection) became permanent, and he was more able to help and protect everyone than in real life.

Farewell Mace, these shitty characters didn't deserve you. I kind of hate them all now.

Finished season five! If Coulson's really dead, man... I love the character, he was really the heart of the show, but how can you ask the poor guy to do more? He's been through the wringer, just look at this face:

coulson.jpg

So as with all beloved characters who depart, this will certainly affect

Oh, okay, never mind, he's definitely still alive. A clone or something. Neat I guess

Endgame preview: Iron Strange
    Attached Images Attached Images