Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Swiitch

Well here we go boys biggest Switch game ever

Oh snap :ohsnap:

EDIT: nice job giving away the punchline in the fucking thumbnail ubisoft ad people

If this was a Switch game, I'd already have it on pre-order. I might buy it anyway. But I don't play 3DS games very much.

Still, I sure do love Metroid.

Neat. I dug Killer 7 and No More Heroes.

I've been playing Mario + Rabbids all week. If you've got a Switch and you're looking for something different, this is a really good game.

At first it seems too easy, but believe me when I say it gets harder; don't mistake the fact that it's simplified XCOM for it being an easier version of XCOM. It's certainly a less bullshit (99% chance to hit; muzzle directly in the guy's face; whoops I missed) version of XCOM.

In XCOM, much of the tension and difficulty come from permadeath. In Mario + Rabbids, it comes from level layout. The strategy on some of these levels is like solving a puzzle. And then there's actual puzzles between some of the combat levels. It's really more like XCOM crossed with Captain Toad.

I really am liking it so far. And if you have little babies watching, they'll like the Rabbids.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I've been playing Mario + Rabbids all week.
    Played a bunch more this weekend. The more I play, the more I like it. I really highly recommend it to anybody who's got (or is thinking about) a Switch.

Well, here's all the info at once. God damnchrist.

Well with their stock at a 10 year high, I'm glad to see Nintendo using their newfound capital wisely:

I still own the stock. Bought it for $14 a share. Hooray! I just wish I could put a stop loss on it, which I can't cause it's a weird international thing. boo.

Also, why can't they just roll the whole classic NES/Super NES out as a download for sale on the Switch? I'd love to have the games, but don't really want another damned console.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I still own the stock. Bought it for $14 a share. Hooray!
    Wow, when did you buy that? Surprised you've held onto it all this time, nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    Also, why can't they just roll the whole classic NES/Super NES out as a download for sale on the Switch? I'd love to have the games, but don't really want another damned console.
    If they released an "NES Classics" Switch game, it would all be software emulation. Which is fine in the case of NES, and probably SNES, and that's how all the Virtual Console stuff works anyway. Somewhere in the middle of my brain, I'm convinced the little Mini-consoles have some specialized hardware, so it's less like software emulation and more like the original NES/SNES chipset, so it works better and is more accurate. But I could be full of shit, for all I know those things just have a Raspberry Pi in them.