Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel movies (BUT NOT DC YOU DICK)

I've started watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and so far it's not all that great. We'll see how far I make it before getting bored and peaceing out again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another hype trailer with no real content, but this is all Marvel has to produce to get people to see their movie. Really, the trailer could just be a title and a date and that would be enough.

Big new revelations:

• They get uniforms
    • Thor's hammer is back (?)
    • Couple notes added to the Avengers theme

It's Thor's axe. That handle is super long and in the shot where he's leaning on it, you can kinda see the opposite side.

Ahh, yup, you're right. It's Stormbreaker. Here's the pointy end:

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I've started watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and so far it's not all that great. We'll see how far I make it before getting bored and peaceing out again.
    Alright, it's getting better, but still a pretty disposable "thing to watch while doing something else." And I know it's just a weekly network TV show, but come on, look at these shadows; what, is the plane partially transparent?

shadows.jpg

EDIT: For my own reference, here's kinda where the MCU movies end up in the S.H.I.E.L.D. chronology, since I keep getting caught off-guard... one episode to the next, suddenly shit is all weird and people are like "can u believe what happened, that wuz crazy huh" and I spend a couple minutes struggling to figure out which movie they're talking about. I dunno if there are any crossovers with the Netflix shows. Hopefully not. I expect the Captain America and Avengers movies to make the biggest differences to the show.

• SHIELD S1E01-S1E07
    • Dark World
    • SHIELD S1E08-S1E15
    • Winter Soldier
    • SHIELD S1E16-S2E19
    • Ultron
    • SHIELD S2E20-S2E22
    • Ant Man
    • SHIELD S3E01-S3E19
    • Civil War
    • SHIELD S3E20-S3E22
    • Black Panther, Doctor Strange
    • SHIELD S4
    • Homecoming, Ragnarok, Ant Man 2
    • SHIELD S5
    • Infinity War
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Nearing the end of season 1, and it's actually pretty good now. The season started rough, but has steadily improved. The rating graph agrees, and fortunately, it looks like things stay pretty highly rated from here on out, so... hopefully it will be a nice smooth ride. :thumbsup: :ultron:

EDIT: ayyyyy
    Last edited by Macheath; 03-19-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I watched it all because I wanted to finish the story. There are certainly some places where it fell flat, but overall it was enjoyable. Gets super weird when they leave Earth. And don't worry he does die eventually.

I left off in I think season 3 or 4. I should really catch up again. I'm terrible about keeping up with TV shows.

Everyone smelled a fart at the same time. Guess who? Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    • SHIELD S1E16-S2E19
    • Ultron
    • SHIELD S2E20-S2E22
    I hit the point in the series where Ultron happens. So I actually went out and bought Ultron on Blu-Ray, since I'd been thinking about it lately. Believe I only watched it once, when it was in theaters, then never again... so I kinda wanted to see it again. Turns out it's got some good stuff, but it's mostly a mess. Then, I turned S.H.I.E.L.D. back on, and not only did episode 2x20 contain one of the dumbest plot twists I've ever seen, it also made almost no mention of Ultron whatsoever. What da point?

Winter Soldier, you'd expect that to be the biggest impact on the show, since it's basically when S.H.I.E.L.D. dissolves (and it did have a huge impact). Maybe the other movies don't play in very much at all.