Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

New trailer for Doctor Strange looks great, but I wish it wasn't Benedict Cumberbatch. No idea what this accent is supposed to be but it sounds awful.

I am very interested to see how Doctor Strange does at the theatre. It is one of those characters that so few people probably even realize exists in the Marvel universe so it is going to be a bit of a corner case sort of movie. I, for one, am very much looking forward to it and hope it does well enough to produce sequels.

There's been so much noise about "whitewashing" in the last year or so, I worry that people are gonna make a hell of a lot of noise over Tilda Swinton. Somewhat deservedly. I doubt that will make much of a dent in a Marvel movie at the box office at this point, but you're right that Doctor Strange is a small property compared to Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, even Ant Man. So maybe the lily-white Tibetan and the shitty American accent will be bigger factors than they might otherwise have been.

Luke Cage!

I am excited about this show.

They still haven't figured out how to do Wolverine's wirework in a way that doesn't look fake as hell. But otherwise this looks really good! Chalk another one up for Fox over Marvel Studios, IMHO. (I liked Deadpool and X-Men: Apocalypse better than Ant Man and Civil War. Fight me.)

I tried to post this earlier, but the forums told me to go fuck myself.

I'm waaaaaay behind on my xmen movies. Is there a viewing order guide?

You've probably seen the early ones, but...

1. X-Men 1
    2. X-Men 2
    3. X-Men: The Last Stand (don't actually watch this you will get eye cancer)
    4. X-Men: First Class
    5. X-Men: Days of Future Past
    6. X-Men: Apocalypse

1-2 are the original Bryan Singer ones that kind of kicked off the whole comic book movie craze. 3 is the Brett Ratner shitstravaganza. 4-6 are Bryan Singer's new ones, with some new cast members (and some old ones). They're very solid as long as you don't go in expecting to have your dick blown off. Really good cast.

The Wolverine movie that's just called "The Wolverine" is also pretty amazing, if you ask me. It's a standalone, don't worry about trying to find the right spot to fit it in. And don't watch any other Wolverine movies, just this one. And now maybe Logan.

Aw man, was 3 really that bad? I just watched the trailers and I've seen 2, but nothing since then. Seeing the trailer for The Last Stand reminded me that I was pretty excited for the continuation of the Jean Grey/Phoenix story line, JUGGERNAUT, and Archangel.

Also, holy fuck, X-Men 2 came out 13 YEARS ago!?
    Last edited by liuv; 10-21-2016 at 11:15 AM.